Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Smiley Saturday #9 and Camera Critters #11

Read on for Smiley Saturday ...
and/or scroll down for Camera Critters
Photo Hunt #7
is at Sacred Ruminations today


I'm smiling BIG TIME today because ... although Dell sent an email on Thursday afternooon that delivery of my new computer would be delayed until July 1st-3rd, I received another email Friday morning that it had shipped after all (as I shared in yesterday's Haiku Friday #50 and #51). According to an email from DHL Express this morning ... my laptop arrived in Riverside, California (from Sparks, Nevada) around 11:35 last night and is on it's way to Orange County currently. With any luck it's possible it might actually arrive today, but I should have it in my possession on Monday at the latest. Of course I've got my fingers crossed hoping for a delivery today ;--)

If you're in need of a quick chuckle today, check out this week's Hump Day Humor at Jan's, and if you're curious about me ... drop by Sacred Ruminations this afternoon or tomorrow. I'm 'musing' a bit about my past after seeing the results of a Blogthing Quiz shared by Misty Dawn last week, but probably won't finish & publish until much later because I'd 'distracted' watching Wimbledon where there have been some excellent matches and big upsets! I'm still behind ... watching yesterday's matches while recording this morning's. Since there's no play on Sunday, I should be caught up by Monday ... unless my computer arrives today and I get distracted by it ;--)
Click for others participating in Smiley Saturday this week.

I started a week late so today is my 11th
Misty Dawn started the meme and explains the rules here:
Because it seems Camera Critters has evolved into a WEEKEND activity (rather than a Sunday one as I first believed) ... and because the Saturday 9 questions don't 'move me' to respond today, I'm opting to post mine now.

Meet the friendly Chocolate Lab that kept me company last summer in Hensington Gardens ... inviting me to put down my pencil & paper to play ball often, but meandering off to play with others once I picked it up to write again.

Thought for Today
"Happiness often sneaks in through a door you didn't know you left open." John Barrymore

34 comments:

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Cool pictures of your Chocalate Lab, my son has one named Fudge.

ratmammy said...

Great photos!

Mike Golch said...

Great photos. I enjoyed my visit here today as I do every time I visit.Big Time Hugs and God's blessings comming your way from me.
That's my story and you can bet I'm sticking to it.

Anonymous said...

great shots

Mine in here. Thanks

Juliana RW said...

nice dog..

Please visit mine also in here Thanks

Christy said...

Nice photo mosaic of your dog. Isn't so much fun to take their pictures? I know my Chloe is very photogenic as well. Congrats on the shipment of your new computer always a fun treat - new toys.

Mom Knows Everything said...

What a gorgeous dog!

Lapa37 said...

Thanks for stopping by! beautiful lab they are such sweet dogs and very playful

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

So pretty, I love anything chocolate!

Misty DawnS said...

What a beautiful dog! It's very hard to resist a sweet doggy face trying to convince you to take time out and play ;-)

You are right - CC originally started as a Sunday meme. However, many began posting their Critters on Saturday. So, I figured it wouldn't hurt to just let it be a 'weekend' meme - as long as everyone enjoys it, that's all that matters, in my opinion ;-)

Anonymous said...

Great news about your laptop.

Love the pictures of your lab.

Anonymous said...

great shots... it's so amazing how much labs love water. my dogs act like they're melting if they get wet LOL :)

Kahshe Cottager said...

How could you resist those eyes??? I would have done the same thing I think!


My Camera Critter is here

Carletta said...

Wonderful series of photos!
I love the photo at the top of the duck and babies - wonderful reflection.

Corey~living and loving said...

gotta love a friendly lab. :) what a cutie. :)
happy CC!

Anonymous said...

Yay for the computer news !!!!

Cute Dog.

Jane Hards Photography said...

I love the dog shots and the ducks with the kiddies ta the top is tyhe cutestt.

Rayne said...

What a beautiful dog. The duck shot at the top is fantastic! I love how the ducklings ride on mama's back. She actually looks like she is smiling.

Rhea said...

What a friendly little bugger! I love labs. We have a yellow one (really more white) who LOVES water and loves everyone and would lick anyone she meets.

Glad your new computer is on it's way! How exciting!!

Gretchen said...

Play with me? You can see that in his eyes. :)

Sharon said...

Nice pictures of your visitor! Labs are such sweet dogs!

i beati said...

great quote and dog.. sk

Raven said...

Beautiful collage. I love the quote which is great for the OSI theme today too.

Roan said...

Other than my Willie, Chocolate Labs are my favorite! Great shots, all!

Anonymous said...

Gotta love a lab.

WINGING IT, at Practically at Home

storyteller said...

Fishing Guy – That’s a great name for a Chocolate Lab. Actually this one isn’t mine … I simply encountered him in Taos, NM last summer.

Ratmammy – Thanks ;--)

Mike – I’m glad you’re able to visit again now that I’ve rearranged things.

Juliana RW and Picturing
I appreciate your visit and the links you left to yours.

Christy – As I explained to the Fishing Guy, the Chocolate Lab isn’t mine … but he was photogenic. I’m still waiting for my computer but am hoping for an early delivery on Monday ;--)

Tammy – I agree. When I found Molly, I was looking for a chocolate … but the Universe presented me with her … and I couldn’t resist.

Lapa37 – Yes … labs LOVE to play and are fun to interact with.

Me & My Puppies – I’m chuckling and thinking about sweet chocolate things … grateful I don’t have any in the house to tempt me as I type this.

Misty Dawn – I agree … and it’s always fun to let doggies draw us into their play isn’t it? Methinks your reasoning is quite sound. I ended up using the two days this week to ‘catch up’ after missing the first week of Camera Critters way back when by posting Sunday too.

Leechbabe – I’m definitely relieved the delay in delivery won’t be an extended one and I’m hoping it will arrive EARLY tomorrow.

LingoVise – I’ve had dogs in the past avoid water like the plague, but my Molly finds water to lay down in wherever we go and loves to play in the surf at Dog Beach. I posted a collage of beach photos with Molly on a Fun Monday post about ‘a favorite walk’ a while back.

Kahshe Cottager – I couldn’t … and didn’t. What a cute animated doggie avatar you have! Thanks for leaving a link to yours ;--)

Carletta – I’m glad you enjoyed all the photos here.

Corey~living and loving – This Chocolate Lab was even friendlier with strangers than my Molly … who’s a little shy for a Lab.

Widdle Shamrock – Keeping my fingers crossed for an early Monday delivery …

Babooshka and Rayne I was delighted to discover the duck photo at Flickzzz a while back and am happy to share here.

Rhea – Your Lab sounds a lot like my Molly who’s also a ‘Yellow’ by breed … but almost completely white in color. She’s been featured in earlier Camera Critter posts and clicking on the label Molly underneath this post will take you to those. I can hardly wait for the new laptop!!!

Gretchen – Definitely … and he kept dropping a tennis ball at my feet so how could I resist throwing it?

Sharon – Thanks … I love Labs too.

Sandy (I beati) – Glad you enjoyed the quote along with the dog pictures. I try to end each post with one.

Raven – Thanks … I need to check the OSI theme for this week because I don’t know what it is. I’ll probably post mine toward mid-week as I usually do, but I’ll keep this quote in mind as I do.

B. Roan – A neighbor had a lovely chocolate male for about 13 years. He was the sweetest, best behaved pooch I’d ever met and that’s why I looked for a Chocolate to adopt … but Molly (a white ‘Yellow”) is what I wound up with) and she’s a sweetie too ;--)

To all – I hope you’ve had a wonderful weekend. I appreciate you spending a bit of it with me here at Small Reflections.
Hugs and blessings,

Momisodes said...

What a gorgeous lab! I adore these pics :)

storyteller said...

Sandy – This Chocolate Lab was great company for me while I was in Taos, especially because I was missing Molly. The garden where he hung out was an especially lovely place to photograph … and in which to sit and write. I hope to return some day. Thanks for dropping by. I’m sorry I’m behind at Momisodes, but you know I’ll catch up ASAP. Right now I’ve got to turn off my new Dell and get to my PSE6 class or I’ll be late.
Hugs and blessings,

storyteller said...

Practically at home – Yup, you’re right about that! Looks like you left your comment as I was leaving my response to everyone else and I overlooked it when leaving a response to Sandy, but I’m happy to notice it and respond today. Thanks for leaving the link to yours here.
Hugs and blessings,

Tina Coruth said...

Storyteller,

I love labs! They are the greatest dog, the greatest companions! These photos are beautiful!

hugs,
Tina

Tina Coruth said...

Storyteller,

I love labs! They are the greatest dog, the greatest companions! These photos are beautiful!

hugs,
Tina

Tina Coruth said...

Storyteller,

I love labs! They are the greatest dog, the greatest companions! These photos are beautiful!

hugs,
Tina

Tina Coruth said...

Storyteller,

I'm sorry. I don't know why my post showed up 3 times. :-(

hugs,
Tina

storyteller said...

Tina – Labs are great dogs and I do love my Molly. I’m glad you enjoyed the photos. I have no idea why your comment showed up 3 times, but it made me smile … and that’s a good thing always. Thanks for catching up this way. It’s been fun revisiting last week’s posts with you.
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails