Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #10 - Quotes to Consider



Thirteen Quotes to Consider
from my Sidebar at Small Reflections


1. "it takes courage to become who you really are." e e cummings


2. "The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes." Marcel Proust

3. "How you handle the situation IS the situation." Stephen Covey

4. "When you are content to be simply yourself and don't compare or compete, everybody will respect you." Lao-Tzu

5. "The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook." William James

6. "At mid-life more than any other time, we have renewed opportunity to create health by expressing our creativity fully." Dr. Christiane Northrup

7. "It is never too late to be who you might have been." George Eliot

8. "Things are only impossible until they're not." Jean-Luc Picard in Star Trek: The Next Generation

9. "Go forth into the busy world and love it. Interest yourself in its life, mingle kindly with its joys and sorrows." Ralph Waldo Emerson


10. "I've been absolutely terrified every moment of my life and I've never let it keep me from doing a single thing that I wanted to do." Georgia O'Keefe

11. "You are never given a wish without also being given the power to make it true." Richard Bach

12. "Telling stories causes others to remember what they have always known." Anonymous

13. "Character is the bridge between our beliefs and our behavior. Character is the glue of personality, the connective tissue that makes a person whole, integrated, a person of integrity." Joan Konner, journalist

Note:
Thanks for visiting Small Reflections. If you're a regular reader of T-13, a 1st time visitor, or a "lurker" you're invited to pick up a You Make MY Day award here (or from my sidebar) to take back to your own blog to display and pass along to 10 bloggers who make YOUR day. If you choose to do so, I hope you'll link back here and introduce me to your friends as I've done here, here, here, and here. I hope you have a delightful day!

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


View More Thursday Thirteen Participants

Get the Thursday Thirteeen code here!

For easy access, I’ve listed more T-13 links along with the Thursday Thirteen Blogroll to the bottom of my sidebar.


23 comments:

Karen said...

You're my kind of woman, Storyteller--quotes from Marcel Proust, Georgia O'Keefe, AND Jean-Luc Picard all on the same list? Fantastic!

But seriously--you've picked some excellent ones. I'm beginning to think that I need to start a commonplace book (remember them?)--I keep getting these wonderful nuggets from various blogs. I'd like to start compiling them.

suchsimplepleasures said...

those are wonderful quotes...i enjoyed all of them! thanks for sharing!
enjoy your day!

Anonymous said...

You have no idea how much I needed to reads these today. Thank you so much for posting them.

SandyCarlson said...

No. 3 is a keeper for me today.
Thanks for stopping by. God bless.

Anonymous said...

great quotes!

Chelle Y. said...

I love quotes! Thanks for sharing them!

Eve said...

I, too, love quotes. I'm impressed by the diversity of yours. You always make me feel that I've gained something for the day by visiting your blog.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Heya, Storyteller! Happy TT! Thanks for visiting; you know you're welcome at the Meet and Greet any time (just keep an eye for Trevor's hands).

I LOVE those quotes. The one about being scared? That is SO me.

Have a great week, or come back to visit me and the boys sooner!

Momisodes said...

Those were wonderful quotes. My favorite has to be
7. "It is never too late to be who you might have been." George Eliot

A great T-13 as always.....hoping you're on the mend today :)

Sherck said...

You've inspired me to do something similar over on my blog, Thursday Thirteen #1 for me--thank you.

I've had to add a bunch of these to my own collection, though I did my Thursday Thirteen prior to adding any of them.

Anonymous said...

Excellent quotes to share for your Thursday Thirteen! Thanks for the inspiration. Feel free to stop by and visit my TT as well! :)

Norma said...

These are all wonderful. Thanks you for sharing. I particularly enjoyed #10.

My TT is up. http://collectingmythoughts.blogspot.com/2008/01/thursday-thirteen-13-discussion.html

Yolanda said...

I love quotes as you well Know.Thanks for sharing these. Have a wonderful weekend.

Julia Phillips Smith said...

'Telling stories causes others to remember what they have always known.'

That's my favorite one. A lovely T13, Storyteller!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting me! I actually ripped off my meme from one of my friends, and didn't give her credit for it. I've updated the post with a link to her page, where you can see the full thing.

I love your TT - I'm going to print out the quotes and save them for those times I need inspiration - which seems to be often lately!

Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

#7 is very inspirational.

NicciN said...

Thanks for these. #13 is good for me right now.

Mother of Invention said...

I recognize some of these from the zaadz Think Arete person, Brian. Pretty neat, eh?

storyteller said...

Karen,
I do remember commonplace books and used to have my students create them each year. The only things I regret giving away (in the way of teaching materials) when I retired are my "Quote-related" resources. Silly me! Like you, I'm collecting all over again. I'm glad some of these "speak to you. They came right from my sidebar here at Small Reflections where there are many more. One of my previous T-13s listed quotes as well ... so that could give you a start, especially if you copy & paste. LOL

As always you “get” me in so many ways and your comments make me smile … sometimes even laugh aloud … and that’s a good thing! Thank you so much for all your encouragement and support.
Hugs and blessings,

storyteller said...

Thanks to everyone for visiting my T-13 today. I wish I had the time and energy to respond to each of you here individually as usual, but his “flu/cold bug” has sapped my energy. I managed to visit some T-13s yesterday and left comments. I plan to visit more when time and energy permit. I’ve not been doing quite as much blogging as usual, but I will catch up as soon as possible. If I’ve not been to your blog yet, I’ll be there this weekend (if not before). Thanks for bearing with me. I do appreciate you letting me know that you enjoyed the quotes and which ones “spoke” to you today.
Hugs and blessings,

Tink said...

I love quotes, great list! My favourite has to be Picard's though!
Thanks for visiting my fridge TT.

Tink said...

P.S. I hope you feel better!

storyteller said...

Tink – I like that one too … in fact I used to use it at the end of all my emails for a couple of years & just removed it recently to add my blog URLs instead. Gratefully I am feeling much better today. Thanks for visiting & happy belated T-13!
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails