Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Monday, January 14, 2008

Meandering on Monday

ZWANI.com - The place for myspace comments, glitters, graphics, backgrounds and codes


If you took the weekend off from blogging, I didn't ... so you'll find two weekend posts here and here at Small Reflections, and two more at Sacred Ruminations here and here. Feel free to click on one or more and don't forget to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by while I was away today.

I'm off to meet up with my "happily retired" teacher friends who gather for lunch locally on the 2nd Monday of each month to catch up with one another. Sometimes there are 2 or 3 of us ... other times 10 or 12. It all depends on who's in town and what's happening in our lives. We started doing this in 2001 and always enjoy the interaction.

Thanks to Mary for this graphic!

Thought for Today

“Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don’t matter
and those who matter don’t mind”

Dr.Seuss

10 comments:

His Girl Friday said...

Stopping by to say hello!!! :))

Eve said...

Enjoy your day out with friends. Sounds like a nice tradition.

Kayce aka lucy said...

love your words on kindness. i'm here nearly every day in one way or another :-)

Momisodes said...

Oh that's wonderful you all meet up :) I hope you had a lovely time! Love the graphic.

storyteller said...

HGF – Thanks, and “hi” back atcha :-)

Eve – I did enjoy catching up with friends, and it IS a lovely tradition. Yesterday there were 6 of us. I resisted temptation to stretch it out into the afternoon however, and managed to finish my errands as planned.

Lucy – Thank you for sharing. You know how I love the wonderful pieces you’re sharing at Lucy Creates in addition to the pearls of wisdom you offer at Diamonds. What a creative burst you’ve experienced!

Sandy – When I worked as a teacher all those years, I had no time for such things. When we retired, we decided we didn’t want to lose track of one another and settled on this … a plan that’s worked better than any of us imagined at the time.

I hope you all have a delightful day!
Hugs and blessings,

Karen said...

It's good to connect in person--mental hugs are good, but physical ones are even better!

storyteller said...

Karen – I had a great time with my friends Monday catching up. None of them understand my fascination with blogging any more than they “got” my decision to become a Red Hatter a few years back. In truth, they’ve found the time I spent reading and writing in my journal odd over the years too, but accept me just as I am … and that’s pretty special.
Hugs and blessings,

Mother of Invention said...

You have done well in a short time as a blogger!
Aren't retired teacher gatherings fun?! No stress talk...just neat talk about all the wonderful things people are doing! We get togther every month too and when we get our reno done, I'll invite them here for coffee, muffins etc. or maybe even lunch!

Mike Golch said...

Just keep up the great work,love you blogging.Mike golch

storyteller said...

MoI – Thanks! Sometimes I’m surprised when I look back and see what I’ve accomplished in such a short time … then I think I was so ready for this it was inevitable. Yes – getting together with “retired” teacher friends is much more relaxed than meeting up with the ones who are still working. Their stress levels are through the roof and they can’t stop talking about what’s happening at school. They wear us out in less than half an hour. LOL

Mike – How cool is that? Thanks for your energetic support. I don’t have any plans to stop … though I may slow down just a bit on my blog visiting to watch tennis this week and next.

Hugs and blessings to you both,

Related Posts with Thumbnails