Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Under-the-Weather Wednesday ...Sigh!

Alas, I didn't finish my list of 101 Things About Me after all (therefore I still have about 85 items thus far that will take you more than a while to read as is anyway) ... nor did I keep my appointment for a perm today (it's rescheduled for next Tuesday afternoon so I have to live with my hair like this for another week ... Aarrrgh)! I didn't visit any blogs to let them know I'd left awards here (or at Sacred Ruminations) as I'd intended, nor did I meander the Blogosphere at all because I'm sick with a cold and a flu bug of some kind ... sigh!

Actually, I spent most of the afternoon sleeping, but this morning I did finish amending yesterday's "Awards" post and I caught up on comments from the last 4-5 days as planned ... leaving responses to each one as I normally do. This evening I've tried to upload pictures for a Wordless Wednesday post on each blog, but Blogger isn't cooperating and I'm out of patience for now; therefore I offer this instead (together with another at Sacred Ruminations) and hope to come up with an interesting idea for tomorrow's Thursday Thirteen overnight. So ... are you willing to indulge me a play along or not?

You Are a Strawberry

You are friendly, outgoing, and well liked by many people.
You are popular, but there's nothing you ordinary or average about you.

You a very interesting person, and you have many facets to your personality.
Sometimes you feel very conflicted. Your different sides of your personality pull at you.

You are a very sensual and passionate person. You are fiery... you can't help it.
In general, you keep your passionate side under wraps. You are only wild in private.

12 comments:

Mike Golch said...

Sorry to hear that you are under the weather,as far as the 100 things weel just keep pluggin away you will get there.Me I'm not even gonna try.( it that big racing stripe running down my back,and you can guess the color!)
Now to what fruir am I turns out that I'm an apple.
Get well soon,God Bless.Mike

Unknown said...

OH I just got over that nasty cold flu thing! Lots and lots o gatorade!

Nice Thursday List! Come check out some games on my list!

Melissa said...

I think you need to take this one. ;)

Karen said...

I'm an orange (among other things, I "have a zest for life, especially for anything colorful, wild or dramatic").

I'm so sorry you're sick--I figured something must be going on, since you've been kinda quiet this week. Take it easy--we'll all be waiting!

storyteller said...

Mike – Thanks for the good wishes. I’m plugging along this morning … managed to get my T-13 posted and am trying to respond to comments before taking myself back to bed … hoping for a quick recovery from whatever ails me. An apple, eh? Maybe I wouldn’t be sick if I’d eaten an apple a day? As for the list … you could do it 5 things a day for 20 days or 10 things for 10 days. You might surprise yourself. You could save it in draft mode until it was done instead of posting it like I did because you’re not at your 100th post yet. It’s just a thought … no pressure here.

Deb – I’m sorry you were sick, am glad you’ve recovered and appreciate the suggestion. I think I might just have some Gatorade in the pantry and it sounds like a fine idea! Thanks for the feedback on my T-13 and perhaps I’ll check out games another time. My head is splitting at the moment and I just want to lay down.

Melissa – That was PERFECT! I couldn’t resist clicking to see what it was … and once there I had to answer the questions. LOL So I’m 45% “addicted but not totally dependent” … I tend to use them as “filler” when I come up empty, tired, or run out of time to post, but I’m fairly selective. I did consider doing a T-13 today on Blogthings I’d Never Use (even before I read your comment) but opted for Quotes instead.

Karen – Orange seems to fit somehow. Thanks! I am planning to take care of myself so this passes quickly.

Thanks to all of you and I hope you each have a delightful day! Hugs and blessings,

pussreboots said...

Nice selection of quotes. Happy TT.

Eve said...

***You Are a Banana***


You are mellow, easy going, and a total softie on the inside.
People find it really easy to get along with you. You suit most tastes.

And while you're very sweet, you're not boring or ordinary.
You have an attraction to the exotic, and you could show up anywhere... doing almost anything!

You are spirited, energetic, and a total kick to be around.
You're also quite funny. Your sense of humor is on the goofy side, and it fits you well.


I'm so sorry you haven't been feeling well. It's all that tennis - it wore you out and left you susceptible to germs. lol Hope you're feeling better soon.

I think I am a total banana. Seems to fit what I know about myself and what others have told me, too.

I had to check out melissa's link, too. Here's my results.
***You Are 40% Addicted to Blogthings***

Okay, so you know how to take and post a Blogthing.
But you're no addict. (Hey, this quiz *proves* it!)
For you, Blogthings is more of a healthy habit.
At least, that's what you tell yourself!

storyteller said...

Pussreboots – I’m glad you enjoyed the T-13 quotes. Thanks for stopping by and dropping me a line. Thanks also for the email response about Sunday’s Child. Maybe I’ll check that out sometime.

Eve – Mellow, easy going, total softie – yup! Seems right somehow. I appreciate you sharing all the details because we never get to see answers other than our own unless folks share. According to Melissa’s Blogthing link … looks like you’re a little less addicted than I am (but not much because YOU couldn’t resist this one either, right? Right!) LOL
I suppose you could be right about the tennis because I did overdo! (chuckling as I type) I always enjoy your comments and I’m feeling some better today.

Hugs and blessings to you both!

Momisodes said...

I hope you're feeling a bit better today....do take it easy if you can.

storyteller said...

Sandy - Thanks. I'm trying to take it easy ... going through email as I listen to CNBC and resist the temptation to check my stocks knowing I don't have the energy today. I've not posted anything at Sacred Ruminations yet (didn't post yesterday either) and may skip Haiku Friday there unless "inspiration" strikes. Nor have I tackled the remaining 15 missing items on my 101 Things list and I've responded "generally" rather than specifically to today's Haiku Friday and yesterday's T-13 visitors because it's hard to concentrate. It's the best my obsessive self will allow me to do at the moment. LOL

As for your hubby's on-going neglect of the fridge for 3 weeks, methinks emailing your post to his coworkers just might get results (or possibly just make him angry?) ... so I leave it to you to decide his fate, but eagerly await the outcome.
Hugs and blessings,

Joy Des Jardins said...

Oh, I haven't been visiting blogs the last couple of days either Virginia.....but, I'm so sorry you're feeling sick. I sure hope it's short-lived. Sending lots of ((((((((Warm,Healthy Hugs)))))))))to you sweetie..... ~Joy

storyteller said...

Joy – Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate the good wishes and I do seem to be much better today … so hopefully it’s behind me now.
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails