Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Whimsical Wednesday #2

Make Time for Small Reflections
I'd like to thank Tammy of A Little Girl Talk and Mom Knows Everything for helping me get rid of the 'html' borders messing up my headers on both blogs. Lookie ... no 'excess' lines here or at Sacred Ruminations any more. I'm 'almost wordless' there today ... sharing 'kewl' Photoshopped 'experimentations' with a brief Haiku even though it's not Friday today.

Won't you play along?
Choose one, two, or all three ...

You Are Palatino



You consider yourself to be creative and artistic.
Actually, I don't ... but I'd LIKE to be both.

And you'd like everyone else to know it! Um ... not necessarily.

You take design and aesthetics seriously. Intuitively ... perhaps.

You like everything in your life to be unique and beautiful - but never gaudy! This could be true of me.


I found the next two Blogthings at Kitten's Homeschool recently.

You Are White Tea



You are quite delicate and very sensitive. You are easily overwhelmed. This doesn't sound much like me.

Peace and serenity are important to you. You shy away from intensity of any sort. The first seems fairly accurate, the second ... not so much.

You appreciate a simple quiet moment. You can relax easily without feeling bored. Both of these are definitely true of me.

You take the time to enjoy life. Even when things are busy, you make the time. I do make enjoying life a priority and try to create time for what matters.


As most of my 'regulars' know, I prefer being 'A Nonny Mouse' ... but using 'Wise Old Storyteller' ... I got the following results:

Your Expression Number is 4



Practical and down to earth - everything in your life is organized. Yes on the first ... not so much on the second (though I am working on becoming more organized).

You are a great writer and teacher. You never forget a detail. Don't know about the 'great' part ... but I certainly do write (have done so for a long time) and I spent 34 years teaching in the classroom. As for my memory ... sometimes I remember better than others these days.

Very patient, you have the ability to cultivate talents in difficult fields. I am patient and I do persevere when I'm interested and challenged by new things.

You also tend to have an artistic side. You'd make a great architect or classical musician. I wish this was true of me ;--)

You face your responsibilities with a positive attitude - and you always get things done. This is true ... though sometimes it takes me longer than I'd like.

You are serious, sincere, honest, and faithful. I'd like to think so.

Sometimes your strong sense of responsibility leads to frustration. This was more true of me in the past than it is these days.

You also tend to develop strong likes and dislikes, which border on dogmatism. Not so much ...

At you're worst, you can be a dominant disciplinarian. Once upon a time, perhaps ... but not so any longer. This is one lesson I learned the hard way.

Share results here in comments or on your own blog,
but be sure to leave a link if you do the latter.
Small Reflections ... Smile Back
Thought for Today
"An exaggeration is a truth that has lost its temper." Kahlil Gibran

8 comments:

Grandy said...

I am Black Tea...

You have a bold personality. You're not afraid of simply being yourself.
You have the courage to speak the truth. You are fearless in your actions.

You come off as a bit intimidating and unapproachable. Only confident people are attracted to you.
You don't try to scare off anyone. You're just an intense person!

~ Don't really know about the intimidating and unapproachle part, but definitely intense.

Hey...I fixed my comment thing. Thanks for letting me know. I hadn't realized about the subscribe to comments part because I don't ever have to do that. :)

Mom Knows Everything said...

Awww you thanked me here too! You really made me feel good today! Thank you! :o)

Ivanhoe said...

I did the number quiz. Guess what it came out as? Yup, #4 as well :o)
The first paragraph may be close, second not so much, but the last, I'm afraid, is very close :o)

Betty said...

I learned alot about you today through your posts. Very interesting answers. I haven't taken the tests yet. I'll try to get back to it after I make hubby's supper.

You amaze me. You must get up at the crack of dawn and go to bed really early in order to get so much accomplished. You are probably really organized, too, which helps I'm sure.

Hope you have a good night.

Joyce said...

Hi, Storyteller,
I am also white tea, and I am a plain font that has something to do with geekiness or nerdiness (I forget, because I continued on to do the instant IQ test, which was a BIG TIME WASTER - one of those never ending "please consider these valuable offers" tricks before they FINALLY give you your score. I feel so silly.).

Talk to you later!

storyteller said...

Grandy – Thanks for dropping by and playing along … you’re definitely NOT intimidating or unapproachable to me … and methinks ‘intense’ is a good thing. You’re welcome … and thanks for letting me know. I’ll check it out later and maybe I’ll finally make the same modification here ;--)

Tammy – Well, I’m most grateful for your assistance and figured a bit of ‘linky-love’ was in order … just because. I’m delighted it lifted YOUR spirits too.

Ivanhoe – Isn’t it funny how ‘right on’ …(and how ‘off’)… these Blogthings can be at times? Thanks for participating and good luck as you return to school. I’ve got class today also.

Betty – I’m glad you enjoyed my ‘whimsicality’ today and I’ll look forward to seeing your results whenever you get around to sharing. I do get up at the crack of dawn … always have. As for organization … that varies from day to day ;--)

Joyce – Hmm … I guess I’m not surprised we have that in common. Actually, I’ve been caught up in a few of those ‘sucker tests’ online from time to time myself. Actually one never DID give me my results and still sends email trying to SELL them to me for $39.99. Sigh … some lessons repeat themselves ad nauseum.

To all – I appreciate your visit and comments on this totally whimsical post as I tried to use Wednesday for ‘catch up’ … something I’m still working on this morning. I do need to get ready for my PSE6 class soon so I won’t be doing any blog visits until later this afternoon when I return home. Hope you have a lovely day.
Hugs and blessings,/i

Tina Coruth said...

Storyteller,

I think the "Great" is correct!!

I decided to go for the number meme:

Your Expression Number is 6

You have an outstanding sense of responsibility, love, and balance.

You are helpful and inclined to comfort those in need.

You have many artistic and creative talents, but you only use them to better others.

You are loving, friendly, and appreciative of others.

You have a depth of understanding that produces much kindness and generosity.

Openness and honesty are apparent in your approach to all relationships.

Sometimes, you can be too demanding of yourself.

At times, you tend to sacrifice yourself for the welfare of others.

At other times, you have trouble distinguishing between helping and interfering.

All of these are true to some extent, but not in the grandiose way they are stated! LOL

This was fun!

hugs,
Tina

storyteller said...

Tina – Thanks for playing along and sharing your results here in comments. I’m glad you enjoyed the quiz. Your point about the ‘grandiosity’ of the wording of many hits the nail on the head. Well put ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails