Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Wordless Wednesday #1


Walking to the Post Office on December 24th with Molly

to mail my Christmas Cards finally
(just a bit later than I'd hoped)

Returning home I was surprised to see

this full moon in the West above the rooftops

with the bright sun in the East to my back

I captured this sight to share,
(a full moon in daylight).

I've had enough words the past few days reviewing my blogging progress, and thanking my blogging buddies, and deciding to join Blog 365. If you've not had too many words today, read on. If you're a regular, snag (or snarf) yourself a thank you graphic from Molly, Ms. Kitty, and Me (or not) as you choose. I've created a 2nd Wordless Wednesday at my other blog, Sacred Ruminations.

10 comments:

Jientje said...

Yep! I knew you would join 365, I even mentioned it in a post on my blog before you did it!
Sending Christmas cards after Christmas is a blogger's habit I'm afraid! So much to do and only so many hours in a day? Well, you brought it on yourself, don't blame it on Sandy! She dragged ME into this, but I was the one hitting that sign up button you know? Happy New Year! Glad you joined too!

Kat said...

More gorgeous photos! And I love the pics on the side too.
You are blogging for 365 days? Wow! You are ambitious!

storyteller said...

Jientje - Yes, I suppose I did bring it on myself ... though I resisted for a while. As things turned out, I suspect it will be simpler than NaBloPoMo or Holidailies because it's one or the other rather than both my blogs, and there seems to be some leniency about WHAT gets posted. Time will tell. As for my Christmas cards, they weren't LATE (I mailed them BEFORE Christmas ... and, after all, there ARE 12 days of Christmas). People have more leisure time AFTER the holiday than before anyway. LOL

Kathryn - Ambitious or crazy ... no telling which at this point. Actually, I'm “happily retired” and new to blogging (just started in October … am in my 11th week and counting). Thanks for visiting and for the compliments. (blushing) ... I'm wondering if there's a way to find other Wordless Wednesday bloggers. Is there a Blogroll like the one for T-13. I'd like to see more pictures on Wednesdays.
Hugs and blessings,

Mother of Invention said...

Good for you for signing up and good luck too!
Other Wordless Wednesday people are Toraa,(on my sidebar)Writers Cramps (Gattina), and Motivated Motion,(on my sidebar)Here In the Hills.(in recent comments with Gattina)

The Dream said...

I LOVE PALM TREES!!!!
You are a dedicated blogger - write on, my friend!

storyteller said...

MoI – Thanks for the links to other WW folk. I’ll bookmark them when I visit your blog later today and check their WW posts a bit belatedly. I guess this is more a catch or catch can kind of weekly blogging activity unlike T-13 that is more formalized. I’ve enjoyed the photo series on your blog and whenever I happen upon them, but haven’t taken it upon myself to try until now.

Dream – Re: Palm Trees
They’re EVERYWHERE with escaped parrot flocks living in them, flitting from tree to tree … and, of course, the wind litters the ground with palm fronds regularly, but I love them too. LOL

As for being a "dedicated blogger" I'm a newbie with "lotsa" time and a love of learning new things. That makes blogging a "good fit" until something new comes along to capture my attention.

Thanks for visiting and sharing your love ...
Hugs and blessings to you both,

Karen said...

Oh that is so beautiful!

storyteller said...

Karen - Yes, the trick is to stop and really LOOK in the midst of daily life ... and I've been making an effort to remember to use my digital camera more often to capture and share. I'll bet there's beauty all around your house too.
Hugs and blessings,

Marla said...

Happy WW! Thanks for visiting my blog. Hopefully you don't have difficulties visiting it in the futures.

storyteller said...

Marla - Welcome to Small Reflections and my 1st Wordless Wednesday. I appreciate the return visit and am hopeful that today's difficulty was a "Thursday" thing. I'll try on Wednesday next week now that I know you do WW too.
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails