Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Friday, January 4, 2008

Haiku Friday - Volume 1


Sandy's Chain Email Meme in Poetry

Easily I'm bored.
Never one to follow rules,
I make up my own.

1. How long have you been blogging?

Posting twice a day
I started late October,
Learning as I go.

Playing all the time.
Eleven weeks next Monday
Happy, yes I am!

2. What inspired you to start a blog
and who are your mentors?

Writing all my life
generating poetry
Seldom did I share.

Kara showed me how
sending links to start me off.
Now I'm on my own.

Others out there help.
Smiler, Melissa too,
HTML code.


3. Are you trying to earn money online,
or do you blog just for fun?

Cash is not my goal.
Learning motivates enough.
Doing as I choose.

Karen blogs now too.
We met in New Mexico,
Taos Writers Spa.

Grandy, Mama Zen,
Peajay, Joy, and Talking Bear
His Girl Friday, Eve,

MPJ, the Dream,
Mother of Invention too
Keep me on my game.

NaBloPoMo done
Sandy, Blog 365
Says we will have fun!


4. What 3 things do you love about being online?

Learning how to put
pictures in my sidebar and
posts is very cool.

When I cannot sleep,
logging on connects me to
interesting things.

Making online friends
while my sister's on the road
traveling two years.

5. What 3 things do you struggle with?

Spending too much time.
Friends are missing company.
Molly wants to play.

I obsess too much
Doing things compulsively
Why can't I relax?

Balancing my blogs
Deciding which to write first
Running out of time.


Now who shall I tag?
Anyone who wants to play.
I shall not decide.

Haiku Friday Volume 2 is at Sacred Ruminations



16 comments:

Kara said...

Too clever. You came up with so many. And who knew the HTML code is perfect for haiku!

Kayce aka lucy said...

love this playful post! so much content in so few words. wonderful!!!

Momisodes said...

That was the best haiku I read all day! whew...you clever, clever thang :)

Loved it! Thanks so much for playing. I really enjoyed it....BTW, I have no idea how you keep up with 2 blogs!

storyteller said...

Ah shucks (blushing) ... thanks (taking a humble bow and bursting with pride and gratitude)!

Kara - until today, I certainly didn't.

Lucy - I'm following the lead of you and others ... exploring possibilities freely finally (laughing as I go).

Sancy - As for keeping up, it helps to be happily retired ... with no toddler to distract me. You seem pretty busy yourself!

Hugs and blessings to all,

Mother of Invention said...

I'd say you've caught the Blog fever big time and so enjot it. The obsession may wear off a little after a year and if you find you're neglecting too many "real life" things. I spend far too much time on blogging so I struggle with really cutting back. I am slow at doing everything in life so I can't fit it all in as well as others.

Excellent haikus!
Hope it has added a lot to your life!

Joy Des Jardins said...

Loved this Haiku post
Covered everything
You continue to amaze
~Joy

Maude Lynn said...

What a clever and original idea!

Eve said...

How very creative of you! Even in high school when we studied haiku I never really got into it. Seemed like a lot of girls really took it into their lives. I enjoyed yours. Maybe I'll try it again someday.

NicciN said...

Wow, this is awesome! I love how you combined the meme with the haiku.

storyteller said...

MoI – Yup … methinks I’m sick BIG TIME with Blog fever, but I must confess I’m having lots of fun. I’d never have time to do this if I wasn’t retired … and I suspect I will need to put some limits on the time I spend here and elsewhere in the virtual world, but for now … all’s well. In fact, it’s all delightful.

Joy – Hehehehhe … I love your playful spirit! I commented in Haiku today at "Lucy Creates" because I couldn’t resist, but it DOES tax my brain.

Mama Zen – Such high praise from a "master" (or should I say mistress? Uh ... no!) Anyway ... thanks :)

Eve – I don’t think I got into it in High School either, but yesterday my thoughts just fell into the three line frame of syllables ... 5-7-5. I hope you will try it because it’s FUN! I found the source of this activity this morning and will add the link to the Haiku logo in a little while. Then you can click on it and find instructions along with links to others who play along.

Yertle – I’m glad you found it so. I’ve never been one to take the easy road because I like challenges … especially those I set for myself.

Since everyone seems to enjoy this one as much as me, I suspect I’ll make this a regular activity for Fridays on my blogs. Maybe some of you will play along too?
Hugs and blessings,

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

Oh, I love it! I may play, but could I do it without just being derivative now?

storyteller said...

As with most play, the more the merrier ... so do join in. The meme/Haiku hybrid post could spread like wildfire in this virtual world if you decide to do it and tag others too. So far, I’ve had no takers on the challenge. As I type this, I seem to recall reading Haiku on your blog a while back ... and me giving it a go in my comment but missing the mark by a syllable. Although sorely tempted, I resisted temptation to correct it and just let it be. LOL
Hugs and blessings,

Karen said...

This is so much fun! You are VERY imaginative!

storyteller said...

Karen - I'm glad you think so. I just left you a comment at Sacred Ruminations thinking it was here. I must be losing it ... trying to do too much. (I'm breathing here to relax as I so often remind you to do) Such is life. We all know I'm not perfect and never will be ... (humming as I press publish)
Hugs and blessings,

Anonymous said...

Wow! A meme and haiku in one! Welcome!

storyteller said...

Jennifer - Thanks for the visit and the welcome to Haiku Friday. I'm looking forward to making in a regular on both my blogs just as I did last week.
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails