Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Strange Happenings this Weekend, but a I'm Sharing a Little Link-Love Anyway

ZWANI.com - The place for myspace comments, glitters, graphics, backgrounds and codes

I don't know what's going on with these two "logos" from my sidebar. I planned to write about each of them (along with the Haiku Friday one) last night when my sister called. Smiler created the first and provided the code at her blog to let people know of the information she's been sharing there about HTML code. I've learned much of what I know from her and Melissa at Part of Everything.

Clicking on THIS button WILL take you to the section of her blog where these posts can be found, but the code she provided doesn't seem to work in my sidebar yet, so I've removed it for now. She's working on a "fix" and hopefully I'll be able to add it again soon. Currently there are 7 "lessons" ... the first was posted December 15th, with others added periodically. She doesn't claim to be an expert, but I've found the information shared there useful.

For those of you participating in Blog 365, she's created several logos you might enjoy adding to your sidebar if you want something unique. You can find them here.

I added this Creative Everyday logo to my sidebar (without a link) a week or more ago when I learned of this challenge initially. Yesterday I figured out a "cheat" on my own to add a "clickable" link underneath it after trying unsuccessfully to make the logo itself clickable. It was there yesterday at the top of my sidebar.

It was there this morning, but at some point today it vanished. Yes, somehow the logo has disappeared mysteriously, although the title above and link underneath remain. I'm reminded of the 3-day period when my SiteMeter icons disappeared, then reappeared just as mysteriously. Hopefully that will happen again. For now, if you'd like to check this out and join in the creative fun, you CAN click on THIS link and read all about it at the source.

Finally, if you need a laugh ... check out this hilarious post at The Joy of Six. I found it this morning and have been chuckling all day. While you're there, look around because she's got others just as entertaining.

8.:50pm - I'm happy to add this note of personal success. I redid the whole thing from scratch, deleted yesterday's code from the widget, inserted the new code and not only did it reappear, it's CLICKABLE and takes you to the Creative Everyday site the way I wanted it to. So ... I'm a tired (but happy) blogger! I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep until I solved this problem, but now I'm turning off the computer.

7 comments:

Kayce aka lucy said...

you are an absolute world of information! thanks for sharing and forging ahead even with the mysterious goings on. my stat counter totally went blink yesterday, but seems to be working fine today. who knows...maybe something kooky happening in the atmosphere?!?!?

i have a question...do you know if it is possible to have posts queued up & automatically post? i am thinking about those 365 days of posting & the possibility of being away from a computer for a few days at a time. whaddya think?

storyteller said...

Lucy - I'm hoping it will return as mysteriously as it disappeared. I remember when I first tried to upload photos I couldn't get it to work. Later I learned it was a Blogger "glitch" and once it was resolved I had no further problems.

So ... you've taken on the Blog 365 challenge too! That's cool. I don't know anything about programmed posting when you're away, but Grandy at Functional Shmunctional used it recently when she took a trip and could probably help you. (If she's not in my Blogroll, you can find a link in her comment on yesterday's "rose" post here at Small Reflections). Her posts all came through as planned, though the dates didn't work out perfectly for her. She may have learned from that what to do differently. Once you learn, you can teach me.

Eve said...

Don't you just hate it when the computer seems to take over? I have a really hard time with badges and buttons. WordPress doesn't accept a bunch of them. Sometimes I just keep tweaking the code until something appears. lol I don't really know what I'm doing - maybe someday I'll figure it out.

Karen said...

Congratulations on figuring it out! I'm really going to have to spend an afternoon reading through stuff (like Blogging 101) and figure it out, too. I've been settling for "acceptable" rather than learning how to do things EXACTLY as I want.

storyteller said...

Eve - I can relate, but I tend to be dogged about such things. I have learned to ask for (and accept) help when I get stuck ...finally. Most of what I've learned has been through trial and error ... just jumping to see what happens and "tweaking" things as you mention.

Karen - Given your busy life (and your tendency to push yourself too hard resulting in unnecessary stress) learning to be happy with "acceptable" may be the best course of action for you right now. I love what you're doing at your blog ... developing gradually ... without letting it eat up all your time. Remember, I don't have many demands on my time at present, but if I did ... you wouldn't see me spending so much time in this virtual world.

Hugs and blessings,

Joy Des Jardins said...

You have already figured out things I have yet to get to. I still have trouble with certain buttons and things. I generally wait to ask my daughter to help me with some of these things. I am so amazed when I make my daily visit to your blog to see just what you've added to your sidebar...I don't know how you manage to find the time to do it all. Outside of working on the internet for BlogHer...I've got all the time in the world...and still can't come close.

Thanks sweetie for the nice link love....so very thoughtful of you.

storyteller said...

Joy - I'm always happy to share link-love, especially since I know not everyone has the kind of discretionary time to browse that I do. As for what I've taught myself about blogging, chalk it up to insatiable curiosity and intrepid determination. As the youngest kid in the family (with siblings lots older than me) I learned to do lots of stuph by watching others and experimenting ... then practicing until I felt proficient. It's a way of life for me, as natural as breathing.
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails