Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Camera Critters #19 & Smiley Saturday #14

Make Time for Small Reflections
Scroll down for Smiley Saturday
Photo Hunt is at Sacred Ruminations

This is my 19thMisty Dawn started the meme and explains the rules here:
Tug of War

In Sassy's younger days,
she & Molly loved to play together.
The video is only 23 seconds long, but is fun to watch ;--)
Click for others participating in Camera Critters this week.

~ ~ ~
I'm smiling today because ...

1. Blogger cooperated allowing me to upload a brief video of my own yesterday for Sky Watch and this morning for Camera Critters.

2. I spent a pleasant afternoon with two friends in the real world yesterday and managed to run my errands on the way home (picking up 12 gallons of water at my local water store, coffee beans at Starbucks, and groceries at Trader Joes) so I won't need to leave home today and battle weekend crowds.

3. Using my new laptop to 'blog' from my front patio has been working wonderfully well. I can enjoy the fresh air, flowers, and sunrise as I've done for years when writing with my pencil in my journals instead of sitting inside plugged in.


4. I've purchased a new cell phone finally and Verizon transferred the data from my old one successfully. The biggest difference is in the smaller size, significantly lighter weight, and nifty 'red' color ... and my new one has a camera my old one

didn't. I did need to download new ringtones and reassign the speed dial numbers, but it's been a fairly simple change to manage because they're both LGs and work basically the same way with only minor changes.

I resisted this change for longer than I should have, but I really did like my old phone and the way I had it set up with different ringtones for different family members and friends so I could tell who it was before picking up the call ... and hate buying all the necessary 'accessories' (chargers for home and car, etc.) Interestingly, by purchasing the phone at Costco and agreeing to change to a new cell number, I received a case, hands-free ear cord, and two chargers free ... paid just $10 for the phone (because I wanted the red one) ... they reimburse me for the $35 'activation fee' and my plan remains the same. Seemed worthwhile to me even though I didn't really want a camera in my cellphone.

5. There's mens and womens TENNIS matches to watch today and tomorrow as the tournaments in Cincinnati and Montreal wrap up. I've got yesterday's match between Nadal and Lapentti recorded and plan to watch it this morning. If Rafa won, it looks like he may become #1 in the world very soon.
With that in mind,
methinks I'll stop here and

wish you a wonderful weekend.
Click for others participating in Smiley Saturday this week.
Small Reflections ... Smile Back
Thought for Today
"Attitudes are contagious. Are yours worth catching?"
Dennis and Wendy Mannering

25 comments:

Kahshe Cottager said...

Cute video ... loved the tugging and the accompanying sound effects! Funny how dogs make these growling noises when they play - scaring those who don't know the play noises from fighting noises!

Have a wonderful weekend!
My Camera Critters Here and Here

Mike Golch said...

pr that you are having a great weekend, Hugs and God's Blessings and Love.Mike G.said that.(it's an A.A. thing)

ratmammy said...

awww, they are having so much fun!

Teena in Toronto said...

They are having so much fun!

I played too :)

Gretchen said...

Too fun! I miss having two dogs to play like that.

Misty DawnS said...

Adorable video - my dogs love to play tug of war too.

bobbie said...

Enjoyed the tug-o-war video very much.

Anonymous said...

Fun to watch - they're having a great time. I enjoyed your wonderful video - thanks for sharing.

Lapa37 said...

Sounds and looks like it was a fun game of tug of war.

Ramblings of a Villas Girl said...

Hi! I enjoyed the tug-of-war video very much. Watching dogs play like this always brings a smile and laugh. Lisa

Eve said...

I love my laptop too, for just the same reasons. I bought it out of my writing earnings so it felt "free", The phone looks pretty snazzy to. It's always good when you buy a piece of technology you can actually use.

Anonymous said...

The dogs are wonderful. I am here for smiley sat. I can not have a dog where we live.
My post this week is wife of today-wife of tomorrow.

http://reikihospice.com/unknown/?p=485

Jo, a retired teacher said...

This made me smile because I just upgraded my phone just like yours (LG8100) for the spiffy new red one just like yours.

I took a couple of lovely sunset pictures and put them on the phone as wallpaper. The camera phone can be fun. I've taken pictures of the people who call me and when they call, their pictures come up so it is easy to see who's calling.

I've also used the voice recorder to help me remember little things--like interesting personalized license plates to blog about.

i beati said...

never give in -- splendid purchases ..sk

LingoVise Says... said...

So cool that they're having such a terrific time! Awesome ;)

http://zoliofrope.blogspot.com/

Princess said...

Cute tug-o-war video. I also got a new laptop and it helps me save so much time. Getting a nice deal on anything is a smiley moment, I agree. Glad you're the winner both ways.

me ann my camera said...

Sweet video, nice looking dogs!

AppleDebbie said...

Loved the video... your dogs are so cute!

Your old cell phone is exactly the same as my old cell phone. I finally upgraded my phone too. I never thought I would use the camera or video feature but they're actually kind of fun to play with!

Roan said...

Fun video!

threesidesofcrazy said...

What a cute video! Sassy & Molly are salt & pepper just like Gunner & Whiskey who also play tug of war DAILY!!

Jules said...

Tug of war is the best!
And I hate shopping on the weekend too - way too many people.

Pat - Arkansas said...

Loved your video! It's so much fun to see dogs enjoying themselves (which is evident that they were.)

storyteller said...

Kahshe Cottager – I’m glad you enjoyed the video of Sassy and Molly playing. You’re so right about the playful growls. Thanks for leaving the links to yours.

Mike Golch – I did have a great weekend and hope you did too.

Ratmammy – We’re lucky to have neighbors with labs of their own for Molly to play with.

Treena – This is true ;--)

Gretchen – Fortunately only one of the dogs is mine, but Molly has several neighborhood fur-friends with whom to romp!

Misty Dawn – That rubber toy gets lots of use.

Bobbie – I enjoyed sharing it and am delighted you enjoyed watching.

April – Thanks for dropping by. I enjoyed meeting your Charley and was reminded of a ‘Charly’ who lived with me for 16 years. I wrote about him on my other blog here.

Lapa37 – ‘Fetch’ is Molly’s favorite game, but ‘tug of war’ is a close second … especially with another dog.

Ramblings of a Villas Girl
They are pretty entertaining ;--)

Eve (of Life as I Know It) – I’ve not ‘shopped’ for much of anything (other than food) for more than a year … so the money I saved on ‘trivial things’ went to pay for the new ‘technology’ ;--)

Russ – I’m sorry you can’t have pets where you live. Dogs bring lots of warmth and laughter to my life. Thanks for leaving the link to your Smiley Saturday joke. I enjoyed the chuckles.

Jo – Methinks I sent an email response already, but I do enjoy your visit and think it interesting that we have these things in common. Small world, eh?

Sandy (ibeati) – Great advice ;--)

LingoVise – They do enjoy one another immensely.

Princess – I’m glad you enjoyed it. Congrats on your new laptop and thanks for the link back to your Smiley Saturday post with all the birds on the roof.

Me Ann my camera – The white lab is Molly and the black lab is Sassy, a neighbor’s lab.

Apple Debbie – How interesting. Small world, right? I did like my trusty old phone but am getting used to the new one … and have even taken a couple of photos (one of Molly and the other of Ms Kitty).

B. Roan – I’m glad you think so ;--)

Tamy – Yup … the pair of them remind me of ‘salt & pepper’ too … just like Molly & Ms. Kitty do.

Jules – It’s nice to be able to avoid the weekend crowds whenever possible.

Pat (An Arkansas Stamper) – It’s fun to be able to record these play dates with the video function of my video camera and share like this.

To all – I appreciate your visit and comments. It was fun to share the video clip of Molly & Sassy and now that I know how, perhaps I’ll do it again sometime. Hope you’re all having a marvelous Monday.
Hugs and blessings,

Karen said...

Lots of good things are happening! What a cute tug of war--I remember having tug or war fun with the dogs that have passed through my life...I always worry that their teeth will be pull out! LOL!

storyteller said...

Karen – I choose to focus my attention on the good and practice gratitude on a regular basis because I believe what we think about expands in our lives. Of course I face challenges like everyone does, but I do what I can in the face of difficult and pray unceasingly for guidance. As for the effects of tug-of-war on doggy teeth … I try to use soft rubber toys for this purpose and tend to allow Molly to win often when the two of us play. When the dogs play, I hope for the best and trust that they won’t intentionally hurt one another.
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails