Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Friday, August 1, 2008

HF#61 - An apology, correction, and more ...

Make Time for Small Reflections
I apologize
to the Sky Watch visitors
because my 1st link

in the Sky Watch Hub
brings you here when my Sky Watch
post
is located

on my other blog
with a Haiku of it's own ...
a simple mistake.

Not fully awake,
my computer added the
link and I did not

notice it was wrong
until after I had pressed
'enter' ... such is life.
~ ~ ~
Ohmygosh
Suddenly I've lost
track of what I intended

to share here today.

I am taking a
few moments to walk away
and do something else

to collect my thoughts.
I'll return to finish here ...
or just let this be.
~ ~ ~
Photo found at BuzzFeed
Have you heard about
this golden retriever who's
nursing tiger cubs

at a Kansas zoo?
Apparently she just weaned
puppies of her own

and has adopted
these cubs abandoned by their
mother. Very 'kewl' ...

~ ~ ~
Click for Haiku Friday #60 & Sky Watch #5

For others participating in Haiku Friday this week, go to A Mommy Story or Playgroups are no Place for Children. Click to see my previous Haikus here at Small Reflections and at Sacred Ruminations, or click the Haiku Friday link in the About Me section of my sidebar for a Directory to all my Haiku Friday posts with clickable links by topic.
Small Reflections ... Smile Back
Thought for Today
"Humility does not mean thinking less of yourself than of other people, nor does it mean having a low opinion of your own gifts; it means freedom from thinking about yourself at all." William Temple

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a good momma dog. i hadn't heard about that.

Anonymous said...

Aw, the dog an the tiger cubs - too cute!!

Mike Golch said...

well and port in a storm will do.
thanks for shareing the photo. Hugs and God's Love and Blessings.-Mike G.said that!(Its an A.A.Thing)

Akelamalu said...

The photo of the dog with the tiger cubs is amazing! I hadn't heard about it, but then I haven't seen a television or a newspaper for a fortnight whilst in Greece.

Momisodes said...

I'm always losing me train of thought. Especially when looking for somethings :(

LOVE that photo of the tiger cubs and dog. I didn't hear of it until you posted. So incredibly sweet :)

Anonymous said...

I love the way you've redirected us to your Sky Watch Friday post. Well done! I also like the rest of your post here, haha. Many animals have done the 'other species adoption' thing which just goes to show how incredible life is, and how God expresses Itself through those animals. Total Unconditional Love. Humans could learn so much...

Alice at: I Was Born2Cree8
My 1st SWF post is here: Sky Watch Friday

Reba’s dog blog: Reba’s Run
Reba’s 1st SWF post here: Sky Watch Friday

maryt/theteach said...

Storyteller, good post no matter what you say!

I've tagged you with the Need Meme. It's easy and short but you don't have to do it if you don't want to... :)

Eve said...

Don't you just hate it when the wrong url goes up? I forget to check all the time and end up linked to a really old page or one that has no connection at all.

Love the picture of the tigers and their surrogate mom. Love your haiku.

storyteller said...

Monica (Transplanting Me) – It’s a surprising story, but a ‘kewl’ one too. Glad I could pass it along as news.

Maggie – Yup … caused me to do a double-take when I saw it ;--)

Mike – I’m glad to pass things like this along.

Akelamalu – Welcome back! Hope you had a lovely vacation. Hard to believe it’s been two weeks, but then I did just leave comments on Fun Monday from 2 weeks ago. Can time actually be speeding up somehow I wonder? Humbling thought actually …

Sandy – Losing my train of thought seems to happen more often all the time. It’s a bit unnerving, but I’m learning to make lists and to give myself time to relax and think when needed. Things usually come together then.

Alice (I Was Born2Cree8) – Thanks! Haiku comes to me easily … and Fridays mean ‘haiku’ these days, so it seemed like a natural once I’d discovered my error and let go of my frustration with myself. I was hoping to ‘redirect’ folks in a fun manner … and it seems I succeeded with you ;--)

Mary, the teach – Thanks for the visit, compliment, and the tag … easy & short works for me and I’ve not been ‘tagged or memed’ for a while. I enjoyed sharing my results for 'storyteller needs' this morning (Sunday) here at Small Reflections and even went out on a limb & tagged some friends as well.

Eve – Yes I do find it frustrating. On my old laptop, nothing ever got filled in so it wasn’t an issue … therefore I’m not used to ‘checking’ yet. In a way, not having to type the info repeated is nifty. I guess I just need to remind myself to check until I form a new habit and/or ‘redirect’ folks as I did here when things slip through the cracks. I’m glad you enjoyed the photo and haiku.

To all - Thanks for dropping by and sharing your thoughts. Sorry it took me a couple of days to leave my responses. Hope all's well with you and yours.
Hugs and blessings,

storyteller said...

Karen – Animals can be surprising …
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails