Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Friday, January 11, 2008

Haiku Friday - Volume 3


Eagerly she waits
in the kitchen as I stir
upstairs in my bed.

Listening with hopes
that I will be coming down
soon to let her out.

Sitting by the door
as I turn Dell laptop on
whimper of delight.

Into the backyard
Molly sniffs to see who has
trespassed in the night.

When she's satisfied
everything is as it should
be ... she pees and poops.

Waiting for her treat
as I put the coffee on,
watching every move.

Breakfast in the bowl
wolfing down her kibble meal
tummy happy now.

Curled at my feet
on her pillow bed so soft,
Thus the day begins.

A (not so subtle) reminder:
Earlier this week, I extended an open invitation (or "challenge" if you will) to bloggers to participate voluntarily in a Hybrid Email Meme and tag (or encourage) others to do likewise. My example is here, and Sherck's (who took me up right away rather than wait for Friday which is fine with me) is here. If (or when) YOU decide to play along, please leave links so we can find and enjoy yours.

Volume #4 is at Sacred Ruminations


Thought for the Day

"All kids are gifted.
Some just open their packages
earlier than others."
Michael Carr

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss my dog. Very beautiful.
Haiku Friday

Anonymous said...

Such wonderful imagery here. You did a fabulous job!

Jenni said...

Beautiful haiku!!

Maude Lynn said...

I wrote a haiku
in your honor and tagged you
for a meme. Come see!

storyteller said...

Susiej - I can relate. I've had 3 dogs. Each died at the age of 16, the 3rd shortly after I retired in 2001. I waited a few years before getting Molly, but I'm glad to have her company. Your Haiku this morning exhausted me reading it! Hope today is calmer.

SA Mama - Thanks! I loved YOURS this morning with your toddler and dog.

Jenni - Thank you. The one you wrote today about your family is lovely.

Mama Zen
I'll be over soon.
Oh so happy that you played!
What's in store for me?

What fun this Haiku Friday is, though yet another meme may do me in! LOL

Hugs and blessings to all,


Jenni -

Unknown said...

Your doggy sounds like a true companion. Mine waits for that treat, too.

Bren said...

Great haiku!

Kat said...

Awe. Sweet doggy. How nice that she doesn't come and wake you up. Such a good dog.
Happy Haiku Friday!

Toni said...

Lovely.... what a great friend you have- and the dog too!

Rachel said...

I love that Michael Carr quote! That's so beautiful and true!!

This was a wonderful haiku! So very well written.

the planet of janet said...

a pottied puppy is a happy puppy!

well done!

Eve said...

I'm all puffed up because I managed 3 lines for Haiku Friday. Then I visit Sarcastic Mom and you and find a full story. I'm feeling so underachieved.

storyteller said...

More visitors here!
Lovely that you stopped to write.
Thank you very much.

AFF – Molly is a sweetheart, just 3 years old … charming and well behaved, but joyful and spontaneous too! She keeps me young and active.

Bren – Thanks. I’m so glad to have found this group of bloggers who share in this manner on Fridays.

Kathryn – With this pup, I decided she’d be a “downstairs” pooch so I wouldn’t have doggy-hair everywhere throughout the house. I vacuum twice daily downstairs as is! You’d think she’d need that hair in winter. LOL

Toni – We’re a pair all right. She’s luckier than my previous dogs because I’m happily retired and around most of the time. When I do go away, she goes to Doggy Camp and plays with fur-friends 24/7 … cage-free like at home.

Rachael – I love that quote too and thanks for the kind words about my writing.

Janet – LOL … you’ve got that one right! Of course, I wake up so early that she doesn’t need to “hold it” overly long.

Eve – R E L A X … remember it’s about BABY STEPS! Be happy for your three lines and next time go for six if you choose.

Hugs and blessings to all, and thanks so much for sharing your thoughts.

Kayce aka lucy said...

i can see molly happily being herself through each of these little haikus. i love how you have woven it as a story. well done!

Cathy said...

This is great - wow!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

I am partial to anything dog related, so this ku ROCKED. Totally RAWKED!

Anonymous said...

Aww very nice haiku. I have a Molly too. :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great way to start your day!

Momisodes said...

Awww...What a lovely ku about Molly. Dogs are so sweet and loyal, it always melts my heart :)

Anonymous said...

okay...when i first started reading this, i thought you were writing about your daughter...until the "let her out" part! ha!

great Haiku!

storyteller said...

Ohmygosh! Busy day indeed!!! I love all these comments!

Lucy – Thanks. I’m planning to get over to see your Haikus and if I don’t make it today, I’ll get there tomorrow for sure. I can’t believe how busy I’ve been with my two blogs and I’m wondering how you’re managing your 2nd one.

Cathy – Thanks. I pretty much did what you did with yours … thought about what was happening and wrote. Methinks that works best.

MamaGeek – Awwww … I’m a sucker for pooches too :--)

Kelli – Really? Is your Molly a doggie? I’d never met a dog named Molly before I decided to give her that name, but I’m told it’s one the the most popular names for dogs around. Who knew? Certainly not me!

Blue Momma – Yes it is … I live a most blessed life being happily retired as I am.

Sandy – She’s pretty special, but spoiled (sort of) so she can be pushy and obnoxious at times too. LOL

M&M – How funny! That just goes to show you figured all the bloggers are young moms with kids. I’m a happily retired teacher with fur-critters for company. I guess I’ll need to give Ms. Kitty equal time … maybe next week?

Thanks everyone for visiting and sharing your perspectives!
Hugs and blessings,

Melissa said...

You just don't get that from a cat. I'm greeted more with a, "Why are you being selfish and making coffee before you feed me, woman?" kind of look. Yeah, don't ya feel the love...

And sadly, I did not read much yesterday. It turned into one of those days and I was just happy to get to the end of it. Happy hai-day!

storyteller said...

Melissa – Yes, I know about cats. I’ve got one of those too … but she’s feral and lives outdoors … so I don’t have to face her 1st thing. She DOES, however, treat me with appropriate cat-like “tolerance” and Molly with utter disdain. Maybe I’ll give her equal time next week?

I'm sorry you reading day didn't work out as you'd hoped. Maybe next time will go better? I do think it's an admirable idea and may adopt it myself ... some day.
Hugs and blessings,

Leah said...

love the haiku!!

Mother of Invention said...

Excellent one! We felt like we started the day with you and Molly! A little slice of your life. I did a haiku today too about a favourite apron of my mom's.

storyteller said...

Leah – How nice to have you visit. I’m excited with your Creative Everyday Project. It’s inspired me to branch out and explore in new ways on both my blogs sooner than I might have.

MoI – Thanks … sharing like this is fun. I’ll be over to see your Haiku in a little while. Life’s been busy this past week and I’ve fallen behind with my blog reading.

MPJ – Thanks for linking your Friday Haiku to this post. How fun to find it when I was responding to comments today.

Hugs and blessings to you all,

Karen said...

I love your haikus!

storyteller said...

Karen – Thanks! I love writing them! I hope you’re feeling better after taking time for some much needed rest.
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails