Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thursday's Thoughts - Some things to consider ...

Make Time for Small Reflections
NaBloPoMo-Day20
If you've not yet read Wednesday's 'humble requests' ...
I hope you'll find time to do so and give them a bit of thought.
I appreciate those of you who have added your support & testimony in comments. It's reassuring to know that Cracker-
jacks & I are not the only ones thinking along these lines.


After receiving email from Ivanhoe indicating that she can't leave comments in the 'embedded' format, I checked Site Meter to see whether visits to my blogs have dropped off commensurate with the recent decline in comments. Noting that the visitation rates have remained stable, I'm wondering if others have had similar problems leaving comments ... so I've changed back to 'pop ups' experimentally. Ivanhoe (and perhaps others) should be able to leave comments again.

If you need a chuckle, I shared a few on Tuesday in Live Simply, Laugh Often ...

Finally ... I found this at
Lunar Musings and published it at Blog Rolls, Bling, & Blurbs on November 14th. It touches my heart & conscience and wanted to pass it along here ... just because.
I wish I could be so eloquent and clear in sharing my own beliefs.
I hope you'll take time to watch & listen ... and perhaps even share on your blog too. Methinks it’s important to encourage ourselves and others to think about this issue and all its implications calmly, rationally … from a loving place, without fear ... remembering the simplicity & blessings of 'the golden rule.' Thanks …
Hugs and blessings,




Thoughts for Today
"You are a human being. You have rights inherent in that reality. You have dignity and worth that exists prior to law."
Lyn Beth Neylon


"The Framers of the Bill of Rights did not purport to "create" rights. Rather, they designed the Bill of Rights to prohibit our Government from infringing rights and liberties presumed to be preexisting."
Justice William J. Brennan, 1982


"Give to every human being every right that you claim for yourself." Robert Ingersoll

7 comments:

Monique Kleinhans said...

Oh thank you so much for sharing this video....how wonderful to listen to this and hear what is in my heart so beautifully represented!

Blessings and Love to all.

Akelamalu said...

I've not had any trouble at all leaving comments.

Ivanhoe said...

Yay! I'm leaving a comment :o)
I think its some kind of limitation that my work computer has. The one at home was letting me do that. I just don't have much time to blog when I'm home.

Karen said...

Sometimes Blogger doesn't recognize me and I have to go through a sign in process--I make a point of copying my comment first, though, after having a lost a few in the past. It seems a little more awkward than it was in the past, but definitely doable.

And you know how I feel about the video--I hope the ones who are against gay marriage will take the time to view it.

Sandee said...

I've seen this video before. It's making its way through the blogosphere. Have a great day. :)

Sai Hijara - Ferraris said...

Love the post...the video...and all...as always!

And well, I have my email in my profile...and I don't keep word verification thingy... ;)

Hootin Anni said...

Sometimes I think it's the different browsers that make reading the html and css so that it's impossible to add comments. If these programmers would get together and just make all browsers able to read the coding in blogs, it'd make life more simple and much more tolerable. It amazes me that some can't comment while others can. It has to be the browsers. OR their own preference settings when installing their browsers...that is another thing. Each has their own surfing preferences, and the way they set their browsers up, it may not allow certain things to load and leaving them in the dark and unable to comment.

Anyway, I too stopped using the word verification. Half the time when I leave comments for others I have to redo it several times 'cause the messed up jiggly letters are not legible. It tends to frustrate to the point of just leaving the blog altogether. Besides if you're logged on, you can go in and delete anything that is spam in a flash...so, my opinion is why bother with word verification.

And as for emails...no. I don't want my email visible to just anyone for that very reason...having TONS of emails to respond to and my time on the computer is very limited these days. I'd NEVER catch up.

Related Posts with Thumbnails