Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Windy Wet Wednesday

It's been a WINDY day in Southern California, and this evening the rains have arrived. Apparently this is going to be a significant storm. Waterspouts have been spotted just off the coast nearby.

The pictures in the follow-up piece about the flower quiz in yesterday's post here at Small Reflections that I've been working on this afternoon have vanished into thin air, so I've scrapped it (at least for today) ... hence this abbreviated post. I don't have the energy or time to pull it (or anything else) together tonight. I'm going to fix dinner and watch tennis ... again.

As for TENNIS at the Australian Open

James Blake played an excellent match, but (alas) Federer did what he does so well ... raising the level of HIS game on the BIG points and won the match. He'll play Djokovic in the next round, and if Novak plays like he did against Ferrer today ... that should be an entertaining and suspenseful match. Tsonga and Nadal will also play for a spot in the final Championship Match.

On the women's side, tonight Maria Sharapova plays Jelena Janokvic and Ana Ivanovic plays Daniela Hantuchova for a spot in the Championship Match on the weekend. It's possible (though not likely) that it could be an all Serbian final. I suspect Sharapova will be playing Ivanovic in that last match ... but this has been a tournament of "upsets" on the women's side, so anything's possible.

Click for additional tennis results and information.

5 comments:

Eve said...

Your storm is supposed to move east and north and bring warmer weather and more snow our way. The warmer weather (hi's in the 20's, lo's above zero) will be nice, but I'm SICK of snow. Hope the flooding doesn't become a major problem in Southern Cal.

Karen said...

I love windy days--as long as they aren't damaging. There is something so cleansing about a gust of wind. It seems to blow all my mental cobwebs away.

storyteller said...

Eve – So far this storm hasn’t been too bad, but it may not be over yet. I moved my patio chairs to a sheltered area last night so they wouldn’t blow into the neighbor’s yard as they so often do in heavy winds. I’ve not listened to the news yet today because I’m watching the 3rd set of last night’s match between Ivanovic and Hantuchova, and I don’t want to know who won until I see the end of the match myself. If my sister hadn’t called this morning, I’d be done, but I’m not complaining because it was good catching up with her.

Karen – I don’t mind wind as long as I don’t have to be out in it. I certainly don’t miss those 34 years of yard duty in the wind. It always makes kids a bit wilder than usual, and my allergies tended to drive me crazy on windy days leaving me without my usual patience.

Hugs and blessings to both of you,

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

I was thinking of you this week as I heard reports of all the wet weather in Southern California, but this is the first opportunity I've had to stop by and tell you so. Hope you are staying dry and comfortable.

storyteller said...

MPJ - Actually the rains weren’t too bad around me it was WINDY indeed! I had to move my patio furniture to keep it from blowing away and the last neighbor who still had an awning on their deck lost it entirely as the rest of us lost them previously this winter. All’s well now, in fact it’s sunny out today. What a pleasant surprise!
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails