Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Friday, June 13, 2008

Haiku Friday #47 - Anticipation ...


Seems like there might be a theme for today
and , if so, I apologize for doing my own thing ... but
there's just one thing on my mind
this morning .

For several months
I've experienced challenges
with this computer.

512 mgs ...
not enough RAM anymore
(though this Inspiron

91 hundred
Dell laptop has served me well
since 2003).

After checking out
many brands at different stores
I determined a

Dell from Costco with
4 GB of RAM and a
17 inch screen

would be perfect ... but
it seemed 'prudent' to call Dell
just to see what 'deals'

not advertised on
their web site might tempt me to
order one direct.

As it turns out ... this
proved to be an excellent
idea because

Dell beat Costco's price
and offered a 'package' with
even more features!

So ... I've ordered a
1720 Intel
T 9-3 hundred

2.5 GHz
320GB hard drive...
I can hardly wait!



I'm not thrilled to switch
from XP Pro to Vista,
but I realize

it would be foolish
to buy a new laptop with
old 'technology'

so I'm counting the
days until June 26th ...
and just maybe it

will arrive sooner?
Stranger things have happened in
my life. Hopefully

this new Dell will serve
me for years to come the way
my 'old' laptop has.

~ ~ ~

My 46th Haiku Friday is at
Sacred Ruminations

For a Mr. Linky to other Haiku Fridays
go to A Mommy Story or
Playgroups are no Place for Children.

To see more previous Haikus,
click on the Haiku Friday label below this post
or in the sidebar under About Me.

Thought for Today
I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it." Pablo Picasso

18 comments:

Kat said...

Yay for new computers!!! So exciting! Hope it comes sooner than you expect! :)

Mandie said...

I was so unbelievably excited when I got my Macbook. New computers are such fun!

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

Oo, enjoy the new laptop! :)

NicciN said...

How exciting! you will have so much fun.

Momisodes said...

Woohoo! You are so clever to call them up to see if they could beat their offer :) I LOVE getting new computers. It's like wiping a clean slate!

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? said...

Serendipitously, I found your blog. Absolutely beautiful in every aspect -- visually, spiritually, intellectually. Am just wondering how long it will take to reach your blogging expertise. In the meantime, I'll just savor it. Petra

Sai Hijara - Ferraris said...

WooT! New computer...I'm envious!!!

Congrats...so more postings from now on?! LOL

Anonymous said...

Ooh, hope you love it! I just splurged on a new laptop back in April (and if you knew me, you'd know that I do not buy big stuff like that...), and I love it every single day!

Mom24 said...

That is soooo exciting. I hope you will love it and that it will serve you well. I'm jealous. Here's to fast shipping.

Anonymous said...

Oh, how exciting! I would love to get a new one, too. I can't wait to see what you crank out with it.

Berni said...

I am not participating in this meme but wanted to say thanks for dropping in on my H or T post about the dogwood. I have been without power so I am behind in acknowledging everyone.

Joy Des Jardins said...

Oh boy...a new computer.....a whole new world of fun for you Virginia. I can't even imagine what fun you'll have with this new gizmo. You may NEVER leave the keyboard for days once it arrives. Pace yourself.....

Mary Ann said...

Oh that's so wonderful. A new toy! I've no idea what's involved in switching to Vista, but it sounds like you made a great deal. You'll have such fun.

Melissa said...

Enjoy your new computer! Always fun to get new toys!

And DIY= Do It Yourself :)

Tina Coruth said...

Storyteller,

This sounds like a "smokin' machine"! Enjoy your new laptop!

hugs,
Tina

storyteller said...

Thanks everybody for your enthusiastic well wishes. At the insistence of a neighbor, I checked the ‘status’ of my order earlier today and discovered it’s ‘in production’ … but I’m hoping it will be shipped sooner rather than later because I’m chomping at the bit … tired of the SLOWNESS of this machine and worried it’s going to quit on me if it keeps freezing up … but I’m TRYING to be patient. Hope you’re all having a wonderful weekend!
Hugs and blessings,

Karen said...

Woohoo!! New computers are SOOOO exciting! Oh, the wait!

storyteller said...

Karen – Yup … I’m very excited, but trying to relax and remain calm. They said delivery would be on or before June 26th … but a number of friends tell me they received theirs in 3 or 4 days so I can’t help but HOPE I’ll get mine sooner. I’m READY for a machine with speed and memory to spare! Of course, when I checked the order status this morning … it’s ‘in production’ so I guess I won’t get it today … or even tomorrow.
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails