Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Monday, January 28, 2008

Monday's Momentum - A Quick Update

My 101 Things About Me Post is up to 60-something items today, so at this rate I should be finished by Wednesday. I suspect it contains more information than anyone will want to read ... (at least all at once) ... but since I have no specific guidelines ... I'm just using Natalie Goldberg's Writing Rules (as presented in Writing Down the Bones) and letting my fingers type whatever comes to mind in no particular order.
After updating my list, I chatted on my cell phone with my sister to catch up on their travel adventures then met a friend for a long leisurely lunch. We shared a salad and yummy dessert as we talked then exchanged Christmas gifts belatedly since we didn't connect during the holidays. On the way home I shopped for groceries at Trader Joe's after running a few errands. This evening I'm tired and having trouble focusing on the computer ... so this will be short because I'm ready to cuddle with Molly a while before heading upstairs for the night.
Thought for Today
"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than exposure." Helen Keller (1880 - 1968)

5 comments:

Eve said...

Love the Helen Keller quote. The story of her life is one of the few books I read cover-to-cover as a child.

You are making great progress on your 101 Things Post. You inspire me constantly. :D

The Dream said...

I'm a blue brain, too!!!
You're so amazing, Storyteller! Big hug to Molly!

Momisodes said...

Yea..i love that H.K. quote...Okay, I'm running over to catch up on your 101 list update!

Karen said...

I LOVE Writing Down the Bones--I first read it about nineteen years ago, and I'm just now rereading it again--just like before, it's really firing me up!

Great quote--another one I need to post prominently.

storyteller said...

Eve – Helen Keller’s story is such an inspirational one. I’m wondering when you’re going to start on your list of 100 Things?

Dream – Ah … I just left a comment on that post. How fascinating that so many of us came up with that color … Yertle, Mama Zen, Eve, Mama Gee, Lucy, Karen and myself ... and now YOU. It can’t be a coincidence, can it? Seems like a while since you’ve been around and I’m wondering if you collected your You Make My Day award at Sacred Ruminations? I left it there on the 21st of January.

Sandy – I don’t know how you manage to do so much with a toddler around and getting ready to move. You’re amazing, and I love all the comments and emails!!!

Karen – YES!!! She's wonderful and fires ME up too. I used to use Natalie Goldberg’s books when I was teaching kids. I love WILD MIND almost as much as Writing Down the Bones and when I was in Taos I bought 5 more of her books … started 2 of them but am not making much progress since I spend so much time blogging. LOL I also love Julia Cameron’s books … am almost finished with WALKING ON WATER and have VEIN OF GOLD waiting to begin next and, of course, I revisit THE ARTIST'S WAY often.

Thanks to all of you for visiting and sharing your thoughts. It’s nice to know I’m not simply typing to the ether. (smile)
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails