Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Monday, August 11, 2008

Fun Monday #18 - Favorite Photograph(s) ...

Make Time for Small Reflections
AOJ of the Lurchers is hosting Fun Monday this week and asks us to ...
"show me your favourite photograph and tell me why it's your favourite. It can be one you've taken yourself or one someone else has taken, a snapshot or a more professional image. Is there a story behind it? Do you love it for the memories it gives or just because it's pleasing to the eye?"
I apologize for publishing later than usual today ...(I confess the Olympics has captivated my attention so I didn't get around to this task until this morning & I've been 'distracted' as I attempted to select photos for the two collages)... and for 'cheating' by creating these collages of photos from my week in Taos during the summer of 2007, but the remembrance of that experience IS what keeps me blogging. I do love each of these pictures (along the ones in my sidebars and various Taos related posts along the way), and choosing just one didn't seem possible (though I did try).

The 'outside' views above are a few of my 'favorite spots & activities' ... the ones below remind me how lovely the 'inside' areas were & the delicious food served to us daily for breakfast, afternoon snacks, and dinner. I sat often in these chairs to write and spent way too much money on books ... but I wouldn't change a thing.
I selected many of these images because I don't recall sharing many of them (although some will be familiar to those who read me regularly). All bring back wonderful memories this morning.
I hope YOU enjoy them too. FYI: The Mable Dodge Luhan House in Taos, New Mexico is a delightful place to 'vacation' ... and is reasonably priced for the area. In addition to the collages & Taos photos in my sidebar here and at Sacred Ruminations, I'm including links to other posts containing favorite images from (and information about) my Writer's Retreat experience in July-August of 2007 ... on this blog and my other blog ... just because.
Click for others participating in Fun Monday today.
Next week will be hosted by Lisa's Chaos.
I can't resist adding (even though it's off topic):
How about that amazing American men's relay team ... edging out a victory against the French and the Australians against the odds and paving the way for Michael Phelps to achieve his dream for the Beijing Olympics? Go USA!!!
Small Reflections ... Smile Back
Thought for Today
"Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume." Jean de Boufflers

22 comments:

Jill said...

neat. havent seen a collage on anyone else's

kitten said...

Love your choice of pics! I really love how you do your pics.

Betty said...

Wow, nice pictures and how in the world did you put those pictures within a picture? Is that something you learned in your class? I need to find a class like that close to me.

Hope your week is off to a good start.

Tink *~*~* said...

I hear you about the Olympics! I think we are all going to be hurtin' puppies for the next few weeks.

Thanks for the introduction to Taos. It looks like an awesome place to vacation.

Tink *~*~*
My Mobile Adventures *~*~*

Anonymous said...

As usual your pictures are fantastic. It is such a pleasure visiting here.
Watch out for the Olympics. Too much of any good thing can be dangerous.

maryt/theteach said...

Wonderful pictures and arrangement of them. Taos, NM looks like a great place! Thanks for commenting on my Creative Photo for Roger's contest! :)

Sayre said...

That area of New Mexico is so beautiful... your photographs came out quite lovely. I hope to get back there someday - you just reminded me!

ChrisB said...

That was a fun way to tackle this post. You managed to show us a lot of great photos.

Molly said...

I like the composition of your pictures. Not only do your pictures tell a story, but they tell several stories.

Joyce said...

Great memories and continuing motivation; that's a blessing indeed. :)

You are ahead of me on posting, Storyteller. Give Me Five Monday didn't post a prompt today, and I haven't thought about what to post instead. With most of my family away for the week, I'm doing some extra reading . . . so enjoyable. :)

Susan Demeter said...

I'm not doing this meme, but just surfing through, and wanted to say hi! :)

Alison said...

great choices...I love you pictures from Taos...

Jan said...

Great post. I like your collages, very creative. Thanks for the tip on where to stay in Taos.

Pamela said...

I was in Taos in 1971. That is a long time ago. I tried to recall --
not much in my memory banks.

Makes me want to go again, after seeing your photos.

(ps. Yes, I watched that relay last night not knowing the outcome, and I was jumping up out of chair screaming)

Faye said...

Storyteller, thanks for this mini tour of Taos. I always think of it as a place to get your mind and heart right. Just found your blog recently through Fun Mondays and haven't read any back posts--will get back to them soon. I have admired the photos in your sidebar and wondered where they were taken--now I know.

Anonymous said...

I like the way you did the pictures, and they are beautiful pictures, I am captivated by the olympics too, but I am not yet hooked, I am waiting for my relatives when they start running the track and field events

Momisodes said...

Very nice! I love those photos from Taos. The collage came out nicely :)

Mom Knows Everything said...

I love that collage!

Unknown said...

I love that first collage! You should design albums. :) Taos is a beautiful place!

storyteller said...

To everyone – Once again the week has slipped by and I’m only just now getting around to responding to your comments on my Fun Monday post. I apologize for being so SLOW about this because your visit and reactions mean a great deal to me. I’ve read them many times in the course of the past week … and revisiting them today I’m reminded how much I enjoyed seeing YOUR favorite photos and visiting your blogs too. This ‘virtual’ world has me ‘hooked’ even as I’m distracted by the Olympics and busily living ‘real’ life too. Trying to fit everything in is challenging … and I’m grateful I don’t have to show up at work each day and/or take care of a family too. I hope you’ve all had a wonderful week … and I look forward to seeing what you do with Lisa’s challenge tomorrow.
Hugs and blessings,

Tina Coruth said...

Beautiful!!! :-)

storyteller said...

Tina – Thanks for your visit and the kind words … I’m glad you enjoyed them. ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails