Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Monday, March 17, 2008

Meme Monday #3 and Sharing of Awards

Happy St. Patrick's Day everybody!!!
Thanks for visiting ;--)


Today's 'meme' comes from Give Me 5 Monday. The prompt last week was: "Give Me Five ways you like to de-stress, relax, wind down or kick back."


1. I love to play with Molly whose joy & energy know no bounds! She keeps me young & active ... healthy & whole ... generates laughter & merriment ... and makes new friends wherever we go. She's now 3 years old but believes she's a puppy and acts like one too.

2. I read ... (fiction and non-fiction ... poetry and prose) and I write ... mostly in my journal but sometimes creating word doodles. I quote myself from a previous post:
"My 1st "visual scribble" resulted in a veritable deluge of comments and led to others like it later on ... adding #2 here, #3 here, #4 here.
3. I get together with friends and catch-up with what's been happening in their lives while sharing what I've been up to as well.

4. I love to work in my garden and visit with neighbors ... sit on my patio and drink lemonade made with freshly squeezed lemons from my tree while enjoying the great outdoors.

5. Of course, I discovered the joys of blogging about 5 months ago and have taken to it in a big way ... as witnessed by what's here at Small Reflections and my other blog, Sacred Ruminations.

What do YOU do to 'de-stress, relax, wind down or kick back' ... please share. You know I don't like to 'tag' ... but I'd love everyone to play. If you decide to post answers on your blog like I did, please leave a link here so I can read them. If you want to share it comments, that's fine too ;--)


I want to thank Rhonda (aka Chuck) of Foster Me Up
for this 'Easter Egg Thank You" award.
She made it herself ;--)


I'd like to share it
with anyone who left a comment
on any of my 'weekend posts' here

Sunday's - It's been a while since I've done this ...
Saturday's - An emailed message worth sharing

and/or who decides to
comment on one or both of those posts today.

I'm honored
that
Melissa Markham
of Melissa's Idea Garden
awarded this Excellent Blog Award
to Small Reflections last week.


I received this award previously for
Sacred Ruminations and passed it on to
the following 11 bloggers there mid-February:

His Girl Friday at Wellied on Life
Karen at Journey to Authenticity
Ladybug at Living in the Light I Find
Lucy at Diamonds in the Skywith Lucy
Mama Zen at the Zen of Motherhood
Mother of Invention at Spilling Out!
MPJ at A Room of Mama's Own
Peajay at Mórán cainte ar bheagán cúise
Talking Bear at Sleepy Bear Hollow
Yertle
at Smile, Play, Dream
Yolanda at Perfectly Imperfect

I'd like to pass it along today to
the following bloggers.

Betty at Betty's This and That
Chuck at Foster Me Up
Cricket of Cricket's Hearth
Eve at Adamswife's Weblog
Grandy at Functional Shmunctional
Greatfullivin at Gratitude Journal
Ivanhoe of Communique by Ivanhoe
Joy at The Joy of Six
Joyce at Mom's Musings
Mary at Mary's Writing Nook
Melanie at Livin' With Me
Melissa at Taking What is Left
Moana at Desperately Seeking Serenity
Nicole at the Happy Wonderer
PJ at Bits and Pieces
Pussreboots
Roger at the Daily Idaho Photo
Sandy at Momisodes
Sonya of Mo Mhíle Grá
Sue at Discombobula
the Dream at You May Say I'm a Dreamer
Tina at Tina's Odds and Ends
Zamejias at MakiMeji

The Rules: By accepting this Excellent Blog Award, you agree to award it to 10 more people whose blogs you find Excellent Award worthy. You can give it to as many people as you want but please award at least 10. You deserve this! Feel free to award people who have already been awarded.

Of course,
I'd like to say a special
by passing along this cool t-shirt
from MPJ of A Room of Mama's Own
(who shared it with those who commented
on her blog during February)
to all my new
Meme Monday friends
Ultimate Blog Party participants
and all others who have visited this blog
during the past three weeks and left comments
with a link to your blog so I could find you.

Today counts too ;--)

so ... if you've not yet introduced yourself
do it today ... and accept my 'thanks'
with this graphic to snag & share
as you choose.

Thought for Today
"The whole world opened to me when I learned to read." Mary McLeod Bethune

Click for others participating in
Meme Monday this week.

29 comments:

KC said...

WOW congrats on all your awards. Great Meme Monday post.

Greatfullivin said...

Good Morning and Happy St. Pat's Day! I enjoyed reading about how you de-stress, they are all great ways indeed! Thank you so much for sharing your award with me, I think both of your blogs are Excellent! Have a grand day!

Joyce said...

Thank you SO MUCH for the kind award. :) I probably put too much time and thought into blogging, but it is so much fun, such a wonderful creative outlet, AND a way to make new friends, such as YOU, Storyteller. :)

I'll let you know as soon as I do the meme. I'll try for today after work. :)

Have a beautiful day.

Mary said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you and yours. You and I destress in similar ways. I love spending time with Meeko. He is always good for a laugh with his antics. He is going on 8 years old and still acts like a puppy at times. Dogs are good for the soul.

I also read to destress. I can leave the world behind between the covers of a good book.

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you and yours. I wish you a wonderful week.

Blessings,
Mary

BeccA's Buzz said...

Hi there! This is BeccA from BeccA's Buzz. You participated in last week's Give Me Five Meme because I hadn't yet posted the one for today....I really need to start doing it earlier. Anyway, the post for this week is up, if you'd like to participate, although, you already did one for today LOL

I added you to the reminder email list as well (although I am currently having some sort of emailing issue and can't send out this week's reminder!) Thanks for stopping by & participating! Tell all your blogging friends if you enjoy it!

NicciN said...

I'm in. Thanks! Just thinking about how to destress makes me feel less stressed!

Akelamalu said...

Happy St Patrick's Day to you and congratulations on the awards. :)

storyteller said...

KC – Thanks … I appreciate you visiting and sharing your enthustiastic comments. I hope you snagged the ‘thank you’ to enjoy and pass along.

Greatfullivin – Top ‘o the mornin’ and happy St. Paddy’s day to you too! Thanks for the lovely feedback about my blogs …(big smile here)… and the good wishes. I am enjoying my day thus far and figure it’s likely to be a delightful one as usual.

Joyce - You’re most welcome! I suspect that we all put too much time and thought into blogging because it IS a ‘fun’ creative outlet and me make new friends without having to get dressed up and go somewhere ;--)

I’m glad you’re planning to do the meme and I’ll look forward to your responses whenever you have time to do it. Just don’t ‘stress’ yourself out.

Mary – Dogs have a great way of lowering our stress levels don’t they. One of the reasons I have the ‘puppy a day’ widget on my blog is to see puppies periodically when blogging. Reading is such a wonderful ‘escape’ from the day isn’t it? I don’t know what I’d do without books in my life. I hope you took your award with you when you left.

BeccaGirl – Thanks for dropping by and letting me know I didn’t do it wrong after all. I’m not much for ‘rules’ these days … so breaking them doesn’t bother me a whole bunch, but I didn’t want to offend you in any way. I will stop by … and perhaps I’ll do this week’s and next week’s ‘Give Me 5’ when Monday rolls around again ;--)

Yertle – Great! I’ll be over to see what you come up with after I clear out my email box, finish responding to comments, and run a few errands (if Molly will let me). Otherwise I’ll be there eventually. You know I will.

Akelamalu – Thanks for the visit and the St. Paddy’s day greetings. I hope you snagged my thank you to pass along to your bloggy friends.

I love comments and appreciate all of you taking time out of your day to visit me at Small Reflections. I hope you ‘snagged’ the thank you to enjoy and share. May the rest of your day be absolutely delightful!
Hugs and blessings,

Anonymous said...

Stopped over from Give Me Five Monday -- I like the lemonade destressing drink. Cheers! Happy St. Pat's Day!

NicciN said...

Thanks for the comments on my blog. I am only quick when I am working from home! And I have noticed that unless I "Do It Now" most things fall through the cracks. Thanks for the info about Becca. I will go check it out.

Momisodes said...

Aww, thanks so much :) You are too kind. What a sweet gesture. It surely brightened my day, and that was needed.

I loved reading about you 5 ways to de-stress. Just reading about it makes me wish I was doing some of them now!

Unknown said...

Congrats on all the awards! Thanks for visiting my site today. You've got a great site here - I'm off to check out your other one too.

Have a great day!

storyteller said...

Jean – How nice to meet you! I love the name of your blog and will visit soon … if not today, then tomorrow for sure. I’m running out of ‘blogging’ time today.

Yertle – You’re welcome and I can relate. I don’t know how folks who ‘work’ manage to blog at all. When I was teaching there was no time for such things … ever!!!

Sandy – Hey … anything I can do to help, ya know? Actually, I posted this long before I read of your frustrating experience at the Ning site, but I like to know I’ve helped to lift your spirits and brighten your day.

Heather – Why thanks! Visiting your blog was my pleasure. One of the nifty things about ‘memes’ like Mel’s is the way the Mr. Linky process introduces us to new bloggers ;--)

I appreciate each of you spending a bit of time here and leaving your thoughts. I hope your week is off to a wonderful start!
Hugs and blessings,

Anonymous said...

That, thanks, thanks so much! I am honored. I'll sure remember to pass this on to other.

Have a wonderful day and happy blogging!

VERB

Makimeji

Mike Golch said...

Hellow and I hope that you had an enjoyable day today! Both of your Blogs deserve the the BIG E award.

Lifeless in Ohio said...

WOW - how generous of you! I do enjoy visiting you. I simply love the leads to the bloggy quizzes. Thanks so much for sharing your award and for the cool Easter egg.

RW said...

Cudos on your awards!! Awesome Memes going on there!!

Karen said...

I really thought I commented on this yesterday, but I've scrolled down the comment list twice, and I'm not seeing the stag!

Great ways to destress--reading would be my number one! It's such a wonderfully solitary activity!

Okay, I thought I had some words of wisdom coming out, but obviously not...the coffee has yet to kick in.

A belated Happy St. Pat's Day!

Ivanhoe said...

Congratulations on your awards - well deserved indeed!!!!
Thank you very much for passing the Excellent Blog award on me - it's an honor and I will post it in my sidebar immediately.

storyteller said...

MamaMeji – You’re very welcome! Passing on awards is certainly enjoyable ;--)

Mike – How very kind of you to say so. I do what I can … and have fun in the process. So, have you tried to leave a ‘clickable link’ yet in comments? I’ve done it successfully a couple of times, but I’ve also learned that some blogs (like Hootin’ Anni’s) won’t permit ‘http’ codes in the comment area. It does take a little extra effort and everything has to be ‘perfect’ to execute.

Cricket – I’m happy that you enjoy visiting (no matter what I share). It’s good to be accepted ‘just as I am’ … and you’re welcome for the awards. I love passing them along like this.

Roger – Why thanks for stopping by and for the kind words ;--)

Karen – I don’t think I’d posted it when you passed through yesterday morning. I got a later start than usual (much like today actually), but since I posted the Blogthings late in the afternoon (or perhaps early evening) on Sunday … it didn’t really matter what time I posted Monday (or today for that matter). I fully understand about the coffee … brewing it comes before all else in the mornings.

Ivanhoe – Thanks … and you’re welcome. I’m still thinking about the ‘tag’ … but I like to let some things ‘percolate’ in my mind for a while before taking action.

I appreciate each of you stopping by and sharing your thoughts in comments. Hope you’re all having a wonderful week.
Hugs and blessings,

Ivanhoe said...

It's me again, I forgot to answer your 5. It's pretty much similar to yours, except I do not have a dog yet, so I go for walks by myself. Then I love reading, blogging, gardening/working on a back yard and catching up with friends as well!

Joy Des Jardins said...

Thank you for the award Virginia...another thoughtful gesture on your part. I've seen the E for Excellence Award on many sites; but I've seen awards on your site that I've never seen anywhere else...amazing. Hope you had a great St. Paddy's Day my sweet friend....

Betty said...

I really enjoyed reading your "Give Me 5" meme. I feel I know you a little better, and I would like to say for someone who has only been blogging 5 months, you sure do a professional job at it. Very interesting blog.

Congratulations on your awards. You are very deserving, and thank you for passing a couple of them on to me.

storyteller said...

Ivanhoe – Thanks for returning to leave your answers to ‘Give Me Five’ here. It’s good to share the ways we take care of our selves ;--)

Joy – You’re quite welcome … it’s fun to share with friends ya know. Blogging buddies have been most generous with me, and I'm grateful indeed. I did have a lovely St. Paddy’s day and am looking forward to getting my hair cut today because it’s overdue!

Betty – Thanks. I appreciate your kind feedback. I’ve always been a bit ‘obsessive’ when it comes to learning (and mastering) new skills … and blogging is no exception. Of course, it helps to have lots of ‘discretionary’ time along with some doggedness and lots of curiosity.

I’m happy you all stopped by this morning and enjoyed yesterday’s post while I was creating today’s. I’m running a little later than normal the past few days, but not worrying about much of anything.
Hugs and blessings,

Unknown said...

Ahhhhh! Glad you like your eggs? Did you eat them?

And thx for passing on the E award. As always, you touch my soul and warm the cockles of my inner being.

*heart cha*

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

I find many of the same things relaxing. And thanks! (You know, I almost missed that E down there!)

storyteller said...

Chuck – I loved the eggs, but hid them for others to find. It’s that what we’re supposed to do with Easter Eggs? ;--)

MPJ – I knew we were kindred spirits in many ways.

You’re both welcome for the ‘E’ award for your blogs are EXCELLENT! (as are you)
Hugs and blessings,

Tina Coruth said...

Thank you, Storyteller. I'm going to have to find some more bloggers to pass it on to before I can accept it. I don't think it will be difficult - there are so many great blogs on blogspot!!

I like your destress list. I like to read or listen to music while singing along and dancing.

hugs,
Tina

storyteller said...

Tina - Thanks for the feedback and the additional suggestion. Music, singing, and dancing are great ‘stress’ relievers I didn’t think about, but that I use as well. I’m sure you’ll find Bloggers who deserve this ‘E’ award and pass it along!
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails