Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Monday, June 9, 2008

Manic Monday#1 ... Musings and More ...

It's clear to me that I'm doing too much
and need to slow down
somehow ...
It's late in the day ... and I'm uninspired, but thought I'd try my hand at Manic Monday for the first time. Apparently this is #120, so it's been around a while.

1. What is your ideal age?
Methinks it's right now (and always has been) ... so for me
that's 63 ... Retired life is pretty kewl ;--)

2. What is your best excuse for being late?
I don't often NEED an excuse, because I'm usually early wherever I go ... and alway have been. When I am late, honesty seems like the best policy.

3. If you had to give yourself a nickname, what would it be?
Hmmmm ... I've dubbed myself 'storyteller' here in the Blogosphere, and methinks it suits me for now, so I'll stick with it ... though I do like being 'a nonny mouse' too.
The French Open Men's Final

Sadly ... the Men's Tennis Championship match wasn't nearly as exciting as the Women's Final this year. I had great hopes for a highly competitive match between Rafa and Roger given their last match in Hamburg ... ('best of three sets' ... won by Federer) ... but Nadal played magnificently from the first point and Federer looked 'flat' from the start, and 'stunned' within a few games. Both men's semi-final matches were more exciting to watch. One wonders whether Roger's extended bout of Mononucleosis has some lingering effects on his energy levels or whether Rafa has improved that much in such a short time? With Wimbledon just two weeks off, I'm hopeful Roger gets some rest and regains his energy levels and finesse ... or we're likely to see a new champion there.

Ana Ivanovic with French Open Trophy
Photo source Yahoo Sports
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
It's been a while since I've shared a Blogthing ...
and since it's 'beach' weather here
I chose this ;--)
What the Beach Test Says
About You?


You like people, but you're careful about who you get close to. Friendship is important to you... so important that you aren't just friends with anyone. (This doesn't seem terribly accurate to me because I'm friendly with just about everyone I encounter.).

You don't fall in love easily. It takes you a long time to get used to someone. Intimacy doesn't come easily for you. (Once upon a time I did 'fall in love easily' ... but life has taught me to be a bit more cautious in love.)

You are a passionate person. You are free wheeling, fun loving, and ruled by your emotions. (This is true to a certain extent, but I'm not RULED by my emotions ... though I am 'attuned' to them.)

Your sense of humor is goofy and silly. You are good at making almost anyone laugh. (I've never been good at telling jokes, but folks around me do smile and laugh often ... and that's a good thing because laughter is healing).
The Beach Test
Come on ... you KNOW you want to find out and share
either in comments below, or on your blog.
Just leave me a link if you
do the latter ;--)
Thought for Today
"It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are." ~ e.e. cummings

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Manic Monday - it's always nice to see a new face. Like you, I'm rarely late - and I'm happy with my current age :). Happy MM!

Tina Coruth said...

Storyteller,

That Manic Monday icon is very funny! I'm rarely late and I am happy with my current age, which is 58. If I gave myself a nickname, it would be Stargazer!

We seem to be a lot alike. I came up with the same result for the Beach test!

Have a great week!
hugs,
Tina

Janet said...

I like your answers :-)

Here's the results from the beach test:

You like people, but you're careful about who you get close to. Friendship is important to you... so important that you aren't just friends with anyone. [very true]

You fall in love with ease and confidence. Even if you've had bad experiences in the past, each new love is a reason to start completely over. [yup]

You are deeply passionate about several things in your life. You're not passionate about much... and the few passions you have are truly obsessions. [fond of snape? depp? photography? check.]

Your sense of humor is very physical. Your facial expressions or spot on imitations of people are hilarious. [it's why i love the Marx Brothers]

MiLeT said...

nice manic monday and test. thanks for the drop to my blog.

Joyce said...

Hi, Storyteller,

I came up with the same results on the beach test.Silly test. :P

I miss the child-bearing years, but am finally reconciled to being in the GrammaMomma years, and that's my nickname as well. :)

Have a lovely evening. :)

The Gal Herself said...

Welcome to Manic Monday and congrats on your first-even MM answers (and thanks for visiting my Manic Monday). I scrolled down andread your responses to Unconscious Mutterings and now have Nat King Cole's voice running through my head (and it's a lovely voice to have there).

Keri said...

Great answers! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope you keep joining us every monday!

Karen said...

Storyteller seems like a great nickname to me!

My beach test says I'm a loner and that I'm fine with that--true. Also, that I never feel lonelier than when I'm in a crowd--mostly true (the Taos retreat seems to have been the exception). I'm also an amazingly passionate person--which I like to think is true.

I liked that one!

Momisodes said...

I used to always be punctual. Actually I was voted "most likely to be early for work" at my nursing school banquet at graduation :)

Then I became a mom, and now I'm perpetually late. Even while blogging.

Hope you're taking it easy this week and slowing down.

Susan said...

Thanks for commenting on my Manic Monday, great way to here from new people!

ShannonW said...

Welcome to your first Manic Monday :)

I did not know you are 63! You rock!

Teena in Toronto said...

I'm usually early too.

I played too :)

storyteller said...

I’m happy I decided to participate in Manic Monday for the first time this week. The questions got me started on this post when I might have been tempted to skip a day … totally ruining my Blog 365 record. Once my fingers got moving, the rest flowed more easily, and finding all your comments is ‘icing on the cake’ without the calories.

Thanks to all for taking the time to visit and share your thoughts (and Beach Quiz results). Welcome first-time visitors and ‘nice to see ya’ to my more regular readers. If I’ve not visited you lately, I’ll do my best to get there this morning … after I figure out what to share here (and possibly at Sacred Ruminations) … before I head out for my afternoon ‘hair-cut’ and errands. I wish for you all a peace-filled day, every day!
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails