Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Smiley Saturday#3 and other Stuph


It's a beautiful sunny warm day here at the beach in Southern California so it's hard for me to stay indoors for long ... hence this post is being created and published later than usual for a Saturday because Molly & I took a walk and I did some gardening a little while ago. I spent time earlier this morning doing my best to 'catch up' with comments & blog visits from last week (though I still have more that 650 unread posts in Google Reader and fear I'll never figure that out without just 'marking all as read' and moving forward ... something I don't really want to do). That acknowledged, this has been a wonderful week!

Monday was 'Retired Gals' lunch so I caught up with friends!


Tuesday and Thursday were my first two Photoshop Elements sessions and I learned lots ... then shared in my T-13 and my two Haiku Friday posts ... one on this blog (illustrating animal manipulation techniques) and the other at Sacred Ruminations (showing how we changed 'effects' on portraits).

In addition to Fun Monday (with Lois' Favorite Mug Meme) & HoTs and T0Ts, on Wednesday I created and shared (almost wordless) One Single Impression photos & haikus on the theme of 'warm' ... about puppies on this blog and about sunsets on the other.

I've chatted with my sister several times this week ... most recently several times yesterday while they were getting their RV serviced.

My Hydrangea looks BEAUTIFUL with lots of large lavender blossoms even though it's smallish. I posted a photo in my BYBS post last Sunday, but they're even bigger and more gorgeous today.

Each of those things make me SMILE just thinking about them ... and they might bring a smile to your fact too if you have time to check them out.

Finally, here are links to RHD Mom's Friday Funny and to Baby~amore's cleverly conceived, humorous T-13 in which she shares lessons learned from her mom. Both generated laughter in addition to smiles for me.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Words Ending in ING ~ I Ask, You Answer

1. Avoiding...you answer?

2. Baking...you answer?

3. Camping...you answer?

4. Decorating...you answer?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

My responses:

1. Avoiding ... housecleaning activities today.

2. Baking ... something I just don't do any more, ever!

3. Camping ... takes me back to my youth and Big Sur, Lake Havasu, Yosemite, and Big Bear.

4. Decorating ... best left to those who know about such things.

If you'd like to play, copy and paste the clues into the comments box share your responses here ... or on your own blog and leave me a link so I can visit you.


I found this Quiz at Chuck's. Her 'blogging type' was 'Artistic and Passionate' but look at my results! I admit I'm surprised because this isn't exactly how I perceive my 'blogging' style, but what the hey? I'm certainly 'principled' ... I just don't know how 'logical' I am. However, I'm curious what other results there might be ... so please play along and share ... either in comments or on your own blog, leaving a link here.


Your Blogging Type is Logical and Principled



You like to voice your well thought out opinions on your blog.

And if someone doesn't what you write, you really don't care!

Serious and blunt, sometimes people take your blog the wrong way.

But you're a true and loyal friend to those who truly get you.

What's Your Blogging Personality?

Thought for Today
"A laugh is a smile that bursts." Mary H. Waldrip

23 comments:

Eve said...

No big surprise as we so frequently 'match' on these things, I, too, am a principled and logical blogger. ;D

Anonymous said...

Fun stuph!
Thanks for stopping by.
I'm avoiding housecleaning today too.

Anonymous said...

I'm avoiding housecleaning today too.

Phyl said...

I love your hydrangeas! I so want some for my yard:).

I am checking out the Smiley and the Blessing memes...may have to join in and play along~

Many hugs...

Phyl said...

Ooopppssss....forgot to tell you...I am avoiding housework today, too...lol.

storyteller said...

Eve – Yup … we do seem to have many thing like this in common. I’m ‘serious’ much of the time but I don’t think of myself as ‘blunt’ and people don’t usually take me the wrong way. The rest seems to ‘fit’ however.

Annie – You’re quite welcome and I appreciate you returning to check out my post today. Perhaps everyone could avoid housework on Saturdays?

Gina – Aha! Perhaps we should form a secret society against Saturday housecleaning. ;--)

Phyl – I’m delighted the hydrangeas have ‘come back’ in such a healthy & colorful manner and I hope the bush does some serious growing this year so it has a better basis to survive the next winter. Ah … I suspect the Smiley and Blessings would be right up your alley! Hope you’re feeling better. You have REASON to avoid housework today … so my compliments!

I’ve been sitting on my front patio reading most of the afternoon since posting and Molly’s enjoyed greeting passers-by … occasionally conning me into a brief game of ‘fetch’ … but it’s still warm so she doesn’t want to run for long. Lots of people have come to the beach and street parking is at a premium! It’s time for Molly’s evening meal so we’ve come inside … and I’m checking in briefly while she munches because it’s a bit early for me to eat. Thanks to everyone for stopping by and I hope you’re all having a delightful day wherever you are.
Hugs and blessings,

Kwizgiver said...

You have so many wonderful posts and memes and photos! I don't know where to begin commenting. Thank you for stopping by my Saturday Special!

ShannonW said...

Great post. I am off to take the Blogging quiz :)

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

I know, I can never just mark as read and move on either. After some diligent work, my Google Reader is down to 506 unread posts! ;)

Joyce said...

I'm glad you've enjoyed the beautiful day. Here our temps were near 80 for the first time this season. We've had an unusually cool spring this year. As always, your flowers are beautiful. :)

Unknown said...

I love your cheery posts. You write, and I feel I know you. It's a warm and fuzzy feeling I get. Your personality test sort of tells about you, but not completely, like you said. Weird how those things come out sometimes. Anyhoo, thx for playing. I just love you to pieces. *hugs 'n blessings* back atcha.

Momisodes said...

Aww, I really wish we had visiting those camp sites before leaving California. I've heard they are just spectacular.

Sounds like you have been one busy bee! I'm ignoring the housecleaning today too. Hope you're having a great weekend!

Akelamalu said...

Unfortunately I have some housecleaning to do today :(

storyteller said...

Kwizgiver – Visiting your Saturday Special was my pleasure. I’ve only participated a couple of times, but it’s definitely fun to try new things. Thanks so much for the kind feedback about my blog! I hope you’ll decide to return as time permits ;--)

Shannon – I appreciate your visit and will be over to check YOUR quiz results in a little while.

MPJ – Congratulations on your progress. I ‘whittle’ things down to the 500s most days, but when I log back on the next day my unread comments are back at 1000+ … and, of course, my ‘real’ life is busier than back in October when I started blogging. I guess I’ll continue to ‘plug away’ at the task and hope for the best. I did skip Photo Hunters yesterday … and may skip a few other ‘weekly activities’ for a while in hopes that will help.

Joyce – I did enjoy yesterday immensely and today promises to be more of the same weather-wise. It’s much hotter inland (triple digits actually) but the ‘onshore breezes’ keep the temperatures here in the mid-80s … perfect ‘beach’ weather! Of course the crowds are huge on the sand, but fortunately I’m not there.

Chuck – Why thank you so much for saying so … and you’re definitely welcome for my ‘quiz’ participation! It’s been a while since I shared a ‘Blogthing’ like this, but used to include one more often. I do try to make my posts ‘conversational and newsy’ whenever possible. It’s lovely to have you back among us in the virtual world after you recent blogging absence ;--)

Sandy – I’m sure there a beautiful places to visit all over the world, but the ones I mentioned here in California are truly spectacular … definitely worth visiting. As for busy … yup I am! I’m also striving for a bit of ‘balance’ between ‘virtual’ and ‘real’ world activities … perhaps trying to do too much.

Akelamalu – I’m sorry you couldn’t avoid the housecleaning, but take comfort in knowing your living space is less cluttered than mine right now.

Thanks so much to everybody for visiting and sharing your thoughts yesterday. I hope you’re enjoying your weekend as much as I am!
Hugs and blessings,

Anonymous said...

I love lavender and anything purple.

Great Smiley Saturday !!!!!!

storyteller said...

Widdle Shamrock – Me too! I’ve always worn lots purple (tinted toward the ‘blue’ side of the spectrum), but now that I’m a ‘Red Hatter’ … I’ve got even more purple (tinted toward the ‘red’ side of the spectrum) and many Red Hats! Typing that here, I realize that’s something else to add to my Fun Monday ‘Collections’ post … (or not).

Thanks for visiting and hope you have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

storyteller said...

Joyce - Thanks for leaving the link here at Small Reflections to your 'Blogthing Results' at Mom's Musings. I just popped over there and left a comment, and now that I've returned ... I see our results are the same. Imagine that! LOL
I'm sorry I've not visited more regularly, but as I shared on your blog ... life's just too busy at the moment to keep up with everything. I don't know when things will slow down because I just signed up for the 'Intermediate Photoshop class' because I'm learning so much in the 'beginning' class. Guess we'll see how it goes. Maybe I'll be able to shift gears and move at a faster pace again? Time will tell. For now, I'm reminding myself that my best is good enough ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Karen said...

650 posts to read?! The mind boggles!

Okay--I'm playing both games.

Avoiding...cleaning--I'm too pooped!

Baking...I love it so!

Camping...something I disliked as a child and have never tried as an adult.

Decorating...fun!

And my blogging personality is...Thoughtful and Considerate: I am "well liked though underrated" and a "good listener and friend" and tend to "leave thoughtful comments for others."

That was fun--you haven't done one in ages!

storyteller said...

Karen – How cool that you played both! I always enjoy learning more about you. I don’t think I’d like to do much ‘camping’ any more, but I did enjoy it a whole bunch when I was younger ;--)

Of course your blogging stype would be ‘thoughtful and considerate’ because that’s who you are! You’re certainly a good listener and friend … definitely well-liked … and I’ve wondering if you feel underrated?

You’re right … about me not sharing Blogthings or Quizzes for a long time. I’ve had other things to post about since starting with Fun Monday, Heads or Tails, One Single Impression, Camera Critters, and a few other weekend memes in addition to T-13, Wordless Wednesday, Haiku Friday, and Sacred Life Sunday. No wonder I’m busy!!! I’m doing way too much aren’t I?

Sigh! At the moment it’s 1000+ unread posts again in Google Reader and more than 350 unread emails. I’ve got to stop checking the little box … especially since most bloggers don’t leave responses on posts like I do. I need to give all this some consideration and set some priorities … make some changes … and free up some time.
Hugs and blessings,

NicciN said...

How fun! Like the idea of Smiley Saturday. Just posted my blogging personality.

storyteller said...

Yertle – I thought it fun as well. I’ll checked out your blogging personality just now and think it certainly ‘suits you’ well … perhaps a better match than my results felt for me! Thanks for playing along ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Tina Coruth said...

Avoiding housecleaning like the plague! LOL

hugs,
Tina

storyteller said...

Tina, – Me too … most days ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails