Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Monday, June 9, 2008

Heads or Tails #10 - Flower Frustrations


Let's Hear it for the Best Laid Plans ...
that Often go Awry!

Yup ... I planned ahead & created a 'lovely' collage illustrating the 'Evolution of my Hydrangea this Spring' ... but when I looked for it last night, I couldn't find it.

I have no idea what happened ... thought it might be because I was T I R E D last night ... but I'm having no more luck locating it this morning and I've got my Photoshop Class today. So here's my offering for this week's Heads or Tails theme: Flower. If this little daisy can survive in such 'challenging' surroundings ... I'll be fine too (and so will you)!

flower
Image found at Photobucket
Click for others participating in HoTs this week.

Next week's theme/prompt is:
HEADS *OR* TAILS - Wait *OR* Weight
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Click for more posts with Flowers from My Garden.
Thought for Today
"The greatest gift of the garden is the restoration of the five senses." Hanna Rion

24 comments:

Mother of Invention said...

Thanks for the visit. You sound incredibly busy! Yikes! It made me tired and stressed just reading it!

Neat pic and so true. I always wonder at pine trees growing out of rock too.

Take care.

Ivanhoe said...

Take a break and try to relax a bit, Storyteller. Even if it means not to blog for a few days. We will be here when you come back. I noticed lot of bloggers doing it. Busy life drained me too and I had to "disappear" for a couple of weeks. It helped.
Take care!

Anonymous said...

Awesome picture!

LarryG said...

All flowers are not in one garland. - English proverb

Your garden must be a lovely place!

Tina Coruth said...

Storyteller,

I'm sorry you can't find your collage. It sounds spectacular and it must be disappointing that you can't post it. I hope you are able to find it. I would love to see it.

You have a great spirit and great attitude. I love that little daisy thriving in such a harsh environment! You are right, if that daisy can survive, we will all be fine. What an inspiration. Thank you!

I hope you have a great day!
hugs,
Tina

Karen said...

I left a comment, but forgot to sign in--which means it didn't go up. So again--
The photo tells me that there's always hope--fabulous!

Momisodes said...

Oh that is a great shot! I'm sharing many of your flower frustrations too in our yard. Hope you're having a relaxing week.

Barb said...

It's a beautiful photo.. and what you said afterward was a nice reminder to all of us. :)

Anonymous said...

This is a good photo also. I do hope you find your collage though, I have been enjoying your photoshop lessons!

Akelamalu said...

Love the photo and the quote today. :)

Unknown said...

Well, it happens to the best of us. Getting tired seems to be my life regularly. I can't hardly type right now but wanted to tell you I just adore you and appreciate that you always visit me. I wish I had more time to blog. That way we could see each other more. I was down the street from you over the weekend - isn't that neat? The temp was amazing. The views were even moreso. Hope you're well. More soon. *lovies*

Mercedes said...

Bless the daisy~I sure hope it survives! The Wildwood Flower is at my place!

Happy HoTs!
Mere

bundle-o-contradictions said...

**big sigh** Thanks for the reminder. :)

Susan Demeter said...

Great HOT pic :) Take it easy. I know much easier said than done. ((hugs))

ShannonW said...

Well said Storyteller! That single daisy stands for a lot of things.

Happy Tuesday.

Anonymous said...

I know a picture is worth a thousand words...but I think it's also worth dozens of stories! What a wonderful photo for evoking some great stories in my head! :)

Thanks for sharing! :)

Anonymous said...

i know how frustrating it is for you to have done a collage and then can't find it. but if there is a consolation the flower picture that you post is still beautiful.

thanks for stopping by my blog!

Robyn Jones said...

That's a tough flower....I can relate to where it's at..LOL!
Thanks for visiting my family blog...come back anytime!

Anonymous said...

Such an awesome and powerful photo. One of those that's worth a thousand words. Very nice!

storyteller said...

Thank you all for your thoughtful comments here on my HoTs post. Yesterday proved to be busier than expected, but methinks I visited all of your blogs and left comments in turn. I was delighted by the array of creativity displayed in response to this week’s ‘Flower’ theme. Hopefully (as I sort through my photo files) the Hydrangea collage will surface so I’ll be able to share. I’m sure I saved it … I just can’t remember where. Seems like ‘clutter’ is the story of my life in the real and virtual worlds. I hope you’re each having marvelous moments in the midst of your day’s activities.
Hugs and blessings,

Kayce aka lucy said...

fabulous photo...is it yours?

storyteller said...

Lucy – Nope! I wish ;--)
I found it at Photobucket. If you click on the image it takes you to the source … but unlike most of the Photos I find at this site, this one doesn’t have much identifying information so I really don’t know WHO took it. I only know who put it in their collection.

In my rush Thursday morning I looked hurriedly for something to share (when I couldn’t find my Hydrangea collage) … and the Universe offered this image that seemed somehow to capture something special to share.
Hugs and blessings,

Inspiration Alley said...

I'm sorry you can't find your collage, been in that position and it's frustrating. However, your post is brilliant, I love the photo and it hit just the right note with me and moved me greatly, for several reasons it helped me put things in perspective. Thank you.

storyteller said...

Inspiration Alley – Thanks for your concern. I’m glad you found this ‘substitute’ post moving and that it helped you put things in perspective. I managed to locate the collage on Wednesday … so I shared it almost Wordlessly here. I’d send this response in email, but yours shows up as ‘No Rely @ Blogger dot com’ …(as mine often does). I wish I understood how that happens.
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails