Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Whimsical Wednesday and more Olympic Musings

Make Time for Small Reflections
Does this surprise anyone???

You Are Tennis

You are highly competitive and driven. This was true of me once upon a time ... but not so much any more.

You're in it to win, and you will keep going until you do. Perhaps so ... but I define 'winning' differently than I once did.

You crave fame, success, and the envy of others. Hmmm ... not really, but I do still LOVE the game of tennis!!!

If you decided to play along, I hope you'll leave your results in comments ... or if you decide to post on your blog, leave me a link here so I can check them out.
I'm exhausted, but
still staying up late to watch ...
grateful I'm retired.

After 'catching up'
recently, it seems that I'm
behind once again.

I appreciate
all who visit and comment.
Responding has been

more of a challenge
but my intentions remain
as they've always been.

Shawn and Nastia ...
1 and 2 again. This time
Johnson wins the Gold

on the Balance Beam!
Jonathon Horton takes the
Silver on High Bar ...

Collage created with images found on the Internet this morning.

In Beach Volleyball
Misty May and Kerry Walsh
play for 'Gold' against

the Chinese team of
Tian Jia and Wang today ...
I'll watch this for sure!

Likewise Todd and Phil
play for Gold on Thursday a-
gainst the Brazilians.

Can USA sweep???
Small Reflections ... Smile Back
Thought for Today
"Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally." David Frost

10 comments:

Joyce said...

That's so neat that You Are Tennis! So appropriate. :)

ChrisB said...

surprise surprise I came out the same as you-tennis!

maryt/theteach said...

storyteller, the Olympics are so interesting and time-consuming I certainly understand... Glad you stopped by and commented though. Yes isn't Ruby Tuesday doing well? I'm really happy! :)

Joyce said...

Your header photo is lovely, Storyteller.

P.S. - I upgraded to the current version of Wordpress over at my blog. I hope you will be able to comment now. :)

Jo, a retired teacher said...

With so many Olympic events to choose from, there weren't enough questions to really tell anything about one's personality. I suspect a lot of us would come out as tennis. I did too.

I need advice on how to enter pictures on my blog as well as you and others do. Sometimes blogger seems to run forever without doing anything--it's very frustrating. Any advice or tips? Thanks, Jo

Eve said...

I am Gymnastics. Read it here: http://adamswife.wordpress.zazzysmilies.com/?p=557

Hootin Anni said...

I did this quiz a few days ago, but never posted about it. I didn't like my olympic path. LOL

I got 'boxing'.
Oh my oh my.

Have a terrific day dear storyteller.

storyteller said...

Joyce – Yez … that result DID seem perfect somehow. Thanks for the return visit with feedback on my new header. I’m pleased with the way it turned out but frustrated about how the html coding messes it up on the right side. I appreciate your efforts to fix the commenting ‘glitch’ at your blog and am sure it’ll sort itself out eventually. You’ll still hear from me since I have your email address ;--)


ChrisB – Imagine that! I’m glad you decided to share at YOUR blog too. Thanks again for the linky-love there.

Mary, the teach – I do enjoy visiting the Ruby Tuesday posts and think your new award with Happy Feet is very ‘kewl’ … As for the Olympics … watching is interesting and time consuming for sure! I skipped T-13 today in hopes of being able to do some catching up … am making progress … hoping to get my email box cleared out and responses posted to all the comments from the past few days. So far, so good ;--)

Jo – I agree that often these Blogthing questions leave lots to be desired. That said … I’ve seen folks on other blogs get all sorts of sports as results … from gymnastics to fencing and boxing. I left a comment on your blog in response to ‘advice’ about sharing photos. Sometimes Blogger takes forever for ME as well but I’ve learned to stop when it messes up and try again later instead of sitting there when it’s acting up because it’s usually a sign that they’re making modifications of some sort when the problems occur.

Eve – Thanks for leaving the link. As you know, I’ve already discovered your post via my ‘reader’ and left a comment on your blog.

Hootin’ Anni – I do that sometimes myself when I think the results are way off and/or when I’ve got other ideas for posts. The Blogthing I shared today (Thursday) is one that’s been sitting in drafts for a couple of weeks or so and it certainly came in handy this morning when I decided to skip T-13 in favor of playing a little ‘catch-up’ today.

To all – Thanks so much for visiting, playing along, and sharing your results & thoughts. I hope you’re each having a wonderful week. Next time you drop by, let me know what you think of my new 'header' ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

NicciN said...

That is so great that you are tennis. How perfect. It said I was gymnastics.

You are agile, expressive, and precise.
You have the drive to practice until you get something perfectly right.
And you have the confidence to perform difficult moves when under pressure.

storyteller said...

Yertle – I thought the ‘tennis’ result was ‘fitting’ on this one. Thanks for playing along and sharing your results here too. They seem to ‘resonate’ with what I know of you from your blog.
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails