Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Ruby Tuesday #11 & Heads or Tails #29

Make time for Small Reflections
Scroll down for Ruby Tuesday & HoTs
NaBloPoMo - Day 11
Belated Fun Monday

Janis
was yesterday's
Fun Monday hostess, and the the task was 'to salute our Veterans and show our appreciation ... including a patriotic photo.


Remembering those who served ...
Collage created in PSE6 with posters selected from the Veterans Day Poster Gallery

This is my 28th ...
This week's prompt is:
HEADS
- Where or TAILS - Wear
purposefully combined with my 11th
Do you remember
the original Where's Waldo series?

Can you find Waldo below?
Click for others participating
in Heads or Tails and Ruby Tuesday this week.
Small Reflections ... Smile Back
***My 401st post is below this one, so please stop by & comment to collect an animated 'Thank You' to enjoy and/or share with others.

Thought for Today
"We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude." Cynthia Ozick

31 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

Nice collage. My veterans day post will pop in at midnight.

Ralph said...

Thanks for the Veteran's Day collage. So many, especially those who are younger, don't have a feel for November 11. We will be going to a remembrance on a small town green tomorrow. Alas so many of the WWII vets are passing away. It is still nice to see these guys still around.

IamwhoIam said...

Thanks for stopping over and I enjoyed our posters for the day

CC said...

Great collage and I love your "where"!

Barb said...

I loved those Waldo books! It took me a minute or so, but I found him! :)

Mom Knows Everything said...

I can't find him. :o(

Anonymous said...

My eyes are all blurry and I still can't find him..lol

Anonymous said...

I can't find him too..:D But nice post!~


If you get a chance, mine is, HERE. Happy RT!!

Robin said...

Just the thought of trying to find Waldo in there makes me dizzy!

Very nice collection of images and memories for this week's post.

anthonynorth said...

I used to enjoy the Waldo thing when I bought them for the kids, but in the UK they were Where's Wally.
It is good to remember.

Roan said...

This is a very nice tribute to our Veterans. The thought for the day is appropriate as well. Where is Waldo? BJ

Anonymous said...

Mom remembers Where's Waldo! Wonderful collection of Veterans posters to mark the day, storyteller! Congratulations on your 401st post milestone! That's a respectable amount of reflections and ruminations!

Hootin Anni said...

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh....The kids and I used to sit down and peruse this book for hours every so often. We loved it. We never tired of it either.

My HoT is posted, all about Veteran's Day and the last one ---one sweetheart I lost to the Viet Nam War. Come by, won't you? Happy Tuesday to you.

Anonymous said...

I always loved searching for Waldo. I wonder if they still make those books.

Baba said...

Thanks for remembering our veterans today.My dad was in the second World War and jumped on D-day!!!I can not find waldo... where is he???
Have a fun day... Baba

Anonymous said...

My kids loved that series :) Happy HOT day!

Kahshe Cottager said...

Nice collages for Veterans Day - we have Remembrance Day here and wear poppies.

I loved Where's Waldo and buy the new books for my Grandkids too. I think I found him in the picture!!

Anonymous said...

I love that picture of the soldiers silhouetted against the sky.

Recently my kids checked out an old Waldo book from the library. They are so much fun.

ByLightOfMoon said...

You have a beautiful blog. I adore the duck with babies, your Monday chair setting, I wish I could set there forever eith a Waldo book. I used to have three when yhry first came out for an aiplane trip and I still have a beach towel.LOL, smiles, cyndi

Joyce said...

Our children used to love poring over the 'Where's Waldo' books. Thanks for the fun reminder. :)

Tumblewords: said...

Nice post - I agree that many people don't have a sense about the gratitude through which this holiday was created.

Mary said...

I remember Waldo. The boys loved searching for him in those pictures and Brandon could find him in a flash.

A lovely tribute to Veteran's Day.

I left a comment on your 401st post as well.

Blessings,
Mary

Linda said...

Nice collage. I couldn't find Waldo!

I'm finally getting back to blogging. It's been a rough couple weeks.

Dianne said...

a great post and a perfect quote to end it with

Anonymous said...

I love Waldo! I've always enjoyed the hunt - my son is the same - thanks for the fun!

Momisodes said...

A lovely collage. I LOVED Where's Waldo :) I remember looking for him in the publications at my dentist's office :)

Unknown said...

Would you believe that Wisconsin has a town named Waldo? I always giggle when going through, thinking of the Where's Waldo books. :)

Forgetfulone said...

What a great HoT! thanks for stopping by to see me.

Anonymous said...

I really liked the Veterans Day poster collage.

My kids used to love Where's Waldo.

Betty said...

Nice photos in honor of all the Veterans who served our country and helped to keep it free.

I posted a picture on my WW today in honor of Veterans Day. I was gone all day yesterday and obviously didn't get around to posting.

I'm going to try today to pick up my awards that you have passed along to your readers. Thank you in advance. I just love visiting your interesting blog.

kitten said...

Loved your tribute! I have always loved "where's waldo", but my novel has me boggled at the moment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails