Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Survival Down Under

Three Americans are left in the main singles draw.

James Blake will play Marin Cilic tonight and that should be an exciting match if they both play well.




Serena looked good against Vaidisova yesterday.

She's serving very well and seems more "fit" than last year!



Venus plays Marta Domachowska later tonight.

The Williams sisters are doing great playing doubles, and Lindsay Davenport is still alive in doubles with Daniela Hantuchova.


If Andy Roddick watched Kohlshreiber play against Nieminen, he's probably as mystified as the rest of us wondering what happened to the German's game.

How fun to watch the young Aussie gal, Casey Dellacqua, play Jelena Jankovic! She didn't win, but she put up a good fight and I suspect we'll see more of her. Her Mom and Grandmother in the stands were equally entertaining as they watched the match.

Click for additional results and information.

11 comments:

Sonya said...

I really enjoy tennis but I've not been able to watch any of it lately. It got pushed to the back burner because of NFL football :-o)

Momisodes said...

Good for you getting all sucked in to these matches!!! I used to love doing that on the weekends :) So nice to kick back, relax, and watch everyone else run around, hehe ;)

Mary said...

Virginia,

I'm so glad you're enjoying tennis. I don't know much about it, but I can tell you're a die-hard fan. ;-)

Thanks for taking time to drop over to my blog and read some of my vacation posts. I certainly would like the link to the blog where the lady writes about autism. I'm always happy to learn more about it and those goodies on her sidebar sound fantastic.

Take care, my friend. We will all be waiting for you when tennis is over.

Love and blessings,
Mary

storyteller said...

Sonya – I feel fortunate that I don’t have to choose. Living alone has it’s perks! LOL

Sandy – Yes it is. I used to love to play the game myself (and to water-ski) but I’ve decided that at 62 (soon to be 63) I need to be kind to this aging body of mine. LOL

Mary – Thanks for understanding my obsession with tennis. I do love the game … especially on a big stage. When I can, I watch smaller tournaments … but not nearly as compulsively at the big ones. Thanks for the reminder. I’ll do my best to remember to send the link in email later today. If I forget, drop me an email to tweak my memory please. Molly's bugging me for some attention and the Hewitt-Djokovic match awaits.

Hugs and blessings to all,

Maude Lynn said...

Enjoy your tennis!

Grandy said...

Are your eyes crossed yet? Great pics of the players you picked. :)

Have a great day!!

Karen said...

Isn't it fun to just allow ourselves to get sucked into something like this?

storyteller said...

Mama Zen – Thanks. The matches have been most exciting to watch until Serena played Jankovic yesterday and seemed totally out of it … eventually losing for no apparent reason. The Sharapova-Henin match more than made up for it … though it was sad to see Henin play so well and still lose the match. I’d like Sharapova better if she didn’t scream so much.

Grandy – I am a bit bleary-eyed because TV watching isn’t something I do much of ordinarily … except for these big tennis tournaments. We’re down to two Americans left now … Venus and James Blake. James plays Federer tonight so he may be gone tomorrow.

Karen – Absolutely! The only down side is I have so little time for anything else right now, but the tournament ends Sunday and life can get back to normal … until the French Open that is. LOL

Thank you all for putting up with my obsession.
Hugs and blessings,

Melissa said...

Wow...you watch tennis the way I watch soccer! I can lose whole days to it. :)

Sonya said...

I really enjoy tennis but I'd love to see Roddick do well! Roger F. keeps dominating and while he's truly wonderful, I'd like to see some of our guys really do well!

storyteller said...

Melissa – I do love tennis but seldom watch any of the matches “live” because commercials drive me bats … especially since the closely contended 5- set men’s matches can last for 4-5 hours each and the close 3-set women’s matches up to 3-4 hours each … and, of course, it’s pretty much non-stop for both weeks unless weather intervenes … causing the matches to get backed up like they did at Wimbledon last year.

Sonya – I couldn’t agree more! Federer is an amazingly talented guy who is spoiling the careers of MANY players, including but not limited to Roddick, in much the way Pete Sampras did before him. This year he looked vulnerable against Tipsarevic, and I think that’s given other players hope. James Blake played well in lasts night’s match, but Federer just seems to raise his game and play the BIG POINTS better than anyone. Nadal and Djokovic ARE nipping at his heels … and could overtake him in Australia if they play their best and Federer falters. I guess we’ll know soon. I’m sad that the Williams sisters are both out at the Quarters too.

Hugs and blessings to your both,

Related Posts with Thumbnails