Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Blog Blast for Peace ~ A Revolution of Words



Blog Blast for Peace
June 4, 2008


I'm joining Mimi Lenox and many other bloggers in the 4th Blog Blast for Peace (for a 2nd time this morning) ... and invite YOU to join the wave today on your Blog. Just click Mimi's link and read the directions for getting your own Peace Globe to personalize and publish. Then follow the directions to share with others through her official sites ... and visit others blogging for peace today.

A little while ago I posted my 1st Blog Blast for Peace at SacredRuminations ... and I hope you'll visit it too since that Peace Globe (and post) is different than this one. I refer you also to my 7th Heads or Tails post containing Quotes and Images of Peace (as well as links to others who participated that week).

~ ~ ~

Today I offer a variety of Thoughts for Today on the topic of Peace ... hoping one or more will 'resonate' with you ... to carry forth into the day ahead. He's my 'baker's dozen' ;--)

1. "One is left with the horrible feeling now that war settles nothing; that to win a war is as disatrous as to lose one." Agatha Christie

2. "War is an invention of the human mind. The human mind can invent peace with justice." Norman Cousins

3. "It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them." Alfred Adler

4. "Out of clutter, find simplicity. From discord, find harmony. In the middle of difficulty, lies opportunity." Albert Einstein

5. "We cannot change the past, but we can change our attitude toward it. Uproot guilt and plant forgiveness. Tear out arrogance and seed humility. Exchange love for hate --- thereby, making the present comfortable and the future promising." Maya Angelou

6. "If you want to make peace, you don't talk to your friends. You talk to your enemies." Moshe Dayan

7. "Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent." Issac Assimov

8. "If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how?" Joan Baez

9. "This will be our reply to violence: to make music more intensely, more beautifully, more devotedly than ever before." Leonard Bernstein

10. "Peace is that state in which fear of any kind is unknown." John Buchan

11. "Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned." Buddha

12. "It's not so much that we're afraid of change or so in love with the old ways, but it's that place in between that we fear .... It's like being between trapezes. It's Linus when his blanket is in the dryer. There's nothing to hold on to." Marilyn Ferguson

13. "Nothing is so strong as gentleness; nothing so gentle as real strength." St Francis de Sales


Which (if any) speak to you?
and/or
Do you have a favorite you'd like to add?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, I love all of them. I can't even pick just one!

Peace and blessings to you.

Ivanhoe said...

This would be also a great Thursday 13 post :o)
Here is my favorite from your list:
"It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them."
Have a very peaceful day, Storyteller!

Tina Coruth said...

Storyteller,

They are all wonderful. I guess the one that stands out to me today is "If you want to make peace, you don't talk to your friends. You talk to your enemies." Moshe Dayan. It makes great sense and has been on my mind because I have heard words to that effect very often during the last many months from Barack Obama, our democratic candidate for president! There is hope, yet!
hugs,
Tina

Julie said...

So many globes...so overwhelming. I really like your's.

Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it. Ps. 34:14

Unknown said...

You are wonderful and I seriously enjoyed all these!

Mom Knows Everything said...

What wonderful quotes! Peace to you and all the people of the world!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful quotations!

Raven said...

Another great post. I almost used that Norman Cousin's quote. (I love Norman C.) Lots of wonderful quotes here and another lovely peace globe. Peace.

MaR said...

Love your post, peace globe and quotes. Beautiful!
Peace !

ShannonW said...

"We cannot change the past, but we can change our attitude toward it. Uproot guilt and plant forgiveness. Tear out arrogance and seed humility. Exchange love for hate --- thereby, making the present comfortable and the future promising." Maya Angelou

Maya Angelou was/is awesome!

-tnchick- said...

Very nice Peace Globe - I love the quote you've chosen.

Peace be with you.
-- The Bible: Genesis XLIII. 23

Akelamalu said...

I love your peace globe and the post on it. Peace to you and yours my friend. xx

Jennifer Chasse said...

I love your globe and you quotes. Thanks for visiting mine. Have a lot of peace today and everyday.

Momisodes said...

Those are some very powerful quotes. I must say that I love, "It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them." by Alfred Adler, and "Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned." by Buddha. I had not heard of these before, but love many of them. Thank you :)

Anonymous said...

Great to see you on board and what a nice Globe!
Mine is up too :-)
Hello from Norway - peace to you and yours!

Sandee said...

Very well said. Bravo. Peace to you and yours. :)

RW said...

That was great ST! very awesome!! :D

peppylady (Dora) said...

All are good but I like 5 and 13 the best.

Thanks for stopping in.

Joyce said...

My favorites are the quotes from Albert Einstein and St. Francis de Sales. :)

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

Beautiful globe and thanks for your message of peace to the world.
Peace be unto you and all of us.I enjoyed your quotes too.
Peace begins with a smile


My Peace Post

SandyCarlson said...

No. 13 is mine for today! Great list, Storyteller. Thanks.

storyteller said...

I apologize for being S L O W to respond here. I wish I had time to respond to each of you individually (as I usually do), but I think I have visited each of your blogs and left comments there. I would like to leave a collective THANK YOU here. Finding comments always lifts my spirits … so I appreciate each of you dropping by and sharing your thoughts. I wish for you all a peace-filled day, every day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

maryt/theteach said...

storyteller, they all speak to me. What a great post for Peace Day! I love your collages of the tennis semi-finals! You did such a nice job! :D

Travis Cody said...

The quotes that speak most to me are the ones that celebrate tolerance and diversity. I feel the path to peace lies in those things.

Peace to you and yours!

NicciN said...

Thanks for this. Right now I resonate most with 6. I also like this one from the Dalai Lama.

If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them.

storyteller said...

Mary, the teach – Thanks! As I pulled these quotes together from a variety of sources, I tried to tell a story of sorts … each, in turn, spoke to me for different reasons. As for my tennis collages, it’s fun to know enough to experiment … but in my Special Saturday class I learned even more (as illustrated in my OSI Week 14 post at Sacred Ruminations). One could spend a lifetime on this stuph ;--)

Travis – I couldn’t agree with you more. As I chatted with my Taos Writing Buddy this weekend, we spoke about the need to find ways to reconnect with people all over the world without politics, economics, military interest, etc getting in the way … just person to person across cultural lines … because (as my other Peace Globe with the Mother Teresa quote reminds us) we’ve forgotten that belong to one another.

Yertle – That one from the Dalai Lama ‘resonates’ with me too … along with the one about Kindness, reminding we can ALWAYS choose be kind to one another.

I appreciate each of you taking the time to visit and respond here and wish you all a peace-filled day, everyday ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails