Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Belated Saturday Memes ... just because

See the NEXT post for
Camera Critters #10 and
Unconscious Mutterings #11.
Read on for Smiley Saturday or
scroll down to the bottom of this post
for my 6th Saturday 9



As many of you know already, I'm a happy camper generally ... (being an eternal optimist seems innate for me) ... and I believe in 'accentuating the positive' as much as possible ... even in the face of adversity. It's been HOT in Southern California and that's added to my 'computer issues' ... which is why I'm creating this SATURDAY post on SUNDAY. It's a little cooler this morning and my laptop hasn't 'balked yet' ... so after posting my Camera Critters & Unconscious Mutterings, I decided to check the Saturday 9 questions (answered below) and share some SMILES today ... just because I could.

1. I'm delighted with the changes I've made on each of my blogs ... and have more plans to implement when possible. Several of you have indicated that Small Reflections loads faster and it's easier to leave comments. I'm relieved to have figured out a way to make that happen. You can read about the process in my HF#49- Changes.

2. I love the 'ducky' photo at the top of my page (found a while back at Flickzzz or Cute Overload Press perhaps and saved ... but lost amid my files until it surfaced while I looked for something else this weekend). Gotta love serendipity! I also like the 'giraffe' photo I've added to the top of Sacred Ruminations and the changes I've made to the About Me section of my sidebars. Those 'category links' permit visitors (and me) to find specific types of posts on each of my blogs easily.

3. Although it's quite possible no one other than me will ever visit and/or comment on the NEW blog I created this weekend ... I like the look ... and am happy moving 'stuph' from here to there has made things work smoother here at Small Reflections.

4. If you've not discovered Chris at Ms Cellania who participates in Witty Wednesday, you're in for a treat. The previous link takes you to all her Witty Wednesday posts. This week is her 54th entitled Irish Dog. I drop by whenever I need a chuckle, and hope you will too.

5. If you missed my 7 Really Good Things last week, I hope you'll check it out today. I keep learning how to do new things at Blogger and it's fun to share.

So ... that will wrap up my belated Smiley Saturday for now ... though I plan to post again at Sacred Ruminations (as I usually do on Sundays) if my computer cooperates.

Click for others participating in Smiley Saturday this week.


This is my 6th...

1. The other day I purchased gas for $3.96, which was less than the $4.37 my local station charges per gallon. What is the current gas price in your area for regular?
I filled up at Costco (because I was there) on Thursday ... paid more than $51 for 11 gallons (about half a tank) ... at a price of $4.499 for regular (premium was $4.699 ) ... 30 cents/gallon less than stations around my neighborhood. Sigh! I'm grateful I don't need to drive much any more.

2. Will your vacation plans be altered by the price of gas?
I hadn't made 'vacation plans' for this year because I'm still recovering from last summer's road trip to Taos, New Mexico for the Writer's Retreat that got me started blogging and I've just spent a 'chunk of change' for a new computer ... though it's 'still in production' rather than on it's way here. Sighing once more ... probably because it's HOT again ... already. At least I live at the beach. I feel for folks inland right now ... especially where the fires are burning (and, of course, for those in the Midwest dealing with flooding), so I'm counting my blessings as always.

3. Is there any movie this summer that you're looking forward to seeing?
I've not seen a film at the theater in several years ... so probably not. I'll be catching up on Cable as last year's films show up ... and seeing this year's films next year I suppose. It works for me.

4. Gas prices aside, what is your favorite vacation destination?
Currently ... my front patio. I do love Hawaii ... and am thinking about the Maui Writer's Conference this fall because the brochure just surfaced again.

5. Will you watch more film on DVD than in theaters this summer?
Definitely ... though I'll watch even more using my DVR.

6. Will you fly anywhere this summer?
I don't think so ... unless my impulses get the better of us and I register for the Maui Writer's Conference. One never knows ;--)

7. Guess: How high will a gallon of gas peak at?
Who knows? Probably more than most of us WANT to pay ... and as high as the market will bear. The news is reporting that use of mass transit has increased in recent months here in So Cal and that more folks are using the 'park and ride' options available in some areas.

8. Will gas prices effect who you vote for in this fall's election?
Probably not. There are so many more urgent issues for me ... like ending the war in Iraq and using that 'wasted money' to pay down debt (rather than add to it) and for programs that benefit people.

9. How much will the price of home heating oil effect you?
Because the ocean 'stabilizes' temperatures in a narrower range than 'inland' areas ... I suspect it won't have much of an impact on me directly.

Thought for Today
"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." H. L. Mencken, Minority Report, 1956

10 comments:

Karen said...

The blog DOES seem to be loader quicker--nice work!

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

I had read that your front patio had become a huge vacation destination! Good to know it is true...

jennyr said...

good point on ur #8!i'm new to this meme, hope you can check me out my late saturday 9 here!

ShannonW said...

Great Belated Saturday post..it was worth the wait!

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

I love that duck photo - that is so cool. (I know you might be wishing COOL right now)

I am just clicking through all your links now. You are a busy lady Storyteller.

Thanks for all the smiles.

Fuel prices here are horrendous too .

storyteller said...

Karen – I’m so glad to know this … makes it all worth-while. Thanks for dropping by my NEW blog and leaving a comment there too ;--)

Bud Weiser – Heheh … yup! I just came inside after spending an hour or so sitting out there while visiting on the cell phone with my sister who’s traveling in Toronto, Canada at the moment. It’s much nicer out there and it is in my family room. If I had my NEW computer, I could be blogging from there ;--)

JennyR – Thanks for the visit and the link to your mutterings. I wish gas was $3.89/gallon here!

Shannon – What a nice compliment. Thanks so much for dropping by on Sunday ;--)

Trish (Baby~amore) – I loved the duck photo when I discovered it a while back and saved it figuring it might come in handy. When I was making changes, it surfaced and I added it this weekend. I’m delighted you had time to check out some of my links today. One of the joys of ‘retirement’ is having ‘discretionary time’ to do what I choose. Lately I’ve been a bit TOO busy … but it’s been fun for the most part. It’ll be even MORE fun once my new laptop arrives because it’ll have 4 Gigs of RAM and be fast … fast … fast!!!

To all – Thanks for making my day by leaving your comments. I hope you all checked the little box so you’ll receive my response in email.
Hugs and blessings,

Anonymous said...

A bit late getting here - I'm having computer issues too.

You have some lovely reasons to smile. Well done with your blog tweaking. Sometimes it's tough to figure things out, but there's a great sense of achievement when you finally get it right.

I love the duck photo. A typical mum. (I assume it's not the male!)

Anonymous said...

Hi - visiting from Saturday 9. I am with you on getting a new computer over a vacation. My husband is complaining that he never gets on the computer anymore!

storyteller said...

Journeyer – I so understand ‘computer issues’ … and am looking forward to the arrival of my new laptop with much eagerness. Thanks … I do feel pleased with the ‘tweaking’ (and the figuring out of things) and actually added a post this morning to my 3rd blog … much to MY surprise. Who knew?

Trish (at another piece of the puzzle) – Ah … sharing my computer time with anyone would be difficult for me these days. Are you thinking about a new purchase yourself? Seems my Dell is still ‘in production’ this morning, so I’m not likely to have it by Thursday as initially promised. Guess I’ll need to muddle through with this old workhorse a while longer!

I’m delighted to find your comments this morning. Thanks so much for visiting and may you have a peace-filled day … filled with smiles … every day.
Hugs and blessings,

Tina Coruth said...

Storyteller,

Yes, your blog does load much faster. It is easy to go back and forth from the blog to the comments. Before I had to open the comments in a new tab. If I forgot and just double clicked, it would take a long time to get to the comments page and back to the main page. Now I don't give it a second thought. You've done an outstanding job!!! I love the duck photo, too!

hugs,
Tina

Related Posts with Thumbnails