Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Sunday, June 29, 2008

UM#12 ... my 12th Camera Critters ... and 'stuph'

Scroll down for Camera Critters
I'm participating for the 12th time today.
How about you?

What comes to YOUR mind?

If you'd like to play here, copy and paste the clues in comments along with your responses ... or post on your blog and let me know so I can visit ;--)

Here are MY responses:

I say ... and you think ... ?

  1. Loneliness :: can be positively reframed as Solitude ... a state of being that I value and many might benefit from in these overly busy times
  2. Traffic :: Patterns
  3. Chaos :: Theory
  4. Burp :: Excuse me
  5. 500 :: Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins by Dr. Seuss
  6. Movie :: tickets cost way too much these days
  7. Coma :: title of a book by Michael Crichton I read years ago ... and THE DEAD ZONE by Stephen King
  8. Bark :: Woof (wasn't that a command?) ... or the interesting covering on trees
  9. Stare :: Look for a long time ... while perhaps thinking of something else
  10. Angelina :: Jolie came immediately to mind, but I thought next of Crab Cakes from the 'award-winning' Angelina's of Maryland ... YUM!

Your Turn: I say ... and you think ... ?

  1. Loneliness ::
  2. Traffic ::
  3. Chaos ::
  4. Burp ::
  5. 500 ::
  6. Movie ::
  7. Coma ::
  8. Bark ::
  9. Stare ::
  10. Angelina ::
Click for others 'muttering' today.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Today is my 12th
Misty Dawn started the meme and explains the rules here:
Introductory Information
Meet Golden Doodle puppy, Lucy
visiting in the neighborhood this week & with Molly

I know I posted CC#11 yesterday, but decided to post a 2nd Camera Critter entry this weekend. That way I'll be caught up since I missed the 1st week way back when. The Chocolate Lab featured yesterday helped me 'deal with' missing my Lab while I attended a Writer's Retreat in Taos, NM. Of course, my little girl, Molly, was happily playing 'fur-friends' at Camp Ilene during my two-week road trip last summer ... but here she is playing with Lucy, an 18 month old Golden-Doodle pup who visits occasionally and has been at my neighbor's house for the past week. It's strange to watch them together because 'Labs' play by throwing their entire bodies at one another and (quite differently) 'Goldens' tend to use their paws to 'bat at one another' playfully ... but they both enjoy chasing & retrieving tennis balls ... competing to see who can get there first.
Click for others participating in Camera Critters this weekend.

General Things 'n Stuph
Unfortunately, my new Dell laptop didn't arrive yesterday after all (and there's no new email from DHL this morning) ... but I'm hoping it will show up here tomorrow since I've got my Photoshop class on Tuesday and will be gone all morning. I'd love to be 'setting it up' ... getting things loaded & running today, but instead I'm planning to visit blogs (if this old laptop will cooperate) and catch up on recorded tennis matches.

Even though there have been several upsets, I've enjoyed the tennis at Wimbledon thoroughly this year ... and since they don't play on the middle Sunday of that tournament, I should be all caught up before today ends. Compared with last year, the weather is spectacular and things are 'on schedule' for the most part. All the remaining matches are scheduled for Monday (as planned), so methinks I'll be happily watching (unless 'weather' interrupts play) whether or not my laptop arrives. I'm currently watching Murray & Haas play on Center Court even though I know that Murry ultimately won yesterday ... much to the delight of British fans.

I'm looking forward to having a 'faster' more powerful computer to catch up on blog visits and re-organize my pictures so things are easier to find. I know both are monumental tasks at this point, but believe it's worth the time & effort required. This old workhorse of a machine will get a much needed rest ... and once I get things running on the new one ... I'll dump everything from this one except my 'stock-trading' software and 'financial' stuph. It'll be good to have that running while I blog rather than having to switch back and forth between the tasks.

I hope that everyone is having a wonderful weekend
and plan to post later at Sacred Ruminations too.

Thought for Today
"The dog was created specially for children. He is the god of frolic." Henry Ward Beecher

24 comments:

Teena in Toronto said...

My neighbour has a Labradoodle. She's a very friendly dog.

I played too :)

Rayne said...

Beautiful dog. I had no idea they were that big.

Gretchen said...

What a pretty dog!

Akelamalu said...

Isn't it annoying when you are expecting delivery of something and it doesn't turn up! Hope it arrives tomorrow for you.

Hootin Anni said...

#1!!! A very good thought, and can be true in so many way. High 5

Anonymous said...

Traffic patterns -- what a great answer.

The dogs are great. They look like they are having a wonderful time.

Hope you can stop by mine.

Rhea said...

I love the golden doodle. Very beautiful! And, I still can't get over how much your Molly looks like my Annie.

I also love the picture of the duck with the baby ducks on top. Way too cute.

But, dogs are my favorite. Especially big ones. :o)

Melsy626 said...

Thanks for stopping by my mutterings!!! Love your well thought out answers!!! :) Enjoy your Sunday!!

Eve said...

I always enjoy your mutterings. Sometimes we match and sometimes we diverge greatly.

We used to have a dog who was a golden/poodle cross but she didn't look anything like this one. Cassie looked like a smaller version of a long-haired golden retriever with a prettier, poodle face.

maryt/theteach said...

This is an excellent Camera Critters post, storyteller! I'm sorry you haven't received your new lap top...it surely will come soon! :)

Misty DawnS said...

Wow! That Golden doodle is much larger than I realized they would be... all that more adorable though ;-)

Sandy Kessler said...

gregariuous dogs both - good pictures. Strolling along and the quote super sandy

The Gal Herself said...

It's always good to see a happy dog! And I'm glad you and I both have good manners when we burp! (Thanks for visiting my UM)

Michele said...

What a splendid dog... beautiful!!
I am sure you will be relieved when your laptop arrives from wherever it comes from! I know when mine arrived from Dell... my inspiron 1720, it took over 2 months... boy was I relieved!!
Mountain Retreat

threesidesofcrazy said...

cute pup photos!! Thanks for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

I loved your mutterings! #1 was inspiring.

Cute dog, too.

Have a great week!

ShannonW said...

Such a lovely post today! Beautiful dog.

Anonymous said...

Beutiful dogs - the seem to like eachother to. :)

Anonymous said...

Love your responses to the mutterings. I never read Stephen King's book, probably because I'm more into fantasy than into horror or other genres of fiction.

And that is a beautiful dog. Love it! :D

Ivanhoe said...

I sure hope your Dell arrives today. You've been waiting patiently for way too long :o)

Momisodes said...

What a cute Goldiedoodle! I've never seen one in person :)


I think I had some of the same responses!

storyteller said...

Teena in Toronto – I seriously considered a ‘Labradoodle’ in 2005 when deciding to bring another pooch into my happily retired life, but after some research I decided to go with Molly, a purebred ‘yellow’ Lab. The dog pictured is a Golden-Doodle (as in Golden Retriever) rather than a Labrador Retriever like Molly … but she’s a great dog too.

Rayne – Methinks it depends on the size of the parents, and Lucy dad was a Standard Poodle.

Gretchen – She’s gorgeous when she’s clean and groomed (like in this photo), but can look pretty scraggily when dirty and/or in need of a cut ;--)

Akelamalu – Yes … and I’m delighted to have received it on Monday! It’s such fun to have a new toy!

Hootin’ Anni – Thanks … I do enjoy seeing how everyone responds to the words on Sundays.

Jean (at Penny Lane) – I write what comes to mind (though my fingers sometimes disagree with my head and have a tendency to win out when posting).

Rhea – They DO look alike don’t they? I’m always surprised when we meet Molly ‘look-alike’ labs and a few weeks ago when we met one with the same name, it was very cool. I shared photos in a Camera Critters post on May 25th. My Molly’s wearing the purple collar and her namesake has a blue collar … on the red leash

Melsy626 – It was my pleasure to do so. I love seeing what everyone does with the words each week.

Eve – Thanks. I guess you never know which features will show up when breeds are mixed like this … not only physically, but also with their behavior and temperament … and that’s why I ultimately went with a purebred Lab this time around.

Mary, the teach – Why thank you so much! My new laptop DID arrive on Monday, and I love it already.

Misty Dawn – Lucy is a delightful pooch … a bit clumsy and clownish … but endearing to all.

Sandy Kessler – I’m glad you enjoyed the photos and the quote.

The Gal Herself – Heheh … good manners is something we could use more of in our world don’tcha think?

Michele (RockyMtnGirl) – I am immensely relieved … and that’s exactly what mine is – an Inspiron 1720! I guess I should be grateful mine arrived in 3 weeks. Isn’t it a wonderful machine?

Tamy (3 Sides of Crazy) – You’re quite welcome and thanks for the return visit.

Princess Yaffa – I’m glad. Thanks for the kind words. Yours were ‘thoughtful’ as well. I wondered whether anyone would think of the comet for Coma. Well done!

Shannon – Thanks for the kind words ;--)

Zoey – Yes, they do enjoy their ‘play dates’ when Lucy visits the neighborhood.

Tien – Thanks. I’ve enjoyed Stephen King’s work most of the time and his most recent novel, Duma Key, reminds me a great deal of his early writings. It’s excellent. I enjoy fantasy too however.

Ivanhoe – I’m not sure how patient I was … though I certainly TRIED to relax and roll with things. I’m delighted it’s finally here however.

Sandy – I love the term ‘goldiedoodle’ and may adopt it myself ;--)

To all again – I’m delighted to read and respond to your comments and appreciate your patience … hope you checked the little box to receive follow-ups in email so you see this. Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Hugs and blessings,

Tina Coruth said...

Storyteller,

Very pretty dog! Nice photos!

Loneliness :: quiet
Traffic :: cop
Chaos :: theory
Burp :: baby
500 :: Indy
Movie :: theater
Coma :: Dead Zone
Bark :: Oscar
Stare :: blink
Angelina :: Jolie (I'm so predictable!) LOL

I see we got some in common again! These are fun!

hugs,
Tina

storyteller said...

Tina – I’m glad you enjoyed the photos. Thanks for sharing your ‘mutterings’ here in comments. Yez … it seems we DID have answers in common. I’m still wondering why I didn’t think of ‘baby’ for burp however. It’s seems so natural …
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails