Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Saturday, August 9, 2008

CC#20, PhotoHunt#13, SmileySaturday#15

Make Time for Small Reflections
Scroll down for Smiley Saturday
My 1st 'Dark' Photo Hunt today is at Sacred Ruminations
My OSI Week 23: Folly posts can be found here and here.

This is my 20th
Misty Dawn started the meme and explains the rules here:
Lazy Dayz of Summer

Ms. Kitty is certainly DARK!
Click for others participating in ...
Camera Critters and Photo Hunt today.

I'm smiling today because ...
1. I just watched Andy Roddick win his quarter final match against Marc Gicquel easily ... in straight sets, and am looking forward to viewing his semi-final match against Denis Gremelmayr later on today. Andy's been plagued with physical problems lately, but started off the 2008 season with some excellent wins against all the top players ... including Federer, Nadal, and Djokovic. He opted to skip the Beijing Olympics this year to concentrate on the US Open Series instead. If he wins this Countrywide Classic Olympus Tournament, he'll have 100 points and be 'in the mix' for the rest of the series leading up to the US Open.
Photo source: Yahoo Sports

2. I was able to create the collage above in just minutes using Photoshop Elements due to what I've learned this summer in my PSE6 classes at the local public Adult Education Center nearby.

3. Although I have mixed feelings about China's political policies, watching the Opening Ceremonies last night (after releasing my frustration over the delay until 8pm knowing other parts of the world viewed them much earlier than we did here in Southern California) generated excitement for the games to follow over the next 16 days ... and I'm looking forward to watching some of the events. I especially enjoy gymnastics, volleyball, beach volleyball, swimming, cycling, rowing, diving, equestrian, and (of course) tennis.

4. In case you haven't seen this 'doggie lullaby' yet ... check it out to be delighted. Click Bedtime for a guarateed smile ;--)
Small Reflections ... Smile Back
Thought for Today
"Spend the afternoon. You can't take it with you." Annie Dillard

48 comments:

peppylady (Dora) said...

Ms Kitty is sure is dark and looks very laid back.

Stop on in when you get a chance and the coffee is always on.

Texas Travelers said...

Lazy days is right.

Go Andy.


Nice CC today.
Come visit our Geese, Click here.
Troy and Martha

EG CameraGirl said...

Ms. Kitty is dark isn't she? Great Camera Critter post! Good for you learing what Photoshop elements can do. I should take a course instead of just bumbling along. LOL

Joyce said...

Lovely collage of Ms. Kitty, Storyteller. Feline friends can be some of the best. And I shall definitely try to take the quoted advice to spend the afternoon, since I can't take it with me. :)

Sounds like you have an enjoyable afternoon lined up.

Rambling Woods said...

Cute kitty..Happy Weekend. Michelle-
Rambling Woods

Akelamalu said...

That's a great collage of photos. :)

Pat - Arkansas said...

Your cat is beautiful. It's nice that it can lounge outside. My kitties (3) must stay inside; the traffic in my neighborhood is horrible, and many people will not brake for animals. :(

Nice Camera Critters collage.

bobbie said...

Love the Camera Critter collage. There's something about a black cat...

TorAa said...

I'm commenting PH:
Your Cat is beautiful

Juliana RW said...

beautiful cat and black also :D

Mine in here Thanks

ratmammy said...

what a happy kitty!

i beati said...

I love Annie Dillard, tennis and this special cat thanks sandy

Ramblings of a Villas Girl said...

Ms. Kitty is certainly dark and beautiful.

Sarge Charlie said...

Yep, Ms Kitty is dark, have a great weekend

Betty said...

Your cat is so pretty. Thanks for sharing a picture of her with us.

Hope your weekend is going well for you.

Joy Des Jardins said...

Your Ms. Kitty collage is great....she's very sweet. I know how you love your tennis Virginia...so you're a happy camper....have a great weekend! Hugs, Joy

Barb said...

Ms. Kitty is a beauty, Storyteller!

Mom Knows Everything said...

What a gorgeous cat!

Daisy said...

Hi Ms. Kitty! You are pretty.

Misty DawnS said...

Love the collage of Ms. Kitty! My favorite is the pic of her in the chair.

Geraldine said...

Ms Kitty is dark and very lovely!

www.mypoeticpath.wordpress.com

Unknown said...

Ms Kitty looks very busy. Nice shots.

kitten said...

You sure do have a pretty kitty kitty!
I haven't got to watch much of the Olympics today. I'm trying to clean my house. It sure has been very neglected here lately. During breaks I check and read blogs. LOL!
I really love your thought for today! Very wise!

Anonymous said...

The shots of the cat are gorgeous. And the Collage is cool.
As far as the Olympics we have to keep everything out of it except the sport.
Later
Russ

Clara said...

Ms. Kitty is beautiful! Great fit for the theme.

Eve said...

Great photos of ms kitty, I'm deep into the gymnastics already, though there was a nasty accident on the rings for one of the men last night. He seems to be ok.

The Florida Furkids said...

Ms. Kitty is beautiful! We have to nudge our Mom to do Camera Critters too!

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Christy said...

Ms. Kitty doesn't look all that lazy in these picks, I'd say she was more curious. Very cute pics.

Momisodes said...

What a wonderful collage! Methinks Ms Kitty and Andy's black shirt both fit in well with the Photo hunts dark theme :)

Hope you're having a lovely weekend.

Carletta said...

Wonderful collage!
You have certainly captured the essence of being a cat.

I'm loving the Olympics. I see we have many of the same interests.

Tink *~*~* said...

Cute kitty - so sleek and elegant.

Tink *~*~*
My Mobile Adventures *~*~*

DrowseyMonkey-Photos said...

What a beautiful cat! Such a shiney coat. :)

Hootin Anni said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, your dark kitty is just so beautiful!!!

Love your tennis collage...you did a super fantastic job too.

I'm behind in my Photo Hunt visiting, yesterday just got away from me and I didn't get a chance to get back online to do any blog hopping.

Hope your day treats you well storyteller.

Roan said...

Today is the day for cats. Ms Kitty sure is a beautiful black cat. Love the contrast with the green. She does look like like a sweetie.

Teena in Toronto said...

What a cute kitty!

I played too :)

philos said...

Gorgeous cat! She is dark as night... love it! :)

Gretchen said...

What a sweet cat. :)

Aisha said...

I love black cats. Great post for PH and camera critters :D

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) said...

It is HARD to photograph a black animal. You did a nice job!

Anonymous said...

A cat's Life is just awesome :)!

Lapa37 said...

That sure is one beautiful cat I love her darkness and beautiful eyes.

Karen said...

Yaay for Ms. Kitty! She is such a beautiful cat--and it looks like she's living a good life!

Sarah said...

Aw... Ms. Kitty reminds me of my childhood black cat, Pepper. Adorable kitty. :)

http://ssphotohunt.blogspot.com/

storyteller said...

To everyone – I apologize for taking more than a week to respond to your wonderful comments on my ‘black’ theme Photo Hunt/Camera Critters/Smiley Saturday post. How fun it was to revisit this post (in which I multi-tasked like this) and savor your reactions!!! I've been (admittedly) obsessed with (and distracted by) the Olympics ... yet I appreciate each of you taking time to visit and share your thoughts about my collages of Ms. Kitty and Andy Roddick’s tennis match. I enjoyed seeing all the various interpretations of this prompt when I visited your blogs … and I hope you’ve all had a wonderful week (plus a few days) since then.
Hugs and blessings,

Tina Coruth said...

Storyteller,

Your photos are always excellent! Thank you for sharing them!

hugs,
Tina

storyteller said...

Tina – I’m delighted to know you enjoy the photos. I’ve enjoyed using my Photoshop skills to create such collages. Thanks for the visit.
Hugs and blessings,

YTSL said...

What a mysterious looking kitty... :)

storyteller said...

YTSL – I guess ‘black cats’ do have an air of ‘mystery’ about them … especially around Halloween. Thanks for dropping by and sharing your comment.
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails