Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Smiley Saturday #6 and my 4th Saturday 9

Scroll down for Smiley Saturday ;--)
Note: Instead of sitting at my computer at home today I'm taking a Saturday class on 'Scrapbooking' with Photoshop ... so I'll be visiting blogs this afternoon after returning from class and walking Molly. In case you missed my Haiku Friday, I've learned how to make collages with Photoshop ... (you'll see 3 separate examples there) ... and I'm hoping to learn even more about how this in today's class.

This week's Saturday 9: Sharing Your Blog Habit
1. How long have you been blogging?
My first post appears on October 21, 2007 on this blog and October 22, 2007 on my other blog ... so that's about 7 and a half months. In that time I've accumulated 239 posts here at Small Reflections (240 counting this one), and 172 at Sacred Ruminations.

2. How did you start?
As a result of attending a one-week Writer's Retreat in Taos, New Mexico last summer ... I met several friends who told me about blogging and encouraged me visit some blogs and set up one of my own to share my writings. After returning home, Kara called me from her home in New Mexico and 'talked' me through the process of 'visiting' blogs ... then introduced me to Blogger and the templates. Within a few days I'd created a blog but not posted anything ... but with encouragement from Kara and my writing buddy, Jan, I jumped in with both hands (& all ten fingers), was discovered by Joy on my first day ... and have been posting daily ever since.

3. How often do you post on your blog?
At first I posted daily on BOTH blogs ... but early in 2008 I decided that was more than I could handle, so although I post daily (as a member of Blog 365) here at Small Reflections, I post 3-4 times per week at Sacred Ruminations. Even that is often challenging when life gets busy (like it's been for the past month or so), but I do the best I can.

4. Have you made good blogging friends?
Yes, I've met many interesting folks in this 'virtual world' and visit their blogs as often as possible. I enjoy reading & responding to comments they leave me here, and I always comment whenever I visit someone else. I've fallen behind in my blog-reading of late and have many unread messages in Google Reader, but hope to catch up in the weeks to come.

5. Have you talked to someone on the phone you met through blogging?
No

6. Have you met anyone from your blogging?
Nope

7. Have you had a crush on anyone you have not met?
Crush??? You've got to be kidding, right?

8. Have you had a romance with someone you have met?
Okay ... methinks I should have read ALL the questions before I started this meme. Rest assured, I'm not looking for 'romance' online. However, before the Internet was 'the World Wide Web' (in the 1980s & 90s) I did meet a number of folks online who have become friends I see regularly even now ... so I suppose it's possible I'll eventually meet a few of you folks from the Blogosphere at some point.

9. Do you suspect you get comments from someone interested in you?
Hopefully the bloggers who comment are interested in what I write and enjoy the social interaction of blogging as I do.
Click for others participating in Saturday 9 this week
~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a happy camper because
the French Open
Championship Matches
will be played
today and tomorrow.

Rafa Nadal and Roger Federer will vie against one another for the 4th year in a row on Sunday. It should be an excellent match, especially if the weather remains cool like it's been in Paris all week. Today Dinara Safina plays Ana Ivanovic for the women's championship. I'll be watching Sunday's match 'real time' ... (or perhaps 30 minutes delayed to avoid commercial breaks)... but will record today's match while I'm a class and watch when I return. I've shared poetic updates and photo collages for the past two weeks in case you missed our on the action.

Note: In case you missed them, you can see my Peace Globes & Blog Blasts for Peace at Small Reflections and at Sacred Ruminations. You'll find links to others who have participated as well. Visiting these bloggers this week has definitely put a smile on my face, and I suspect you'd find them uplifting like me.

Addendum at 6:45am Saturday morning:
I'm delighted to discover that Blogger cooperated this morning and published this post 'as scheduled' today.

I just added the 'fixed URL link' to Smiley Saturday's Mr. Linky at 'www.Lightening'.com and discovered today's 'theme' is taking care of ourselves ... a subject near and dear to my heart. Since I don't have time at the moment to come up with what I'd like to share on this topic, I add the following links to previous posts in which I've addressed this topic ... and hope you'll find them of interest. Counting my blessings always 'calms and centers' me ... and I do this daily in my personal journal ... frequently on my blogs. Here are a few of my favorites:

1. Blog Your Blessings Sunday #1 (clicking on the label ReallyGoodThings will take you to similar posts at Sacred Ruminations) and So Many Blessings (Counting One by One) ... (clicking on the label REALLYGOODTHINGS will take you to additional posts like this at Small Reflections).

2. Living in Gratitude (especially when problems arise) is another (clicking on the label gratitude will take you to similar posts at Sacred Ruminations).

3. Finally LAUGHTER is healing ... and here are some posts that bring a smile to MY face: Thirteen Laughable Photos (clicking on the label LAUGHTER will bring you to others).

3. Heads or Tails #7 - Quotes & Images of Peace and On Mindfulness, Transforming Anger, Practicing Peace, and Making a Difference, and T-13 #11 on Healing Affirmations come to mind.

I wish you all a peace-filled day ... every day!
Thought for Today
"Strangers are just friends waiting to happen." Rod McKuen

19 comments:

Debbie said...

thanks for sharing your saturday 9 answers. i enjoyed reading them.

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

I didn't start bloging to find romance either! Have a great weekend...

Joyce said...

Good Morning, Virginia,
You are learning so many interesting things. Have fun at your class. :)

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

Your meme made me giggle! I promise I'm not here trying to date you! :)

Kwizgiver said...

Blogging and romance are not a match in my world, either!

Happy Saturday. It'll be interesting to see what skills and techniques you picked up at your class today.

Hootin Anni said...

Ya, I would have to agree...crushes? And meeting for 'romance' through blogging? I'm with you there, on your response!

Hope your weekend is treating you well dear storyteller!!

Joy Des Jardins said...

I just love "Sharing Your Blog Habit."

You are just leaps and bounds beyond so many of us in such a short time....you just continue to astound me. I don't know where you get the energy and time for it all....but you do. I can only root you on and say congrats for an amazing job Virginia.

Karen said...

The blogging meme was funny--are they expecting you to "hook up" with someone?! LOL!

storyteller said...

I’m delighted that you all stopped by while I was at class on Saturday and apologize for not responding individually here as I usually do … but it’s already Monday and today is Retired Gals Lunch … so time is limited.

I’m trying to catch up on comments here and then I plan to visit as many of you as I can, even if I don’t post anything today until much later this afternoon … or even this evening. I’m skipping Fun Monday because I’m just too overwhelmed at the moment to reflect on anything, but I’m remembering to BREATHE and doing my best to RELAX … taking one thing at a time … realizing that my best is always good enough (thanks to Don Miguel Ruiz).

If you want to see what I learned, check out my OSI Week 14 post at Sacred Ruminations). One could spend a lifetime on this stuph!
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and that today is delightful too ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Anonymous said...

I love the tennis, just watching it is peaceful - perhaps because I'm not so invested in the outcome.

Happy belated smiley saturday :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the Saturday 9, and for visiting me too. Your blog is great, I added it to my bloglines!
What kind of writing do you do?

Anonymous said...

Your Smiley Saturday links are lovely - they did indeed make me smile.

I hope you enjoyed your photoshop course and have come away with some new found skills.

Tina Coruth said...

Storyteller,

That meme took an unexpected turn! LOL I didn't start blogging for romance, either.

Have a great week!
Hugs,
Tina

Anonymous said...

You certainly do have a lot to smile about.. great links!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for joining in Smiley Saturday this week and for all your efforts to visit other participants. :)

The looking after yourself seems to have resonated well with many readers and I'm planning on writing more in the coming Smiley Saturday weeks. You're welcome to do the same if you would like to (completely optional of course). :)

Ish said...

Thank you for your comment post. Lovely meeting new people in the world of blogging. I look forward to seeing you around again soon.

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

great reasons to smile - the peace globes were wonderful.

Great blogging meme too.

storyteller said...

I appreciate each of you dropping by and leaving your comments here. I apologize for not responding sooner. Life is ‘happily’ busy these days and I’m challenged to keep up with everything. I’ve enjoyed both Smiley Saturday and Saturday 9 for a few weeks, and it’s been fun to get acquainted with some new friends in this virtual world. As for tennis, I try not to be invested in the outcome of matches … though I do admit I love to see everyone (and especially the Americans) play well (whether or not they win). One sided matches aren’t much fun to observe … though Rafa Nadal on clay and Roger Federer on grass are each amazing to behold. I did enjoy my Special Saturday Scrapbooking with Photoshop class … learned some very ‘kewl’ and practical things last weekend. The last two regular PSE classes introduced most of the remaining ‘tools’ we’d not yet covered. It’s hard to believe it’s been 10 weeks already and that the Beginning Class is over. Of course, I start the Intermediate Class next Tuesday. I hope you’ve all had a wonderful week and are gearing up for a relaxing, peace-filled weekend. Thanks so much for visiting Small Reflections. ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

storyteller said...

Whoops … I mean 10 sessions and 5 weeks ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails