Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Saturday, August 23, 2008

PhotoHunt#16 - Wrinkled ... Camera Critters #22 Smiley Saturday #16 and More Olympics Musings

Make Time for Small Reflections
Scroll down for Smiley Saturday
My 1st 'Wrinkled 'Photo Hunt today is at Sacred Ruminations
This is my 22ndMisty Dawn started the meme and explains the rules here:
Introductory Information

'Wrinkled'
I introduced 'Lily' a while back,
but her cute 'wrinkles' came to mind again this morning.
Click for others participating this week in ... Photo Hunt and Camera Critters.
This is my 16th
I'm smiling today because ...
1. I finally created new photo headers for two of my blogs and I'm fairly happy with the results. I'll like them better when I learn enough about HTML coding to 'fix' the 'template' issues creating small 'glitches' ... but I'm choosing not to be picky at the moment.

2. I've caught up with responses to comments on my blogs ... winnowed down the number of emails left to under 100 (from more than 750) ... and have the 'unread posts' in my 'reader' back in the range of about 400 even though I've been admittedly Olympics Obsessed and there's Tennis to watch too ... (exhaling to relax as I feel myself tensing up while typing).

3. The USA men and women managed to come back (after dropping the baton and failing to qualify for the final 4 x 100m relay) ... taking the Gold in the 4 x 200
relay finals.4. American 10-m Platform Divers David Boudia and Thomas Finchum qualifed in the top 12 and will compete in the finals.

5. After the USA 'Gold-medal sweep' for Beach Volleyball, both the mens and womens Volleyball teams made it to the 'finals' and although the women took 'silver' in that match against the Brazilians, the men will play Brazil for the 'gold' ...


6. Although I've not followed Basketball too closely, the USA mens and womens teams have made the Gold Medal Round ... so maybe I'll watch those games.

7. I'm enjoying a nice catch up visit on the phone with my sister this morning at the moment. They're in Rhode Island ... still enjoying the RV 'retired life' on the road. Methinks I'll post this now ... and perhaps add a few more things later. I did have some humorous links to share, but I'm having trouble 'multi-tasking' at the moment.
Click for others participating in Smiley Saturday today.
Small Reflections ... Smile Back
Thought for Today
"If only we'd stop trying to be happy we could have a pretty good time." Edith Wharton

38 comments:

tnchick ♥ said...

Love the pup - how cute and perfectly wrinkled!


Go Team USA!!

Anonymous said...

I love Lily!! She looks like a happy bundle of wrinkles.

Have a great weekend!!

Akelamalu said...

Aw Lily's wrinkles are cute, unlike mine! :0

Joyce said...

Lily is beautiful. She looks like she would enjoy a scratch behind the ears and a dog biscuit treat. :) She is wonderfully "wrinkled." :)

Enjoy your time watching the Olympics. :)

Ladykli said...

Now that's what I call a cute, cuddly bundle of wrinkles!
http://ladykli-goingonaphotohunt.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Great wrinkles on cute critters. :)
Lilly looks unhappy about having her picture taken.

My critter is here

Carletta said...

Wrinkled and Camera Critters combined with a perfect image!
This was a very clever idea.

Ramblings of a Villas Girl said...

Lily is a cute puppy. She has such soulful eyes.

Rebecca Mecomber said...

That pup is wrinkled!

My Photo Hunt is up, too! Please visit and leave your link. :) http://newyorktraveler.net/photo-hunters-wrinkled/

AppleDebbie said...

Lily is adorable! Give her a smooch on her little wrinkled up nose for me! :)

kitten said...

Thank you for all the sweet comments in my email and blog.
That dog is so beautiful!
Our USA teams are doing so well this year. I'm so proud of them. Thank you for the updates.

Baba said...

Look at Miss Lily... too cute and I love her wrinkles . I bet her skin is very smooth and soft to touch...thanks for your visit to my place today...

Barb said...

Cute wrinkled pup! I'm a sucker for all creatures!

Lapa37 said...

A very adorable wrinkly dog and glad to hear about you fixing your headers. The HTML stuff sure can be so confusing.

Ari_1965 said...

I think Lily is saying "Let me out of the crate so I can find some shoes to gnaw on."

Hootin Anni said...

awwwwwwwwwwww, she's just so darned cute!

storyteller said...

To everyone – Thanks for visiting Small Reflections this morning and sharing your thoughts. I’ve visited some of you already and will be doing my best to get around to the rest of you later today or tomorrow. I've enjoyed finding your comments this afternoon almost as much as I savor Saturdays themselves. I'm glad you enjoyed Lily's wrinkles and my Olympics musings. Hope you’re having a lovely weekend.
Hugs and blessings,

Betty said...

Lily is such a cute doggie. I remember you introducing us to her before, but nice choice for today's photo hunt.

I think I have a lot of unread emails when I return from vacation at times to find almost 400, but your 750 makes me feel better about it all, lol.

Oh, I love your new header.

Deb @ Sugarfused said...

Lily is adorable and she's perfect for today's wrinkle theme!

I feel terrible that I haven't seen any of the Olympics this year but just haven't had the time. It's nice, though, to come by and read snippets whenever I visit your weblog. I'm glad you're able to enjoy them so much :)

Momisodes said...

What a cutie :) Wrinkles and all!

I missed the men and women's relay. I wish I would have caught that. I was up watching last night until my eyes could no longer stay open!

So glad you were able to catch up with your sister. Hope you're having a lovely weekend.

Patricia said...

Love your wrinkled puppy - reminds me of the puppy I photographed for wrinkled, as well.

Rambling Woods said...

Oh..tell Lily she is very cute..but she probably knows that...

ratmammy said...

i want to hug that doggie!! so cute!

Forgetfulone said...

Great picture for camera critters and photo hunt! I think he's adorable!

i beati said...

Lily is a diva for sure can't believe Olympics almost over- we did shine !! sandy

Indrani said...

It must be warm to run fingers through the wrinkles.

The Gal Herself said...

I'm not a big fan of the Olympics, but as a rabid Cub fan I understand how intoxicating it is when your team is winning and I'm glad you're enjoying the games. And Lily is ADORABLE!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie!

Pat - Arkansas said...

Love your little wrinkled dog; she's so cute!

Anonymous said...

The Olympics are great for smiley moments aren't they? I love how people can put aside their differences for a time. When they were held here, it really brought the nation together.

Dick said...

Cute. Thanks for your visit. I did see your "birds", amazing.

Misty DawnS said...

I am in LOVE with Lily! I just wanna hug her and rub her belly! She's so precious.

maryt/theteach said...

Your wrinkled critter, storyteller, is adorable! I like your new headers here and on Sacred Ruminations." :)

Roan said...

That puppy needs a snuggle. She looks so soft!

Anonymous said...

Great work with the headers they look fabulous. HTML will forever remain a foreign language to me. :grin:

storyteller said...

Betty – Thanks for the feedback on my new header and I’m glad to make you feel better. I get LOTS of emails because I check the little box when I leave comments … and may need to stop that practice one of these days just because.

Deb (at Sugarfused) – One of the nifty things about being happily retired is I have more discretionary time than most. That said … there wasn’t enough time to watch ALL of the Olympic events so I chose the ones I liked best and let the rest go. I’m glad you enjoyed my updates along the way.

Sandy (Momisodes) – I fell asleep some of the nights, but set the DVR so I could catch what I missed in the morning or later the next day. Sorry you missed the relays … the 200 and 400m relays were MUCH better for both the men and women than the 100m race where they dropped the baton.

Patricia – Yez … I saw several ‘wrinkled’ puppies for this week’s Photo Hunt ;--)

Rambling Woods – I’m sure she does … but probably never minds hearing it again either.

Ratmammy – Yez … Lily’s certainly adorable and huggable too.

Forgetfulone – Thanks. I’d shared Lily before … but couldn’t resist her wrinkles for this theme.

Sandy (ibeati) – The USA did well … and I did enjoy all of the events I got to watch. That said … I need SLEEP badly!

Indrani – Yez … she’s a soft, cuddily critter.

The Gal Herself – It’s funny because for the most part TENNIS is the only sport I watch with any regularity … but when the Olympics roll around (whether summer or winter) I do tend to get caught up in the games.

BarbaraH – Thanks ;--)

Pat (an Arkansas Stamper) – I’m glad you enjoyed Lily’s wrinkles. She’s actually a neighbors pooch.

Lightening – Yez … that’s the best part of the Olympics … people coming together around commonalities as they set differences aside.

Dick – I’m glad you found the ‘birdz’ post … and you can see why it came to mind when I saw YOUR photo.

Misty Dawn – Lily’s always open to loves and cuddles.

Mary, the teach – Thanks for the feedback on my headers. I’m quite pleased and proud of the fact I did them myself! Baby steps gets me where I need to go … eventually.

B. Roan – Yup … Lily’s a snuggler for sure ;--)

Leechbabe – HTML is fairly ‘foreign’ to me except for the bits and pieces I’ve learned along the way. I doubt I’ll ever WRITE CODE, but I’ve learned to make minor modifications and that’s been fun.

To all – Thanks so much for visiting Small Reflections over the weekend. I always enjoy finding comments. Hope you’re having a marvelous Monday!
Hugs and blessings,

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

Hey storyteller. I usually read you in a reader, but when you said you changed your blog headers, I thought I'd drop by here and Sacred Ruminations to check them out. They look great! You've really been rocking that Photoshop class! :)

storyteller said...

MPJ – Hey yourself ;--)
Thanks for dropping by in REAL time and checking out my ‘headers’ … I have enjoyed my PSE6 classes and am playing with ‘filters’ since I started my ‘advanced’ class this week … so when you get some time be sure to check out Wordless Wednesday at Sacred Ruminations and my T-13 here at Small Reflections … just because. The 'effects' are very 'kewl' ;--)

I slept in this morning and haven’t yet decided what to do for Haiku Friday on either blog, but I’m sure I’ll get around to both eventually.
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails