Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Sunday, November 23, 2008

CameraCritters, UnconsciousMutterings & More...

Make Time for Small Reflections
NaBloPoMo-Day 23
Sunrise-Sunset, BYBS & Sacred Life Sunday
are at Sacred Ruminations
Scroll down for Unconscious Mutterings
It's been a while since I've participated,
but this is my 33rd
Misty Dawn started the meme and explains the rules here.
Click to 'embiggen' photo for better viewing.
Click for others participating in Camera Critters this week.

This is the 304th issue of ...
I'm participating for the 32nd time today.
How about you?

What comes to YOUR mind?

If you'd like to play here, copy and paste the clues in comments along with your responses ... or post on your blog and let me know so I can visit ;--)

I say ... and you think ... ?

  1. Spit it out :: Say what you mean right now.
  2. Shadow :: silhouette
  3. Database :: information collected & organized for easy access
  4. Expression :: poetic or narrative
  5. Boss :: 'cool or groovy' ... (Sigh, I'm dating myself here no doubt)
  6. Baby :: Love ... song by 'the Supremes'
  7. Mystic :: Pizza - film with Julia Roberts from the 1980s
  8. Kate :: Kiss Me Kate (musical play based on Shakespeare's Taming of the Shrew)
  9. Boobies :: The Pink Sisterhood
  10. Raid :: ers of the Lost Ark (I do enjoy Steven Spielberg's films)
Your turn: I say ... and you think ... ?
  1. Spit it out ::
  2. Shadow ::
  3. Database ::
  4. Expression ::
  5. Boss ::
  6. Baby ::
  7. Mystic ::
  8. Kate ::
  9. Boobies ::
  10. Raid ::
Click for others muttering today.

You Are Thanksgiving
You are a bit of a homebody who enjoys being in the company of people you love.

It doesn't take a lot to make you happy. You're enjoying life as it is. You have many blessings in your life, and you are grateful for each one.

You believe that life is about what you *do* have. You feel like you have enough of the good stuff.

What makes you celebrate: Family, friends, and the changing of the seasons. At holiday get togethers, you do best as: The host of the party on a holiday, you're the one most likely to: Spend so much energy preparing that it's a full time job.

In case you missed my other weekend posts ...
Saturday Morning Musings (with Holiday Mail for Heroes info)
Haiku Friday #91 (containing a lovely award & a link to another)
Photo Hunt: Reflections
SkyWatch/HaikuFriday (with additional links of interest)
And for some levity ... Live Simply, Laugh Often

Small Reflections ... Smile Back
Thought for Today
"Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same."
Francesca Reigler

20 comments:

Martha said...

The quiz said I'm Halloween!
Don't forget to come over to get your new award today :-)

kitten said...

It says I'm Thanksgiving also! Guess what?!? My BD will be on Thanksgiving this year. Hehehehe!
Spit it out :: if it is nasty
Shadow :: dark
Database :: Where collection of records or data is stored
Expression ::A disposition of the facial features that conveys meaning, feeling, or mood
Boss :: Me! LOL!
Baby :: New Life
Mystic :: powers
Kate :: Me! LOL! (Kate Kate) or as my Great newphew says it; Cake Cake!
Boobies :: Sister Hood
Raid :: A surprise attack by a small armed force.

Anonymous said...

Your mutterings are always so unique. I enjoy reading them quite a bit. Enjoy your Sunday!

Akelamalu said...

Fabulous photo and I love your mutterings. :)

Jeanne said...

Beautiful picture! So perfectly done.
here's my answers:
Spit it out :: say what you mean
Shadow :: Dancer(song title-Andy Gibb)
Database :: that big government clearing house
Expression :: down with it
Boss :: pretty nice
Baby :: girl(my daughter)
Mystic :: Connecticut
Kate :: Hudson
Boobies :: tatas
Raid :: ant spray

Sandee said...

I'm Thanksgiving too. Have a great Sunday. :)

Patsy said...

I've about decided I'm the only one who doesn't know the movie Mystic -- I think I'll have to check it out. :)

Also checked out what holiday I am. Yep, I'm Thanksgiving.

bobbie said...

I do love spiders and their webs.

Baba said...

Good afternoon, I have enjoyed reading all of your different post today.. I am Valentine's from the quiz..Our attitude really does make who we are for that moment!!!! Thanks for sharing such a great post.. Hugs, Baba

Mike Golch said...

good posting.I'm going to pss on the muttering this weekend. It has been a bad weekend end for me and I trying to play catch up on my reader.and that take a good nap before I have a seizure again.

Anonymous said...

Yikes!!!

threesidesofcrazy said...

Love the web, but poor little lady bug. Great mutterings too!

Momisodes said...

You always have great mutterings. I like reading yours.

My results said I'm Easter!
"You are an optimistic, hopeful, and genuinely sweet person.
Sensitive and affectionate, you are easily touched.
You love nature, animals, and anything cute or cuddly.
For you, every day is a new chance - no matter what happened yesterday.

What makes you celebrate: Almost anything. You love most holidays and celebrations.

At holiday get togethers, you do best as: The peacemaker. You can prevent any squabbles that might break out.

On a holiday, you're the one most likely to: Remember to include everyone"

This was fun!

AppleDebbie said...

Very nice photo of the spider web. You can see the intricacy of the design when you enlarge the photo. I enjoyed your "Thought for Today" too!

Joyce said...

Good Morning, Virginia,
Here are my mutterings:
1. Spit it out :: Say what you're going to say!
2. Shadow :: sometimes scary
3. Database :: lots of facts
4. Expression :: facial
5. Boss :: Someone to fight in computer games
6. Baby :: Grandbabies are the best!
7. Mystic :: folklore
8. Kate :: kiss me
9. Boobies :: extinct birds :P
10. Raid :: goodbye bugs
Hope you have a lovely day!

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

Love the spider web photo! Very neat!

Karen said...

I love these!!

Spit it out!::Talk already!!
Shadow::Darkness
Database::Crash
Expression::Soul
Boss::Resistant
Baby::Nathan
Mystic::Karen
Kate:: and Ally
Boobies::the girls
Raid::Bugs

I came up as the holiday Easter--I'm supposedly "an optimistic, hopeful and genuinely sweet person." I'm also the peacemaker at family gatherings and am most likely to include everyone. I'm supposed to like everything cute and cuddle.

Parts of this seem true, but other parts don't...I've never considered myself sweet and cuddly!

Raven said...

I was thinking about doing this and wondering wether I could squeeze it in this week and then I saw that people were doing it right here in the comments, so...

1. Spit it out :: chewing gum
2. Shadow :: government
3. Database :: Eeek computer stuff
4. Expression ::emotion
5. Boss :: Never have to have one again! Yippee
6. Baby :: Bringers of joy
7. Mystic ::Hildegard von Bingen
8. Kate ::me, Blanchett
9. Boobies ::blue feet
10. Raid ::roaches

Love the spider web photo. Just beautiful.

Michelle said...

Mine is Easter. I just love that time of year. Thanks for sharing.

Betty said...

Actually you have posted 60 posts in 30 days. Really, Virginia, I don't know how you manage three blogs on a daily basis as I have trouble maintaining one blog. You amaze me when it comes to your talent and writing ability.

Related Posts with Thumbnails