Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Friday, August 8, 2008

HF#63 Some times are harder ...

... than others to get my ducks in a row.
Today is one such day.
Photo from the Flicker Collection of Lisa (Lisa's Chaos)

Make Time for Small Reflections

Frequently morning
gets away from me. Although
I arise early,
distractions capture
my attention and posting
late becomes the norm.
Today McAfee's
automatic 'scan' of my
new laptop delayed
my Blogger access
annoyingly ... I waited
most impatiently.
Photos from Cute Overload Press
Click for Haiku Friday #64 & Sky Watch #6
Sunrise on a Cloudy Day
For others participating in Haiku Friday this week, go to A Mommy Story or Playgroups are no Place for Children. Click to see my previous Haikus here at Small Reflections and at Sacred Ruminations, or click the Haiku Friday link in the About Me section of my sidebar for a Directory to all my Haiku Friday posts with clickable links by topic.
~ ~ ~
Choosing to release
earlier frustrations ... I've
shared these 'duckie' views ...

I hope your Friday
is a most 'fantastic' one
filled with blessings and

everyday moments
celebrated ... savored ... shared ...
making memories.
~ ~ ~
Small Reflections ... Smile Back
FYI
Today is 8-8-08 ...
something that happens once every 100 years.
Did you know that '8' is the luckiest number in Chinese culture?
The 2008 Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremonies
are scheduled for 8pm tonight
with good reason!

Michael Phelps is going for is 8th gold medal too ;--)
How 'kewl' is that?
Thought for Today
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." Abraham Lincoln

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great haiku! Love the way you matched verse to the photos.

Anonymous said...

Perfection! Pure perfection!

Ivanhoe said...

Get your duckies lined up, o.k.? :o)
Cannot wait for the games to begin. My fave is the gymnastics. The girls start on Sunday.

Akelamalu said...

Loved the photos, loved the haiku.

I hope today is lucky for me I've bought a Euromillions lottery ticket! :)

Anonymous said...

Aw... beyond adorable!

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

Oh, I love the photos! How awesome is that little family! Great ku!

Mike Golch said...

Storyteller,Great photos.when my Mcafee runs a scan I jjust have to let it do its thing.every thing is slow to open and slow to co-opreate when it does open. si I just scan the paper or look at a little tv.
Hugs and Blessings to you and all of the family.(ducks included QUACK!)
Mike G. said that.

Jim said...

Hey Storyteller, this is wonderful! Thank you for doing this, I enjoyed reading and correlating the photo.
Thank you also for peeking at my pre-storm sunrise.
..
BTW I can't wait a hundred years, but you will still have to wait a year, a month, and a day for 09-09-09. Last year we had 07-07-07 which is the luckiest day in our lifetime!
..

Barb said...

Your duckies are very cute, storyteller! My goosies often delight all my stresses away!

Momisodes said...

Such sweet images and a wonderful Haiku. Hope you're having a lovely Friday too.

Joyce said...

Those are adorable duckling pictures; very cheering. :)

Christy said...

I loved the last picture. Mama Mallard is telling the paparazzi to back off. All picks are so cute. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your comments were so thoughtful and encouraging. Photoshop is an artform all to itself. I don't usually do much to my photos although I am starting to like this watercolor filter. Most of my images are pretty much how they came out of the camera. I do a very small amount of color enhancement and nothing else except for these ones that I have done the watercolor to.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE ducks, in a row or not!! Nicely done. Hope now that your virus scan is done that you can get back on track.

Thanks for all your kind words! You're very encouraging.

I hope you can stop by for Pet Peeve Tuesdays!

Betty said...

First of all, I want to say I really like the way you have your blog. It is really pretty. I've been thinking that every time I visit you. Sorry I'm just now telling you.

What cute ducks. Love the pictures.

Thank you for your concern over Ed. This happened to him at midnight last night. I haven't called his doctor as he has an appointment with him the first of the week. We will tell the doctor at that time.

Thanks again for your concern and for being a good friend.

Have a good weekend.

kitten said...

Lovely view on words and pics!
Love the thought for today! Very good advice that we all need to be reminded of every now and then.

Unknown said...

This is SO weird! That first photo is mine. :) I had no idea it was on cute overload. :)

I love ducks. :)

Unknown said...

See http://flickr.com/photos/lisaschaos/2230338132/ - isn't that funny. :)

Karen said...

What delightful pics! It makes me think of the times when all the cars driving down a street have to stop and patiently wait for a mother and her babies to cross to the other side. Don't you love those moments? When the life/nature makes you stop and appreciate what's before you?

I so enjoy your haikus!

storyteller said...

To everyone - Re-reading this Haiku Friday post (from more than a week ago) and your comments today reminds me how ‘frazzled’ I felt on the 8th of August when I created it … and yet how I managed to pull something together of interest to each of you. Thank you all for visiting and sharing your supportively encouraging reactions and thoughts … adding your perspectives … enhancing the experience for all. Thanks especially to Lisa for letting me know the first photo (found at Cute Overload Press a while back) was hers and for allowing me to leave it here for others to enjoy. I hope you’ve all had a wonderful week and I’m hoping I’ll be able to stay more current with my blogging in the week ahead ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Tina Coruth said...

Delightful! :-)

storyteller said...

Tina – Thanks so much ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails