Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Simply Saturday

The day has gotten away from me, and (as luck would have it) my sister called from Americus, Georgia (somewhere near Plains I believe) just as I sat down to write this post tonight. She had stories to share of frustrating experiences on the road these past few days. The ideas I had in mind when I sat down here have vanished after chatting for 75 minutes or so.

I think I'll save whatever it was I intended to share for another day when I'm less tired (or more inspired). Molly is ready for some indoor fetch (since it's cold, rainy and dark outside) followed by cuddles in my lap before I head upstairs.

I did track down the gal who started Haiku Friday today and have added a link to the logo in both of yesterday's posts and the one in my sidebar. She also has a Mr. Linky on her Blog, so it's easy to find others who participate. If you're interested in joining the fun, check it out .


This lovely rose
is blooming in my front yard
along with three others and two buds.
.
I'm hopeful they will
survive the windy rainy weather
we're experiencing here in Southern California.

14 comments:

Maude Lynn said...

Better to talk with
sis than to "waste" time blogging
anyway I think!

Beautiful rose!

Kayce aka lucy said...

i agree with mama zen.
thank you for sharing the rose...it will survive here on your page if not outside in the wind & rain.
peace.

storyteller said...

Mama Zen - Yes ... chatting with my sister always takes priority.

You're a natural!
Must try Haiku Friday soon
playfully, of course.

Lucy - Thanks for the reminder. I love sharing pictures of my roses and I tend to obsess at times, but am trying to relax and take life as it comes ... gratefully.

Hugs and blessings,

Momisodes said...

Glad you had a chance to chat with your sister. I hope her times on the road get better this week.

What a lovely rose...I do love the colors. Those rose bushes are just one of the things I miss about living in SoCal :(

Kara said...

Whoa there sure is a lot of haiku going around this place - love the creativity from you -Storyteller and the other commenter's.
BTW - I like the way you linked to the creative everyday on your sidebar.

Eve said...

Looking at your lovely rose reminds me of my years living near Phoenix. Every year when it starts to get cold and then when the snow comes I ask myself why I'm not heading for Phoenix for a few months. Haven't come up with a really good answer. Oh, yeah - my family is in Idaho. Duh!

storyteller said...

Sandy - For the most part everything is going fine with their travels, but as they were leaving Atlanta, some "mail" they were waiting for didn't arrive ... so they hung around a couple of extra days. As it turned out, the drive from Atlanta to Americus on a Friday afternoon took much longer than it would have if they'd been able to leave in the morning. They're safe and all's well ... but she had stories to tell and I listened.

Kara - It's like the flood gates opened and I can't stop myself! LOL
Thanks ... actually the link is a "cheat" but it works. I tried everything I could think of (spending more time than I'd care to admit) trying to make the actual image link, then thought of this. Whatever, it works and that's what counts.

Eve - I know lots of folks who are "snow birds" who leave snowy home territory for the warmth of the desert, but leaving family behind is hard. Stay warm and stop by anytime to enjoy my roses!
Hugs and blessings to you all,

Grandy said...

Hey there, storyteller. Great flower! Did it survive the weather??

Glad you had the opportunity to catch up with your sis...it can be fun. ;)

storyteller said...

Grandy - so far so good given the weather conditions. All flowers are still on the bush (and buds look okay too), but we're in for more wind and rain ... so they may not survive. As Lucy mentioned, THIS one will be here indefinitely.
Hugs and blessings,

storyteller said...

Alas Grandy – I wrote too soon. I’m sad to report now that all the flowers are gone and the buds are in questionable condition, but other than that ... we're fine and Southern California DOES need the rain so I won't complain.
Hugs and blessings to all who pass this way,

Mike Golch said...

Great Rose,a puppy that will romp in the surf but not rain sound like the dog has discrimnating tastes to me.God Bless,Mike Golch
P.S. I used to live in the Sacramento area when I was in the USAF.But that is an other story!

storyteller said...

Mike - Actually, the rose (alas) is kaput. I may post pictures tomorrow, but I've learned not to download my camera while I'm online. As for Molly, she IS discriminating (and that was a nice "reframe" of my description of her weirdness). She's a Labrador Retriever for goodness sakes and she LOVES water ... but not rain. Thanks for visiting. I'll watch for those stories on your blog down the line. Welcome to the virtual world. You're newer at this than me!
Hugs and blessings,

Karen said...

I'm loving the haikus! Maybe I should get my husband to participate--though he doesn't have a blog. And maybe I should give it a go!

The rose is SO beautiful! Unfortunately, my yard is clay soil with practically no sun (a drawback to having so many beloved trees in the yard--but they ARE beloved, so they will not be coming down). I'll just have to enjoy your photos, and the bouquet I treated myself to from Trader Joe's.

storyteller said...

Karen – How fun! Your hubby could be "guest author" or "causal contributor" to your blog. We'd all love to get acquainted, so go ahead and invite him to play. If it sounds like fun for you (and doing so wouldn't add unnecessary stress) I'm up for that. As I wrote in Monday's post here (on the 7th), I'd love to see THIS Haiku/Meme Hybrid Challenge sweep the Blogosphere the way other memes have. So go for it!!! (and tag or “invite” others to join in too.)
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails