Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Photo Hunt #18 - Smiley Saturday #17

Make Time for Small Reflections
Scroll down for Smiley Saturday
Another 'Beautiful 'Photo Hunt is at Sacred Ruminations today.
Yesterday's Haiku Friday posts are:
SkyWatch HF - California Clouds
and Mid-Morning Musings
This is my 18th This week's theme is Beautiful
Flowers from my yard ...
PSE collage made with 'filtered' Taos photos
... just for fun!

See an 'unfiltered' collage with similar Taos photos
shared at
Sacred Ruminations last Wednesday.
Click for others participating this week in ... Photo Hunt today.
This is my 17th
I'm smiling today because ...
1. I have TENNIS to watch all weekend long ... the US Open Championship in New York! Last night's match with Lindsey Davenport was a tough one to watch because she just couldn't find her serve and it took her well into the 2nd set to pull things together against Marion Bartoli ... but Andy Roddick played wonderfully against a very challenging Ernests Gulbis of Latvia ... winning in 4 sets ... in a match that ended around 1:30pm this morning. Needless to say, I'm tired today ... but happily watching Venus Williams (currently up a set and 2 breaks against one of the Bondarehko sisters). Rafa Nadal plays next against Viktor Troicki of Serbia. Later Serena Williams plays her 3rd round match against Ai Sugiyama and tonight James Blake and Mardy Fish will compete in the Arthur Ashe stadium under the lights. Ah ... Venus just won 6-2, 6-1 in 56 minutes. She'll play Radwanska on Monday. American Sam Querrey is 'playing beautifully ... up 2 sets (7-6, 7-6) against Ivo Karlovic, so he might move on to the Round of 16 for the 1st time ever in a 'major' ... (where he'd play either Rafa Nadal or Viktor Troicki) ... if he can hold things together. 11:30am addendum --- Hooray for Sam Querrey who just took the 3rd set against Karlovic, 6-2 ... so he's made his first 'round of 16' ever in a 'major' at the age of 20 after winning his 1st Pro Title in Las Vegas earlier this year and representing the USA at the Beijing Olympics too.

2. I've had great fun 'playing' with Photoshop filters this past week (after beginning my Advanced PSE6 class) and experimenting with 'enhancement features' as I create more collages with Photoshop ... like my T-13 here last week. It's all quite nifty and the possibilities seem unlimited.

3. I laughed myself silly earlier this week reading Chris B's Witty Wednesday post at Ms Cellania. If need a chuckle or two, you might want to check it out as time permits.

Click for others participating in Smiley Saturday this week.
I hope you each have a wonderful holiday weekend!
Small Reflections ... Smile Back
Thought for Today
"Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not." Ralph Waldo Emerson

9 comments:

Tina Coruth said...

Storyteller,

I love your collages! The flowers are beautiful and the filtered photos are fun. You did a great job. I hope you have a great weekend!

Again, thank you for visiting my skywatch. I love yours!

hugs,
Tina

Amanda said...

Great collages, both showcasing beauty.

Have a great weekend!
Amanda

http://www.amandasweeklyzen.com/2008/08/photohunters-beauty.html

Akelamalu said...

Both those collages are lovely!

Hootin Anni said...

I most certainly LOVE the top collage...those flowers are definitely beautiful!!!!

Unknown said...

I love the brightness of the flowers! I think I needed a does of that this morning. :)

Joyce said...

Good Morning, Storyteller. Your flowers are indeed beautiful. I can just imagine the heady scent of the roses brought out by summer's warmth.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

storyteller said...

Tina Coruth – You’re certainly welcome … and thanks for the return visit here. I’m delighted you enjoyed my collages. They were fun to create.

Amanda – I appreciate your feedback here and the link back to YOUR interesting ‘take’ on this week’s prompt.

Akelamalu – Thanks … the ‘contrasting’ views of ‘beauty’ between the two interested me.

Hootin’ Anni – I’m so fortunate with the weather here in So Cal … making it easy for me to grow such lovely flowers with minimal effort on my part. I do so enjoy my colorful yard and it’s fun to share here too.

Lisa’s Chaos – I’m happy to provide you with a dose of beautifully colorful flowers this morning.

Joyce – These roses are quite fragrant … and we’re having lovey (if mild) weather for our long holiday weekend.

To all – Thanks so much for dropping by Small Reflections and sharing your thoughts. I suspect many ‘bloggers’ are away from their computers for this long holiday weekend in the USA … but I’m happily at home … watching tennis while creating a LENGTHY new post today … just because.
Hugs and blessings,

tnchick ♥ said...

I love the flowers with purple, most... all of them are beautiful tho...

BTW, thanks for the birthday wishes!

storyteller said...

TNChick – Sorry to be so slow in responding … I’ve just come upon this comment today. You’re more than welcome for the birthday wishes. Hope it was a happy one. I appreciate your visit to Small Reflections and am glad you enjoyed my ‘beautiful’ flowers. I’ve got STRING posted today.
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails