Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Saturday, January 19, 2008

With more than 30 hours of non-stop ...

tennis coverage on ESPN2 ... I'm B L E A R Y - E Y E D and a bit dazed ... but I'm still watching the match between Hewitt and Baghdatis and there's no end in sight. Hewitt just took the 3rd set so it's 2-1 in his favor and he serves 1st in the 4th set. The amazing thing is that it RAINED in Australia yesterday, so not many matches were played; however most of the ones that WERE played on the men's side of the draw were 5 sets each ... exciting to the very end! I confess that I was holding my breath during Blake's match with Grosjean and Federer's match with Tipsarevic. Unless things turn around quickly for Baghdatis, Hewitt may take this one in 4 (or not ... remembering the Baghdatis-Safin match of a couple of days ago).

So ... since TODAY'S matches begin shortly (and since Molly needs a walk first), I'm following up on Whimsical Wednesday's Blogthing so that Karen (and anyone else who wished to be purple) gets a 2nd chance. Of course,
if you missed my Haiku Friday posts on Ms. Kitty and/or Tennis, you could read one or both now ... and/or continue with the silliness that follows.

You Are Grape

You are bold and a true individual. You are very different and very okay with that.
People know you as a straight shooter. You're very honest, even when the truth hurts.
You are also very grounded and practical. No one is going to sneak anything by you.
People enjoy your fresh approach to life. And it's this honesty that makes you a very innovative person.

15 comments:

Catherine said...

Hmmm. I can't say I've ever watched a tennis match. I do love haiku though. :)

Eve said...

I, too, am grape. I find it very interesting that you and I are either the same or totally opposite on these little quizzes. lol

NicciN said...

I'm a grape too! BTW, my Dad is watching the tennis also.

Mich said...

Being in Canberra, I'm thankful for the rain ... its been so, so dry here.

BTW ... I'm lavender (I love lavender)

You are a sweet person with a very soft personality.
People become easily entranced with you. They seem to glow around you.
You have a quiet energy that can keep you active late into the night.
Even if you aren't the life of the party, you definitely keep the party going.

Anonymous said...

Well that was fun. I'm grape, too.

storyteller said...

Catherine – Sorry you landed here on this dazed tennis post, but hopefully you read on about Ms. Kitty and perhaps read last week Haiku about Molly?

Eve – Yes, it’s interesting how these quiz results turn out. I would have preferred to be something other than “grape” … but the descriptors do fit and I’m not sure what other options exist.

Yertle – Interesting … maybe grape is all there is? Is your Dad as astonished as I am with all the 5 set matches on show courts so early in the tournament? I can’t recall a year in which this has occurred previously.

Mich – I understand this has been an exceedingly dry year in Australia so I’m sure you’re thrilled for the rain. Last season in California we had only 3” in 12 months, but we’ve had more than that already THIS season. Ah … lavender. I love lavender too, but alas … none of those descriptors fit me.

Thanks to you all for visiting and playing along. I’ll try to do better with a post today. I’ve already written one for Sacred Ruminations … and from what’s recorded on the DVR, last night’s matches must have been shorter. Maybe I’ll even be able to visit some blogs today?
Hugs and blessings,

storyteller said...

Kelly - Methinks you must have added your comment as I was responding to the others. That makes 4 "grapes" thus far ... how interesting. The link didn't let me track back to your blog. I wonder how that happened? I hope you clicked the “follow up” box for comments so you receive this in email.
Hugs and blessings,

Mary said...

Enjoy watching the tennis matches. Hubby likes to watch them, but I'm not much of a tv watcher. Sometimes a good movie, sometimes the news. Other than that I read, do crafts and blog, as well as do my writing.

I too am grape. This was fun.
Blessings,
Mary

Mike Golch said...

what is the Grape Parade??It turns out that I'm Grape also.my my what we all have in common sometines.

Peajay said...

I'm a grape too. It seems we are all round, sweet and juicy. :D
Sláinte

storyteller said...

Mary – Normally I don’t watch much TV at all … hardly ANY sporting events (something that drives my football-crazed neighbors nuts). I do watch CNBC and Bloomberg when I’m trading stocks … but I haven’t even looked at what’s happening in the market lately. Guess maybe I should … ah “could” do that sometime soon.

Mike – How fascinating that we’re all grape with one lavender. I wonder what other “purple” shades there are?

Peajay – Juicy … round and sweet huh. I’m not sure how I feel about that, but just looking at your name here makes me remember the “donkey” story you posted and the limericks that followed in comments causing me the laugh all over again.

Thanks to everyone. I hope somebody comes along with another “purple” option … let’s see is PUCE a shade of purple? … or magenta perhaps? I’m not good with such things, but I am curious.
Hugs and blessings,

Kayce aka lucy said...

i'm grape too...makes me wonder if there is any other shade of purple???

Grandy said...

Darn it, I was hoping we would have a special connection on this one as I was a grape too. Now I see all your blogging buds are also grapes. Guess I'll have to check them all out as well. :)

Hope you are well, storyteller!

Karen said...

I'm a grape, too! But as far as I'm concerned, any purple will do!

storyteller said...

Lucy, Grandy, and Karen
I guess we’re just a “bunch” of blogging grapes!!! Thanks (a bunch) for playing along. LOL
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails