Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Monday, January 7, 2008

Re: Blog 365 Megafeed (a question from the peanut gallery), Other Updates for Regular Readers, an Invitation and Apology

I'm trying to understand how this Blog 365 Megafeed works. From personal observation, I'm assuming it must be a random generator of some kind that gathers new posts periodically, but not in any orderly way. Sometimes there are 150 new posts ... other times 35 or so. I don't think there have been any where near 900 each day (though I could be wrong ... it certainly wouldn't be the 1st time I've made mistakes in public). Although I've posted on both of my blogs daily thus far, only one of those 12 posts has appeared in the Megafeed. So ... is that what's happening to everyone? Please don't misunderstand. This is not a complaint. I'm just curious because I like to understand how things work.

For those who wondered, the lovely rose I shared on Saturday, (sadly) looked like this late yesterday afternoon. In the background however, the two buds seemed to have survived unscathed ...


so (depending on how severe the next storm is), I may have some new roses soon.

Happily, the Creative Everyday Challenge logo (that I recreated the code for last night after it mysteriously disappeared from my sidebar of both blogs) now contains the "clickable link" I hoped for initially, and hopefully will remain in place. If anyone would like the code, I can send it to you in email, but I have no idea how to share it in comments or a post since it's an executable file.

Smiler assured me she's working on a "fix" for the Blogging 101 button. I'll keep you posted, but in the meantime you can click on the bottom in my previous post to find those posts. I understand she's learned some new things about HTML herself and is in the process of revising those previous posts.

I'm hoping some of you will "tag yourselves" for the Haiku Friday/Chain email Meme Hybrid I created and posted recently. I'd love to see what others do with this. If you post on Friday , January 11th, you have 5 days to think about it and play with possibilities (4 days and several hours longer than me). If you DO play, please link back here at Small Reflections so I can visit. Hmmm ... I'm realizing I should post the meme as I received it, then add modified rules (suggestions), but if I go to all that trouble, I'm going to want to TAG people ... so maybe I should leave well enough alone. Ohmygosh ... I'm so embarrassed! I just realized I neglected to provide LINK-LOVE in that earlier post, and I want to apologize to Sandy of Momisodes and make reparations here by adding links to the meme itself and her blog in general. I'll let you track it back to Sarcastic Mom and Rhonda (who I don't know) if you wish to know it's origins, but I'll also fix the error in the previous post when I finish here.

The 5 meme questions were:
1. How long have you been blogging?
2. What inspired you to start a blog and who are your mentors?
3. Are you trying to make money online, or just doing it for fun?
4. What 3 things do you love about being online?
5. What are 3 things you struggle with online?

My challenge to you
is to answer in Haiku
(for a change of pace).

I you need a "refresher" on the 5-7-5 syllable form, click Haiku Friday or on HF logo in my sidebar. If you decide to put your post off for a week or two, visit some of the bloggers who write Haiku weekly for inspiration as you mull it over and play. It's all fun ... no pressure! Just remember to link to this post or my example so I can read it.

Sigh! I know there were a couple of other topics I intended to cover when I started, but they can wait. Molly wants to play and then take a walk. I suspect she's hoping for a romp at Dog Beach, but it's a bit chilly and rain is expected ... sot that's not likely.


14 comments:

Maude Lynn said...

Sadly, I'm totally clueless about the blog feed thing. I might try my hand at the haiku, though . . .

Momisodes said...

Oh no! Too bad the rose didn't make it :(

Thanks for the linky love :)

And that Mega-feed....I've never even checked what's on it! I know...I'm terrible :( Maybe I'll do that later today.

storyteller said...

Actually, when I posted this … I was hoping it might show up in the Blog 365 Megafeed, but it didn't. Maybe I'll send email to the guy who started it all and ask.

Mama Zen - Oh goodie! I'd love to see what you do with the Haiku-Meme thing, and if you actually tag people, it could spread like wildfire through the Blogosphere like others.

Sandy – Thanks, but not to worry … I've got 3 rosebuds, so there will be more ... hopefully. You're welcome for the link-love. I'm just sorry I neglected to do it originally. I don't know how I let that slip by, but I've fixed it now. I noticed a couple of YOUR posts come through. For the most part, I'm marking them all as read without looking at them because I'm just too busy as is.

Eve said...

I don't know anything about the Megafeed. Something I posted at the 365 site showed up on it once. I will not be accepting your meme-haiku challenge. If I manage to come up with a single haiku by Friday I will be very proud of my accomplishment. Sometimes I feel like your poor rose - too much wind and rain. I hope the buds blossom out as beautifully and have a longer life.

storyteller said...

Eve - Good for you! It's all about baby steps remember. One thing at a time. I’m glad you’re trying the Haiku Friday thing period. It’s a perfect place to begin.

The Megafeed IS the Blog365 thing, and (being who I am) of course I had to check it out. It's my nature to be curious after all. I think I liked the NaBloPoMo random generator better than this Megafeed idea. The point is to meet other bloggers, but I pretty much mark all as read in order to clear Google Reader and get to the blogs I enjoy rather than checking out new ones. I'm falling farther behind each day however ... and responding to comments here later and later. I'm reminded of an early post at Small Reflections called something like "Oh my Lord, there's so much to do!" (Breathing to relax again) Not to worry ... I'm fine. Seriously! LOL
Hugs and blessings,

Anonymous said...

I'm also curious about how the Megafeed works. hmm..

storyteller said...

Manda - FYI, I sent email to Kamen this morning and got a quick response. If I had time, I'd share it today ... but (alas) it will have to wait for another time. Thanks for visiting and I'll return the visit when I'm not rushed.
Hugs and blessings,

Sherck said...

Well, I couldn't wait until Friday because I didn't have any other inspiration tonight, but I tried to haiku challange--it's posted.

Mother of Invention said...

I never wrote any haikus before having a blog. I actually have one I can post Fri....if I remember!

storyteller said...

Sherck
Oh how fun! You’re the 1st to take up my little challenge of this hybrid meme, though I must admit ... yours is so much more Haiku-like in spirit than mine that I’m most impressed. I hope others will be inspired and emboldened by your fine example ... and (if you listen closely) you might hear the sound of my applause over the hum of your computer this morning.

MoI - I'm glad to know you're planning to join the fun and I'll look forward to Friday's post. If it's not there I may leave a gentle reminder because I appreciate such things from my friends.
Hugs and blessings,

Mike Golch said...

No apologies needed,I just click on things and hope I know what I'm doing!
Most of the times it is hit and miss with me.Mike golch

storyteller said...

Mike – Experimentation is how most of us negotiate the Blogosphere. The important thing is that you’re having fun!
Hugs and blessings,

NicciN said...

I did it even though I am travlling. Thanks for the inspiration! http://yertle.blogspot.com/2008/01/haiku-friday-meme.html

storyteller said...

Yertle - Thanks for playing and leaving the link here. What a wonderful job you did on this Hybrid Haiku Meme! I left a more detailed comment on your blog, but I hope you and Sherck will entice others to play along too. How fun to learn more about you in this poetic, creative manner. I'm all the more impressed that you managed to post while away from home!
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails