Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Friday, June 20, 2008

HF #49 - Changes: I've been 'productively' busy this morning ... (and this afternoon too)


You may (or may not)
have seen
a NEW blog listed
on my
Blog Profile.

Hopefully this change
will correct problems without
generating new

challenges ... we'll see!
I have moved my Blog Rolls and
'summary' Bling posts

in hopes these changes
will help Small Reflections load
more quickly ... and that

leaving comments will
be less agonizingly
slow & tedious

for all visitors
plus make publishing my posts
easier as well.

I've modified the
About Me section in my
sidebars to reflect

these alterations
and updated links therein
to help visitors

find whatever they're
seeking ... although this laptop
over heated and

shut down several times
making it more challenging
to complete this post.

It is 6:20
and methinks I'll simply stop
and publish it now.

~ ~ ~

Addendum: 4:15am Saturday morning
I intended to share awards yesterday, but it got so late (and this old laptop was working so slowly) that I decided to skip that. This morning, however, I'm adding a couple of awards created and shared by Tammy of Mom Knows Everything ... way back in early May as she celebrated her 1st Blogoversary. Somehow they got 'lost' in my files until they surfaced yesterday while I moved my 'Awards & Bling' to my new blog and updated it.

I'd like to offer them to all who leave a comment below to show my appreciation, and if time permits, I hope you'll also check out my 48th Haiku Friday by clicking the link below the awards. You'll find more surprises there ;--)




My 48th Haiku Friday is at
Sacred Ruminations

For a Mr. Linky to other Haiku Fridays
go to A Mommy Story or
Playgroups are no Place for Children.

To see more previous Haikus,
click on the Haiku Friday label below this post
or in the sidebar under About Me.

Thought for Today
"Time is a dressmaker specializing in alterations." Faith Baldwin

10 comments:

Momisodes said...

Wow! You've been quite the busy bee :) I don't think I've ever had any troubles loading pages on either blog. I love the new stuff you've added.

Hope the new computer arrives soon!

The Laundress said...

So cute.

Haiku and a story/explanation all in one.

Yay you.

storyteller said...

Sandy (of Momisodes) – Yup … I was as busy yesterday as my laptop would let me be and methinks I’m happy with the changes. I’m delighted that you’ve not had difficulty accessing my blogs and appreciate the ‘kudos’ you’ve shared in your comment. FYI … I’ve added a bit of ‘bling’ to this post Saturday morning (something I’d intended to do yesterday but gave up on) … so feel free to drop back by and ‘snag’ whatever strikes your fancy to enjoy and pass along.

JJ! (the Laundress) – Thanks. I noticed your comment by as I was responding to Sandy just now. I appreciate the visit and hope I’d published ‘the bling’ additions before you dropped by. Feel free to pass these awards on to your blogging buddies too.

I hope you BOTH have a delightful day!
Hugs and blessings,

Akelamalu said...

My, you have been busy!

An explanation in Haiku - ingenius! :)

Anonymous said...

Nicely done! The changes and explaining in haiku both :)

storyteller said...

Akelamalu – Yup … busy me indeed … and ya know how I love Haiku … almost as much as you love Wordzzls and Friday Fiction I suspect ;--)

Maggie – Thanks! You write intricate Haiku about your memories and I write them about what's happening to me in the present ... but we both seem to enjoy the poetic form.

I’d hate to confess just how long I spent making these changes … nor how many times my computer ‘locked up’ on me in the middle of things. I’ve had it off for several hours this afternoon while Molly and I hung out in the shade out front … and I’m hoping to get a few things done before it overheats again. Temperatures here in So Cal are unseasonably HOT the past few days … and there’s no relief coming for several more days.I don’t know if anyone will ever visit my 3rd blog, but it was kind of fun to move ‘stuph’ over there, and if it speeds things up here … it was worth the time & effort. Of course, if I’d waited until the new computer arrived, it wouldn’t have been so tedious and time consuming ;--)
Thanks to both of you for visiting and sharing your thoughts.
Hugs and blessings,

Tina Coruth said...

Storyteller,

You did a great job. I noticed that your blog loads much faster! This is wonderful!

hugs,
Tina

storyteller said...

Tina – Ah … I’m delighted to know someone benefited from all my efforts! Thanks for the kudos … and for all the comments. I suspect I’ll be discovering and responding to them for a while and that will be FUN indeed ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Karen said...

It amazes me how much you accomplish--and this is just what you choose to share--who knows what else you're up to! ;)

storyteller said...

Karen – Interesting observation (one that has me thinking reflectively this morning actually) … I guess I do accomplish a lot most days, though there’s always so much I don’t get around to that it never seems like enough somehow. As I type this, I realize it’s a thought to ‘release’ … so thanks for the kudos, but remember I’m not caring for an active and inquisitive 5 year old like you are ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails