Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Friday, August 29, 2008

Haiku Friday #69 - Mid-Morning Musings ...

Make Time for Small Reflections
Watching tennis ... I'm
tired ... moving slower than
usual, and yet

I've created two
Haiku Friday logos and
published my Sky Watch

'California Clouds'
at Sacred Ruminations
with some Haiku verse ...
~ ~ ~
Ivanovic lost
her 2nd round match against
a qualifier

first time ever that
'number one seed' lost before
the 3rd round in the

US Open in
New York City ... I'm
watching Jankovic

battling against
Zheng Jie in a 2nd set.
Each struggled to hold

serve in today's match.
Pressure ... forced a few mistakes
for both women ... yet

each 'competed' well
on 'important points' to stay
'alive' ... and that does

reminds me of how
last night's 'qualifier' who
played against Nadal

(after a slow start)
showed some brilliant tennis for
a few games in the

3rd set of that match
enjoying 'his brief moment'
in the 'spotlight' there.
~ ~ ~
Seventeen minutes
eleven 'deuces' before
5th 'match point' for the

Serbian woman
2 hours and 10 minutes
for this 2 set match.
~ ~ ~
Next up Federer's
2nd round match against a
Thiago Alves ...

some one I have not
heard of ever ... seems like the
'qualifiers' have

done amazingly
well in the early 'rounds' this
year ... taking out 'seeds.'

Virtual 'unknowns' ...
unexpected players on
'show courts' changing the

expectations for
those remaining in the draw
and viewers like me.
~ ~ ~
Davydenko just
won against Calleri in
straight sets so he is

through to the next round
along with James Blake who will
play against Mardy

Fish (reaching the 3rd
round for the first time in nine
attempts up 'til now).

Maybe I will stop
here and publish these 'musings' ...
It is almost noon!
~ ~ ~
Click for Sky Watch #9 and Haiku Friday #68 at Sacred Ruminations
'California Clouds'

Small Reflections ... Smile Back
For others participating in Haiku Friday this week go to A Mommy Story. Jennifer is no longer hosting Haiku Friday at 'Playgroups.' (To see my previous Haikus, click on the Haiku Friday label below this post or in the sidebar under About Me where you'll find a 'directory' of my Haikus on both blogs).

Thought for Today
"It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to." W.C. Fields

7 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

I LOVE your new Haiku logo!! That is beautiful...so serene looking and gorgeous colors!!

Have a super Friday evening. I'm running a little behind in my visiting this afternoon since I've been scrubbing and cleaning all day. It's done...now I'm gonna crash in front of the TV a while. :o)

Joyce said...

Your Haiku Friday logo is lovely, Storyteller. :)

I didn't participate this week. Today was SUCH a busy day. I do hope to get back in the swing of things, though, as Haiku Friday is a lot of fun. :)

Princess said...

That's an awesome Haiku logo. Was that also a product of your photoshop lessons? I'm envious.
Like your Haiku. Makes me feel like I'm watching the tennis match myself.
A great weekend to you.

Tina Coruth said...

Storyteller,

Your new haiku logo is beautiful!!!

hugs,
Tina

storyteller said...

Hootin’ Anni – Thanks … I hope to create more things like this as time permits now that I’ve learned how. It’s fun to have ‘unique’ logos on my blogs like YOU do. Cleaning is something I need to spend time on … but methinks it will need to wait until after the US Open for sure.

Joyce – I appreciate you saying so. I participated but didn’t do much visiting … so I missed out on most of the fun of the meme. I can only imagine how busy things are for you with school starting and kids at home still.

Princess – Thanks … and yez it is. I’m glad you enjoyed my ‘tennis Haiku’ … the matches have been great fun to watch with lots of exciting, unexpected twists, turns, and results. It’s great that we’ve got so many American men and women ‘still alive’ as we enter the round of 16 tomorrow … though I was sad to see Lindsey Davenport lose last night against Bartoly.

Tina Coruth – I’m delighted you think so.

To all – I grateful you all decided to drop by and share your thoughts here. Methinks a lot of bloggers must have left town for the long weekend … or are even busier than I am currently. It’s nice to know I’m not the only one out here blogging ;--)
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs and blessings,

Unknown said...

I love your new logo! It caught my eye immediately! Now I need to run over to your skywatch. :)

storyteller said...

Lisa – Thanks … now that I know how to DO these things, I’ve decided to make and use my own (like you do for Fun Monday). I made one at Sky Watch too … and a special one for Fun Monday LAST week. Next I plan to make some awards to share. Thanks for dropping by.
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails