Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Saturday, May 10, 2008

PhotoHunt#3 - SmileySaturday & Saturday9 #2


Since this is a 'free' week ...
here's a rose from my garden for
all you Mom's out there;--)

Happy Mother's Day



I'm smiling this morning because a good friend plans to walk the annual Mother's Day Weekend Craft Fair in Sunset Beach today for two reasons:

1. she's always wanted to go but somehow it never works out to get there

2. she knows it's something I've done with my sister (who's currently traveling in Ohio with her husband and therefore unavailable this year) for decades

I'm leaving to pick her up as soon as I get this posted and I'm sure we'll have a delightful time!


Today's Topic is What Do You Notice?

1. What is the first thing you notice about a person (that you are attracted to) when you meet them? Personality & attitudes ... are they friendly & outgoing, reserved & shy, funny, serious, etc.

2. What has been your worst illness or injury? I live with Epstein-Barr ... have for more than a decade.

3. Have you ever had a secret crush and then told the person? If yes, how did it go? No ... I'm rather forthright so if I like someone I say so ;--)

4. What was the last drink that you ordered at a pub or a bar? a glass of White Zinfandel while waiting to be seated to dine

5. What car have you owned that was your favorite? a brand new 1968 yellow Volkswagen Beetle

6. What is your favorite holiday? my birthday ... celebrated my 63rd most recently in February and shared with blogging friends here.

7. Have you ever had sex with someone that in retrospect was (and stayed) a stranger? Nope

8. Who is your favorite female singer? Barbra Streisand

9. How often do you read the newspaper? Once upon a time I read it daily ... for decades, but haven't read one for at least 12 years and certainly don't miss it!

Click for others participating this week.

Thought for Today
"He who has a thousand friends has not a friend to spare,
And he who has one enemy will meet him everywhere."
Ralph Waldo Emerson


31 comments:

Eve said...

Thank you for the rose. Happy Mothers' Day to you, too.

Your meme shows once again that we are much alike. I consider that a compliment as I find nothing objectionable in you. :)

imac said...

Beautiful Rose.

pop and see my Angels.

Akelamalu said...

What a beautiful rose!

Sarge Charlie said...

nice way to say happy mothers day

Unknown said...

Beautiful Rose!

peppylady (Dora) said...

Beautiful rose, did you grow it?

My photo is up and I tried something new with my camera

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

What a beautiful rose!
Hope you have a Happy Mother's Day!

~ Anna Sue

storyteller said...

Eve – You’re quite welcome and thanks back at ya! I take any and all similarities between us as compliments … always. I do hope you're feeling better each day and will be fully recovered from the fall soon.

Imac, Akelamalu, Sarge Charlie, John, Peppylady, and Anna Sue – Thanks to each of you for visiting and sharing your reactions today! Yes … this rose in growing my front yard. Its color is such a deep red, some of the petals look like black velvet!

I just returned from the Mother’s Day Craft Fair in Sunset Beach and lunch out with my friend. I’m delighted to find your comments here and will be visiting blogs in a little while, but Molly needs a walk … so I’m headed outside again for an hour or so. Hope you’re all having a wonderful weekend!
Hugs and blessings,

Barb said...

Happy Mother's Day! Lovely red rose! Love your Emerson quoatation, it's so very true.

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous Rose... hope you enjoyed the mothers day craft fair!

Momisodes said...

What a lovely red rose :) I do love your roses.

I had no idea you had a VW beetle :) I loved the older models.

Hope you're having a lovely weekend!

Anonymous said...

happy mother's day to you!

Joyce said...

I hope you and your friend had a lovely time at the craft fair. :)

Thank you for sharing the photo of your lovely rose; I can almost smell the wonderful fragrance!

Anonymous said...

Love the Rose photo, I also don't read the newspaper, and.... gotta love Ralph Waldo Emerson! Have an awesome weekend, and thanks for visiting.

Anonymous said...

Whoof! I liked all yur posting here. Good place to visit. Thanks fur comin' to my dog blog fur the Photo Hunt.

storyteller said...

WillThink4Wine – It’s good of you to visit and share your thoughts. Thanks ;--)

Katef – Thank you and we both enjoyed the craft fair very much. She found a lovely gift for her daughter & son-in-law and we each bought jewelry for ourselves.

Sandy – I wish I could get one to you to enjoy first-hand! As for Volkswagens … shortly after I bought my yellow bug, my husband wanted one too … of course we got a green one (with a sun roof) and no longer argued over who got to drive the nifty car. Shortly after buying our 1st home, we realized we needed something larger to haul stuff home (lawnmowers, trash bins, etc.) so we sold the green bug to a friend and bought ourselves and big, blue & white Volkswagen Bus ;--)

Bingskee – I appreciate the good wishes and will definitely enjoy the day, but I’m not a mom.

Joyce – You’re quite welcome. The red rose smells almost as wonderful as the apricot roses do. As for the Craft Fair, we had a lovely time … and even shared a bit of it with my sister via cell-phone. I did make one purchase in a moment of weakness, but the pendant is a hand-made ‘one of a kind’ Brazilian agate stone ‘wrapped’ in sterling silver. Perhaps I’ll post a photo of it so everyone can see.

Alice – I’m always intrigued to find others of my generation adopting similar ‘habits’ and preferences. I knew I’d encountered a ‘kindred spirit’ when I saw the quotes on your blog.

Reba – Molly and I are always delighted to have you visit ;--)

Thanks to all for stopping by and leaving your comments. May you each enjoy this special Sunday!
Hugs and blessings,

Susan Demeter said...

Beautiful Rose! Hope you had a great time :)

Happy Photo Hunting!

maryt/theteach said...

I must be hallucinating - I actually smell the rose!! Beautiful, storyteller!

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) said...

Ahhhh... I love roses. :)

Deb @ Sugarfused said...

Thanks for the beautiful Mother's Day rose! I hope you have a lovely day also :)

Phyl said...

Such a beautiful rose! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Hugs...

sammawow said...

Lovely picture of the Rose! I did flowers for Photohunt also!

storyteller said...

Sue – Thanks … and I had a wonderful time!

the teach – Smile! Perhaps you can?

Rebecca – Me too ;--)

Deb – You’re quite welcome … and I did have a lovely day, thanks.

Phyl – ‘tis my pleasure to share!

Sammawow – Thanks for visiting and leaving the link back to your blog. Your roses are beautiful too and I love the way you captured the ‘bees’ …

I appreciate each of you visiting and sharing your thoughts. Hope you’re having a marvelous Monday~
Hugs and blessings,

Anonymous said...

Your saturday plans sound wonderful. I hope the day turned out really well.

storyteller said...

leechbabe – My Saturday (like most days) was delightful, thanks. My ‘slow-paced’ retired life has suddenly gotten BUSY … but it’s all good. Have a wonderful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Karen said...

Oooo...good one!

I bought a 2002 "Blue Lagoon" Volkswagen Beetle--I'd never thought much about cars, but I absolutely LOVE this one--I intend to drive it till it falls apart!

Loved the rose photo & loved what you shared!

storyteller said...

Karen – Oh … I’m a bit jealous! I’ve thought about getting one of the ‘new’ VW Bugs myself from time to time, but then I remind myself I need a bigger car for Molly … and for ‘hauling household stuff’ … talking myself out of the ‘impulse’ … since owning TWO cars (especially considering what they cost these days) seems ridiculous somehow since I hardly drive anywhere at all anymore. I’d love to see photos of yours though ;--)

I guess you had time today for some ‘catch up’ because you’ve left comments on several posts. Thanks for all the feedback! Hope all’s well with you and yours.
Hugs and blessings,

-tnchick- said...

Hope you had a nice Mother's Day, as well. Beautiful rose.

storyteller said...

TNChick – Thanks, I had a lovely weekend. I appreciate you stopping by and am so glad Zoey is doing well after her ‘city’ experiences ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Tina Coruth said...

Storyteller,

Your rose is absolutely beautiful!

I used to read the Sunday paper every day. Then I developed a sensitivity to the ink. Now I rely on the TV news and read the papers online. Sometimes, it's too depressing and I let it go for a while.

hugs,
Tina

storyteller said...

Tina – Thanks. I’ve only got a couple of roses blooming in my yard at the moment, but there will be new growth, buds, and roses, soon. My sensitivity was to the ‘news’ itself. One day I’d had enough of bad news and decided I didn’t need to contaminate my mind with it any more … stopped ‘cold turkey’ and have never regretted the decision.
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails