Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Sunday, November 2, 2008

NaBloPoMo-Day 2 ... UM#29

... have YOU?
Make Time for Small Reflections
Click for ... Camera Critters and Smiley Saturday
This is the 301st issue of ...
I'm participating for the 29th time today.
How about you?

What comes to YOUR mind?

If you'd like to play here, copy and paste the clues in comments along with your responses ... or post on your blog and let me know so I can visit ;--)

I say ... and you think ... ?

  1. In love :: with life & living each moment
  2. Be my guest :: and 'mutter' along with us today ;--)
  3. Number one :: writing rule from Natalie Goldberg is "Keep the pencil moving."
  4. Swallowed whole :: hook, line, and sinker ... (I guess it's all those years I was married to a Bass fisherman) ... I'm hoping that all Americans are THINKING FOR THEMSELVES and voting out of 'intention' rather than 'fear' in this election.
  5. 50 percent :: half
  6. Made in :: the shade ... (an expression used by my brother throughout his life that still makes me smile)
  7. Supplement :: Vitamins
  8. Right for :: the benefit of all, rather than greed of the few
  9. Endless :: optimism and determination
  10. Ceramic :: pottery made of clay
Your turn: I say ... and you think ... ?
  1. In love ::
  2. Be my guest ::
  3. Number one ::
  4. Swallowed whole ::
  5. 50 percent ::
  6. Made in ::
  7. Supplement ::
  8. Right for ::
  9. Endless ::
  10. Ceramic ::
Click for others 'muttering' today.

Even though I'm still hoping for more than light drizzles here at the beach, apparently some areas in Southern California did get rain yesterday and those in recently burned areas experienced mudslides. We do have another storm offshore so it's possible we'll see some rain showers Monday afternoon through Tuesday morning, but I certainly don't wish more problems on anyone ... so if I have to water my yard by hand, so be it. In addition, I don't want the weather to keep anyone from voting.

I'm participating in NaBloPoMo again this November and this is Day Two. It seems that both of my blogs are listed on the Blogroll there (probably because I participated on both last year), so I'm thinking of just letting that be ... hoping I can keep up with posting on two blogs for 30 days like I did a year ago when all this was new and I didn't really have a clue what I was doing.

Click for My Ning Page

If you haven't yet done so ...
be sure to get ready to Vote on Tuesday!

Small Reflections ... Smile Back
Thought for Today
"People often say that, in a democracy, decisions are made by a majority of the people. Of course, that is not true. Decisions are made by a majority of those who make themselves heard and who vote - a very different thing." Walter H. Judd

14 comments:

Maude Lynn said...

I love the picture of the stormy sky. That one's really gorgeous!

Akelamalu said...

Good luck with the 30 days posting - it's not as easy as it sounds I imagine!

kitten said...

I started my book yesterday. So far I have done really good. Keep your fingers crossed.
I have something for you at my blog.

In love :: with my kids!
Be my guest :: To help.
Number one :: God
Swallowed whole :: pride
50 percent :: 1/2
Made in :: the USA
Supplement :: vititiams
Right for :: you! Right for me!
Endless :: memmories
Ceramic ::doll
Good luck!

Joyce said...

Good Morning, Storyteller,

Your quote of the day is apropos and thought-provoking, as always. :)

I'll 'mutter' here:
1. In love :: 'You with the stars in your eyes'
2. Be my guest :: Make yourself at home!
3. Number one :: priority
4. Swallowed whole :: a lie believed
5. 50 percent :: half
6. Made in :: Japan has become Made in China
7. Supplement :: nutritional
8. Right for :: me
9. Endless :: days in Glory!
10. Ceramic :: hand-made pottery

Hootin Anni said...

Oh yes.....now I remember that one..."Made in the shade drinking Kool Aid". Boy howdy, does that age me, or what?

Love the sky photo!!!

Patsy said...

And we shall mutter and blog for 30 days and share. I thought your choice on Swallowed whole was interesting. I've heard that expression all my live, but it didn't come to mind until I read it here. The same with Made in the shade. I know there are no right or wrong answers, but yours seem better. :)

Anonymous said...

"Made in the shade" I haven't heard THAT in quite a while. It made me smile too.

Great mutterings (as always), enjoy your Sunday!

Unknown said...

Hey we matched a few. :)

1. In love :: truly, madly, deeply
2. Be my guest :: go ahead
3. Number one :: Champion
4. Swallowed whole :: choked
5. 50 percent :: half
6. Made in :: cookies
7. Supplement :: vitamins
8. Right for :: me
9. Endless :: love
10. Ceramic :: pottery


Love your sky, as always!

Martha said...

I had some of the same answers as you did on today's mutterings! :-)

Unknown said...

I lobe your nr 8 of the mutterings.

You can find my mutterings ::here::.

Have a wonderful week!

Ivanhoe said...

I'll be voting on Tuesday before work. Hope not to stand in a line for half a day ;o)

Martha said...

I decided to play along on NaBloPoMo too :-)

Anonymous said...

I love your mutterings! And I must say that I love this blog of yours. I will be here for a few more minutes to look around :)

Happy Sunday!

storyteller said...

Thanks to all of you for dropping by and sharing your thoughts. NaBloPoMo seems to be going fine as of today (November 12th) and I’ve managed to post on each blog w/o much trouble. I have learned to plan ahead and create posts early rather than at the last minute. Methinks that’s both good and bad, but at the moment it works.

Kitten, Joyce, and Lisa – Thanks especially for playing along and sharing your ‘mutterings here in comments’ … I always enjoy seeing what the words prompt from others. It seems we had a few answers in common and some variances too.

Patsy, Dave, VH, Laane, Martha, and Hootin’ Anni – I enjoyed reading your ‘mutterings’ on your blogs and believe I left comments on each already.

Mama Zen, Akelamalu, Ivanhoe – You know that I always enjoy your visits and do my utmost to drop by your blogs whenever possible … albeit occasionally late as time permits … (just like I’m leaving this comment belatedly)

I hope you're all having a wonderful Wednesday!
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails