Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Camera Critters #23 ... UM#21... and more

Make Time for Small Reflections
Scroll down for Unconscious Mutterings ...
and Weekend Whimsies along with
some TENNIS updates & info.
This is my 23rdMisty Dawn started the meme and explains the rules here:
Introductory Information
I tried to upload this a couple of weeks ago w/o success,
but it looks like Blogger's cooperating today ...
so I present this brief video I call
Ms. Kitty can drive Molly nutz ...

Click for others participating in Camera Critters this week.

I'm participating for the 20th time today.
How about you?

What comes to YOUR mind?

If you'd like to play here, copy and paste the clues in comments along with your responses ... or post on your blog and let me know so I can visit ;--)

Here are MY responses: I say ... and you think ... ?
  1. Groceries :: Trader Joes and Whole Foods ... (formerly known as Wild Oats)
  2. Deodorant :: Arm and Hammer unscented
  3. Psychic :: Extra Sensory Perception
  4. Cherries :: Bing
  5. Spooky :: uncomfortably strange or weird
  6. Yogurt :: Yoplait and Activa
  7. Kitchen :: appliances (is what my fingers typed ... though SINK came to mind first)
  8. Nothing personal :: what some people say after they've made a 'personal jab' at someone else
  9. Be nice :: what I was raised to be
  10. Delivery :: Special

Your turn: I say ... and you think ... ?

  1. Groceries ::
  2. Deodorant ::
  3. Psychic ::
  4. Cherries ::
  5. Spooky ::
  6. Yogurt ::
  7. Kitchen ::
  8. Nothing personal ::
  9. Be nice ::
  10. Delivery ::
Click for others 'muttering' today.
This is my 2nd

I found this meme at Yertle's (of Smile, Play, Dream) a few weeks ago, and decided to play for the first time last week. It seems that Kat at Sunshine and Lemonade started the ball rolling when she decided to change Friday Follies (a meme I'd never seen previously) to a 'weekend' activity. I didn't SEE a 'logo' ... so I created a 'whimsical' one of my own ... just because. I played for the 1st time on the 2nd week of this meme's existence and invite YOU to play along if you choose either below in comments or on your own blog ... leaving a link here so I can read your responses too.

Are you a pack-rat or a purger? Sigh ... I'm a 'recovering' pack-rat ... trying to 'declutter & simplify' my surroundings ... making progress ... S L O W L Y.

Life of the party or wallflower? Neither actually ...

How much sleep do you get each night? How much do you need to feel rested? Once upon a time I needed 8-9 hours of sleep to feel rested, but since I've retired I need less ... more like 7-8 hours per night.

What is your comfort food? I'm not sure I have just one ... but 'crunchy' snacks take precedence over sweets as a general rule.

Are you early, late, or on time? I'm usually early.

When you need to talk with someone do you do it by phone or by email? Definitely by phone ... often to arrange to actually MEET somewhere to do something together if possible.

Who's your favorite talk show host? Once upon a time it was Phil Donohue ... later Oprah, though it took a while for me to 'warm up' to her initially. These days I don't watch much TV and have no favorite 'talk show' ... though I occasionally catch 'The View' while working out at the gym.

What is your favorite place to take out of town guests? Um ... out of town what???

What is the worst movie you've ever seen? The War of the Roses ... I actually walked out of the theater in disgust.

Have you ever had jury duty? Were you picked for a trial? I've had Jury Duty MANY times ... and yez ... I've served on several jury trials.

Click for others participating in Weekend Whimsies.

The TENNIS has been EXCITING this year
at the US Open Championships
If you've not watched tennis recently (and you've got some time on your hands this weekend), I encourage you to check out the daytime 'tennis' coverage on Channel 2 and the evening broadcasts on USA. There are some AMAZING YOUNG players on the men's side of the draw making history this past week, and the American's ... Andy Roddick, Mardy Fish (who took out James Blake last night in a spectacular display of skills), & Sam Querrey ... are into the Round of 16s ... as are Serena and Venus Williams who are playing like the champions we know them to be. It's unfortunate that the sisters are in the same section of the draw and will meet in the Quarters rather than the Finals ... but if they both win their next matches ... that should be a match to remember!

Kei Nishikori (ranked #126 at the age of 18) is the first Japanese man to reach the fourth round of the US Open ... upsetting David Ferrer (#4 in the world) in an exciting 5 setter last night ... 6-4, 6-4, 3-6, 2-6, 7-5. He's the youngest man to get this far in the US Open since Marat Safin did it in 1998 and the youngest man to beat one of the top four 'seeded' players in this 'hard-court' New York Championship Tournament since Bjorn Born (at the age of 17) upset Arthur Ashe (#3 seed) in 1973.

Three more 5-set men's matches riveted crowds yesterday:
Juan Martin Del Potro of Argentina (#17 seed) edged out Gilles Simon of France (#16 seed) ... 6-4, 7-6, 6-1, 3-6, 6-3. Andy Murray of Great Britain (#6 seed) squeaked by after losing the first two sets 6-7 and 4-6 to Jurgen Melzer of Austria (unseeded player seeking an upset) ... winning the match 7-6, 6-1, 6-3. Swiss (#10) Stan Wawrinka lost the first two sets to Flavio Cippolla (unseeded Italian) 5-7 and 6-7 but showed his experience by taking the last 3 sets ... 6-4, 6-0, 6-4. In addition, Gael Monfils entertained the crowds and defeated David Nalbandian in straight sets ... 6-3, 6-4, 6-2.

Frenchwoman Julie Coin (ranked 188th in the world) who surprised everyone with her upset of #1 seeded Ana Ivanovic couldn't repeat the deed with Amelie Mauresmo who seems finally to be playing like the champion she's proven herself to be in previous tournaments.

In today's schedule on Center Court (also known as Arthur Ashe) ... Jelena Jankovic of Serbia (#2 seed) is playing Caroline Wozniacki of Denmark (#21 seed). Following that match, Roger Federer takes on Radek Stepanek and later ... Andy Roddick will play Andreas Seppi. Tonight Elena Dementieva takes on Na Li and Serbian #3 Novak Djokovic plays #30 Marin Cilic of Croatia.

On Armstrong, Davydenko takes on Tursunov, Bammer plays Bartoli, Robredo plays Tsonga, and Nieminen battles Gonzalez. At the Grandstand the following matches are scheduled: Almagro vs. Muller, Verdasco vs. Andreev, Schnyder vs. Srebotnik, followed by the 3rd round 'doubles' match with 'Junior's matches' taking place on outer courts.

Monday's schedule features the other half of the draw ... and will include Rafa Nadal vs. Sam Querrey, Mardy Fish vs. Gael Monfils, Kei Nishikori vs. Juan Martin Del Potro, and Stan Wawrinka vs. Andy Murray. The Williams sisters have matches on Monday too against player, but I don't recall who they're playing at the moment. Perhaps I'll check later ... but it's 8am in So Cal and the first matches are in progress ... so I'll publish this and be watching TENNIS.
Small Reflections ... Smile Back!
Thought for Today
"Lots of people talk to animals. ... Not very many listen, though. ... That's the problem." Benjamin Hoff, the Tao of Pooh

22 comments:

Mike Golch said...

Great post.

Norm said...

excellent post! very wonderful..

ratmammy said...

poor doggie! looks like he's very frustrated....

Clara said...

I stopped by to see your mutterings and found so much! Loved your post. I think I'll check out the whimsy.

kitten said...

Very cute clip. You have a beautiful pup!
Groceries :: Never ending chore!
Deodorant :: mitchum
Psychic :: mmmmm
Cherries :: pies
Spooky :: when I 1st wake
Yogurt :: YUMMY
Kitchen :: My get away place
Nothing personal :: When I'm correcting someone. (polite criticism)
Be nice :: the way I was raised, raise my kids and try to be everyday.
Delivery :: Netflix
Very wonderful post.
Mine isn't that happy Cherri today, but I will have a special tomorrow.

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Thanks for doing the whimsies. I had no idea I was creating a meme. But it's fun to come up with the questions - and I love reading about what everyone does.

storyteller said...

Mike Golch – Thanks ;--)

Norm – I’m glad you enjoyed all my various multi-tasking today. Sometimes I get carried away like this.

Ratmammy – Molly DOES get frustrated when Ms Kitty hangs out on the fence like that … but Ms Kitty was here long before Molly … so some ‘adjustments’ need to be made on BOTH sides.

Clara – I’m delighted you enjoyed my varied post … and if you participate in ‘Weekend Whimsies’ be sure to let me know so I can visit.

Kitten – Molly is definitely a QT … and sweet too. Thanks for ‘muttering along’ here in comments today. I have friends who love Netflix and probably would have responded similarly to ‘delivery’ … but it didn’t occure to me. Sorry you’re not having a happy day today … and I’ll look forward to your ‘special’ tomorrow.

To all – I appreciate each of you taking time out of your Sunday to visit Small Reflections. I’m doing some blog visits as I watch ‘tennis’ … but I’m definitely ‘distracted’ today.
Hugs and blessings,

AppleDebbie said...

Loved the video. Our kitty thinks it's great fun to taunt Trooper like that. Trooper knows that the bedroom is off limits to him so the kitty will stretch out just inside of the bedroom doorway and tease him unmercifully. Believe me, Trooper can definitely sympathize with poor Molly!

storyteller said...

Kat – Hmmm … you must have left your comment as I was leaving my response to the first few visitors because I notice it here above mine. I discovered your ‘Weekend Whimsies’ at Yertle’s a few weeks ago … created the ‘logo’ LAST week posting here at Small Reflections before I realized most folks responded in ‘comments’ at your blog. Having started that tradition here, I decided to continue with it today because I enjoyed your questions. Thanks for dropping by … hope you’re having a delightful day.
Hugs and blessings,

Apple Debbie – Thanks. Isn’t it funny the way our fur-friends behave toward one another. Molly & Ms. Kitty KNOW they’re ‘family’ … but really don’t want much to do with one another … ever. I wish it could be different, but things aren’t likely to change any time soon. I appreciate your visit and hope you’re enjoying your weekend.
Hugs and blessings,

Anonymous said...

Great photo! Thanks for sharing. Pls stop by and check out my critter!
(I have labs that go nutz over squirrels and cats and rabbits and frogs and ....)

Lapa37 said...

Nice post isn't it funny how a cat can tease a dog by just sitting there...lol

Mom Knows Everything said...

Awww that mean kitty tormenting him!!!

Ramblings of a Villas Girl said...

Well Molly sure is vocal. I love it. Ms. Kitty, like a typical cat, is unfazed.

I loved your entire entry. Especially the Thought for today. How true.

Linda said...

As I was listening to your clip my dog, CC started looking around for Molly!! Very cute. Hope your weekend is going great!

Forgetfulone said...

We used to have a cat named Ms. Kitty! She was a tortoiseshell Persian. How is Molly? She's a beautiful dog.

threesidesofcrazy said...

I don't think Miss Kitty means too - poor Molly though!

kitten said...

I have something at my blog for you!!!

Betty said...

I always enjoy the answers to your memes and also your camera critter pictures. You do a good job on your blog.

Have a great week. Stay safe.

Reader Wil said...

Thanks for your visit and kind comment. I like your video! Molly is adorable!!

Anonymous said...

Awwww that is a sweet clip :) Have a great week ahead my friend :)

Misty DawnS said...

That video is too cute! Poor puppy being teased by the cat like that ;-)

storyteller said...

To all – I can’t believe I’ve not responded to the rest of your comments on LAST week’s CC ‘video clip’ with Molly driving Ms. Kitty NUTZ. I appreciate each of you dropping by and sharing your thoughts … and hopefully you’re visiting my CC this weekend too. Last week got away from me early on and I never really caught up, but I’m working on it today.

TwoBarkingDogs – Yup … Molly goes nutz over all sorts of little furry critters … but I think she just wants to play with them, not to hurt them.

Lapa37 – You’d think Molly would realize the top of the fence is ‘the cat’s domain’ and look the other way … but that just doesn’t happen very often.

Tammy – Considering Ms. Kitty feels ‘displaced’ by the ‘big white beast’ … I suppose this is her way of evening up the score.

Ramblings of a Villas Girl – Yez … Molly is vocal … it’s amazing the range and variety of sounds she makes. You’re correct that Ms. Kitty IS unfazed by it all. I’m glad you enjoyed the rest of what I shared too. Since I post only once daily here, multi-tasking is a must.

Linda – Molly does that too when I’m watching video clips. She also watches TV sometimes … seriously. I shared photos of that a while back in another Camera Critters post.

Forgetfulone – I’ve been fascinated to learn how many other Ms. Kitty’s and Molly’s there are out there in the world. Molly’s happier today because the holiday weekend is over so it’s much quieter in the neighborhood.

Tamy – Oh … methinks she might (see the comment I made to Tammy above).

Kitten – Thanks so much! I feel honored to receive this award from you and enjoyed passing it along … though I apologize for not paying more attention to the rulez.

Betty – Thanks so much! Seems like I’ve not seen you around the Blogosphere for a while. I hope all’s well with you and Ed.

Reader Wil – You’re most welcome. I do try to visit as many CC posts over the two day period that time permits each week.

Sue – Thanks … my week was lovely if a bit busier than I would have liked.

Misty Dawn – I’m glad you enjoyed the video. I wish I’d turned down the sound on the TV when I filmed it … and will try to remember to do so in the future.

Thanks again to EVERYBODY for visiting …
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails