Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #27 - Quarter Final Photos

If you're not 'into' tennis
yesterday's Blog Blast for Peace
contains 13 Quotes to Ponder instead.
13 Collaged Photos of
French Open Tennis Quarter Finalists
(in action on Tuesday & Wednesday
(June 3 & 4, 2008)

Photo source: Yahoo Sports
A Brief Poetic Match Update
As expected Rafa won his
match with Amalgro
likewise Djokovic defeated
Gulbis and although
Gonzales managed to sneak
off with the first set
Federer roared back and the
next three did Roger get.

Janokovic won easily 'gainst
Suarez Navarro ...
Ivanovic defeated the
Swiss, Schnyder ... but 'tho
Dementieva looked like she
had the match in hand
Safina determinedly pullled
off another grand
upset like she did against
Maria previously!
Svetta Kuznetsova won her
match with Kanepi.

Frenchman Gael Monfils defeated
the Spaniard Ferrer
in four sets on Center Court,
the 'home' of Federer.
~ ~ ~
In the Semi-Finals
Federer will play against Monfils
and Nadal plays Djokovic
Ivanovic plays against Jankovic
and Kuznetsova plays Safina
~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

View More Thursday Thirteen Participants

Get the Thursday Thirteeen code here!

For easy access, I’ve listed more T-13 links along with the Thursday Thirteen Blogroll to the bottom of my sidebar.

Thought for Today
"It's difficult for most people to imagine the creative process in tennis. Seemingly it's just an athletic matter of hitting the ball consistently well within the boundaries of the court. The analysis is just as specious as thinking that the difficulty in portraying King Lear on the stage is learning all the lines." Virginia Wade

16 comments:

Lori said...

Nope, im not a tennis fan but I did play it in High School. I dont like to watch any sports on TV but come Football season, I wont have a choice:( Happy TT. Great tribute. Thanks for stopping by.

SandyCarlson said...

Not my sport (I think), but I signed up my kid for lessons. It is an elegant game when played well. Thanks for sharing a glimpse of "played well."

Unknown said...

I've never been a big tennis fan. Kewl post though. Happy T13!

Hootin Anni said...

I had to stop and watch some of it they were showing here on ESPN, and thought of you while watching!!!

Wylie Kinson said...

Like those before me, I'm not a fan of tennis, although... I was in a shop yesterday and they had it playing on a big screen and I was riveted!! The rallies (? I think that's the term?) just went on and on for an impressive amount of time. Made me wish I knew a bit more about the sport so I could figure out who was winning!
I can only remember the name of one player - Ferrer.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

I haven't watched tennis in years, but those pictures you just posted might be enough to get me to start again. The level of athleticism and strength in the pictures is awesome.

Anonymous said...

Man... After seeing these pics... I miss Andres Agassi in the court.

karisma said...

Well, I don't really watch the tennis but we all know I love a bit of poetry! Well done!

Denise Patrick said...

Great TT. Since I don't have cable, my sister usually keeps me up to date on all the Grand Slam tournaments. But, we got out of sync on the French Open. Thanks for filling in.

Happy TT!

Tina Coruth said...

Storyteller,

That's a nice collage! :-)

hugs,
Tina

Robin said...

I'm not a tennis fan either, but I enjoyed the sports photos.

Betty said...

Hi Virginia,

I have never been interested in tennis. However, it was an interesting take on Thursday Thirteen. Mine is up and gives 13 things about me that begin with the letter "N". Hope you can visit.

Anonymous said...

Nice job! I don't follow tennis, and I'm not good at it, but it is fun, and so is your post :)

storyteller said...

Thanks everybody for dropping by while I was at class yesterday morning and trying to catch up with LIFE all afternoon … and creating Photoshop Collages for my Haiku Friday all evening. I think I’ve visited everyone … and left comments on your blogs. If I missed you I apologize, and will try to do better when things calm down a bit … once the French Open ends this weekend. I hope you’re all having a wonderful week ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Ann said...

I'm a little late, but I made it. :)
Cool post. I don't watch much tennis on tv, but I usually try to catch at least some of Wimbledon. I took tennis lessons when I was little, several years before they realized just how much I needed glasses. To this day hearing someone say watch the ball makes me want to smack them. *g*

storyteller said...

Ann – I’m even later in responding, but late is always better than never! Your experience with ‘glasses’ reminds me of someone I know who finally got glasses in her 20s and realized that trees had separate leaves. I can see how playing tennis w/o them would have posed serious problems for you. Actually, I’m looking forward to Wimbledon (on the one hand), but on the other … I’m relieved to have a bit of time to get things done now that the French is over. Thanks for visiting and sharing your story.
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails