Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Heads or Tails #11 --- Wait or Weight

HoTs is hosted by Skittles at Heads or Tails but it seems (now that I've created and published this post) it's been cancelled this week. Because I have no time to produce anything else tonight and have my Photoshop Class tomorrow morning, I've opted to leave this in place for all who pass by in my absence.


This week's theme/prompt is :

HEADS *OR* TAILS - Wait *OR* Weight
... but I've opted to do both. Indecision plagues me at times.

These images reflect my current thoughts
about WEIGHT.













I suspect most of us eagerly aWAIT this in our world!

however



I, for one, and TIRED of computer hassles ...

and can hardly WAIT for THIS ...

but (alas) whenever I check the 'status' of my order ...


I learn that it's 'in production' ...
rather than on it's way to my house.
Sigh!

Next week's theme/prompt is ...
HEADS - Line

Click for others participating in HoTs today.
Maggie put a Mr. Linky on her blog.
So did Forgetfulone, Baby~amore
and SassyMamaBear.

So ... did anyone else watch Rocco and Tiger in the playoff Monday? That seems like one for the record books. Rocco (at 45) did an amazing job over the 5 days ... and around the 10th hole when things looked bleak, he dug deep and came back ... pushing Tiger to the limit ... forcing a 'sudden death' continuation. But in Tiger-like fashion, Wood prevailed and won his 14th title ... winning for the 7th time at Torrey Pines. Pretty kewl ;--)

Thought for Today
"If you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there." Lewis Carroll

26 comments:

Momisodes said...

LOL at those weight cartoons! I can certainly relate to those these days.

So sorry to hear about your computer. I hope it goes into the mail and arrives shortly :)

Betty said...

I liked your take on wait and weight. I especially liked the cartoons involving the scales. Those are cute.

Have a good week.

Anonymous said...

I too, was organised for the Heads or Tails meme early and even posted it in anticipation. Hehehehe.

I loved your cartoons and the haiku which you had linked.

my head or tails was about 'wait' and it up at my livejournal
http://bevies-place.livejournal.com/#bevies_place27662

Forgetfulone said...

Great post! I didn't even want to mention my weight! Your new computer looks awesome. Come check my HoT out if you have time.
http://forgetfulone.blogspot.com/2008/06/hurry-up-and-wait.html

Anonymous said...

Very nicely done! I do hope your new computer gets there soon.

I'll mention here, too, just in case, that I added a Mr Linky to my post this week since the official one has been canceled if people would like to put their links out there.

Anonymous said...

LOL - the cartoons are a hoot!

Raven said...

What an enjoyable post. Loved the cartoons. I hope your computer arrives soon.

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

very creative and funny Storyteller .
I enjoyed this take on wait /weight.

I hope the new computer arrives soon. It will be worth the wait.

MY H o T is up
My Little Drummer boys
warm regards
Trish

Susan Demeter said...

My thoughts on weight and scales exactly! Happy HOT day!

My entry is here

I played too :)

Hootin Anni said...

Yes, we are golfers [well, not AVID golfers] but this US Open made history didn't it? I was almost...well 99.99 percent sure Tiger would not make it. What a finish!!

I LOVE your weight cartoons. Now those made me laugh. I'm going to print them out and hang them right over the scales in my bathroom. Kinda give that darned contraption a bit of a 'scare' tactic!!

Have a great day.

Mercedes said...

Love your weight cartoons~I have seen the first one and I still love it! I am with you on the computer problems-I believe I need a new modem. I watched the playoffs~had to finish watching it on the computer-aaaahhhh. I watched the U.S. Open on and off for the five days it was on.

Blast From the Past at my place!

Happy HoTs!
Mere

Unknown said...

I too feel that way about the weight thing right now and I kinda feel like that about waiting sometimes. :)

Eve said...

I love your thoughts on weight. I feel that way frequently myself.

ShannonW said...

LOL Great cartoons!

I played along too

Here

Happy HoT!

Karen said...

What a great quote--it's like a great weight has been lifted. There are many aspects to my life in which I have no idea where I'm headed--but even within that uncertainty, there can still be peace. I can still relax and enjoy the trip.

Unknown said...

I love the cartoons and fully concur as my post attested.
Sorry you are having computer troubles seems to be happening to many as of late.

Thanks for dropping by The Cafe.

Maria's Space said...

Those weight cartoons are too funny. Love it.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh...what a lovely machine you're waiting for there! I can certainly imagine your excitement to get it! :)

MiLeT said...

love the cartoons!

thanks for visiting my blog.

Berni said...

Loved the cartoon. Yes I feel a lot like that sometimes. Pity the HoT was cancelled this week. I quite enjoy it

Annabel said...

haha, i love the weight cartoons, they're exactly how i relate to things!

Anonymous said...

Those weight cartoons...wow I can relate to that second one sometimes.

This was a really cool blog. =]

storyteller said...

To all of you - I’m glad I left the comment (with a link back here) at Skittles ‘Heads or Tails’ Hub ... and appreciate each of you dropping by even though HoTs was officially ‘canceled’ this week. Seems like most everyone enjoyed the ‘weight’ cartoons. I actually found those in the Blogosphere a while back, and it was fun to share them here.

Methinks I’ve visited each of your blogs and left comments on your Tuesday post, but if I missed anyone … please accept my heartfelt apology. I always enjoy seeing how others respond to the weekly theme. I’m finding it next to impossible to do much at night these days and am about to shut the laptop down as soon as I finish responding here. I wish I could leave individual responses here as I usually do, but I can’t even open my email messages at the moment. Hopefully once my new computer arrives I’ll be able to get around more easily and consistently. Hope you’re all having a wonderful week.
Hugs and blessings,

Tina Coruth said...

Storyteller,

I love your weight graphics!

I hope they finish your computer soon. It seems that you have been waiting a long time.

Tiger Woods is amazing. I'm glad he is going to get his knee operated on. I can't imagine playing with those injuries.

Hugs,
Tina

Le Butterfly said...

Those are some of my favourite cartoons - if you want to see the others visit my Weight Post.

storyteller said...

Tina – I’m glad … and me too!!! Actually I’ve been waiting about 12 days … and it SEEMS like forever … probably because I’d been THINKING about ordering a new computer for months. I’m trying to relax and be patient. As for Tiger Woods, the man is amazing … and I certainly hope he gives himself the time he needs to recover fully before playing again.

Simone – Very ‘kewl’ … I love the cartoon collage at your blog! Thanks for visiting and for drawing my attention to your HoTs post.

I wish you both a marvelous Monday!
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails