Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Photo Hunt #4 - Smiley Saturday #4 and More ...


This week's prompt is: Shoes

These Keen Sandals are my favorites for walking I have them in many colors.

For casual wear I choose these favorite slip on sandals by Merrill and these UGG sandals on chillier days.
and on rainy days like today my older Keens and/or these Croc-like clogs from Easy Spirit that feel better on my feet than Crocs.
I've got LOTS more just like these!

Click for others participating this week
in Photo Hunters

~ ~ ~ ~ ~


Last night's drizzles watered the yard for me ...
so I didn't have to do it by hand today.


and there won't be as many
noisy Memorial Day weekend parties
leaving trash in the yard and/or keeping us awake
to all hours here at the beach.

I hope you're having better weather for your
holiday weekend barbeques ;--)

(Click for others participating this week)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


Fill in the blanks with as many words as you wish

1. Air - is usually fresher and more breathable on the coast than the air inland. Today it's raining (even though it's Memorial Day weekend) so the air smells extra clean!

2. Sea - breezes keep temperatures pleasant here near the ocean

3. Land - the airplane safely please ;--)

4. Below - the radar

~ ~ ~

If you'd like to participate ... you can do so in comments or on your own blog. Just fill In The Blanks With As Many Words As You Wish ... and leave me a link so I can read your answers too.

1. Air___________?

2. Sea___________?

3. Land__________?

4. Below_________?


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

1. Who was your best friend?
I had a group of friends through Junior High and High School ... including Karen, Joyce, Marilyn, Shirley, and Pat (now known as Tricia)... most of whom I've totally lost track of other than Tricia ... though we've not seen one another for years. We do keep in contact at the holiday season.

2. Did you play any sports?
I played tennis and some basketball, but my passion in HS was 'dance' ... and I participated in classes for several years and performed in stage productions while in HS. I gave up dance for tennis in college however.

3. What kind of car did you drive?
I didn't own a car when I was in high school but was occasionally permitted to drive my Mom's Ford Galaxy (once I had a license). My brother taught me to drive his Plymouth stick-shift. He was the one who took me to get my learner's permit and was responsible for me returning with my actual license at the age of 15 and a half ... much to my parent's dismay and my friend's disbelief.

4. It’s Friday night. Where were you?
At home with my family of origin (remember my mom was Dutch and quite conservative) most nights ... but occasionally at a movie or school dance.

5. Were you a party animal?
Nope ... never have been the life of a party!

6. Were you considered a flirt?
I don't believe so. I was quite shy around boys in high school, though I did have a 'boy-friend' I met at church ... eventually married him at 23 ... and we were divorced 21 years later.

7. Were you in the band, orchestra or choir?
I played the clarinet in Junior High but not in High School. I did sing in a vocal choir for a while at school and church.

8. Were you a nerd?
I was alway a good student, but never a 'nerd' ... though I had friends who definitely delighted in the label for themselves.

9. Were you ever suspended or expelled?
No ... I never wanted to disappoint my family, so I consistently followed 'rules' as a kid.


(Click for others participating this week)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thought for Today
"Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kind of good weather." John Ruskin

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos here and wealth of Saturday fun!
Thanks for stopping by the home of the CrAzY Working Mom!

Snap Catch said...

nice catch for today's theme.... mine's up too hope you can drop by... Happy weekend!

Betty said...

I love all your cute shoes you have shown us today, Virginia. Also enjoyed reading your memes and getting to know you a little better. I have a different take on shoes for today.

david mcmahon said...

Plenty of footwear choice!! Some great angle on your weather pictures, too ...

Anonymous said...

oo.....they certainly look very comfy to walk in too! :)

Kwizgiver said...

We have similar taste in sandals. And you have so many lovely photos posted... plus the great answers to the Saturday Special and Saturday 9. There's always so much to read and look at on your blog.

Thanks for taking time to visit mine.

:-)

Anonymous said...

Fun shoe post. I think I'll check out those Keen Sandals. They look like something that would be good for So. Cal. Hope Memorial Day isn't too noisey for you this year! :0)

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

Very nice shoes!!
We'd rather have rain than fireworks any day. Fireworks scare us and really frighten Bob and Patrick.

Hope you have a nice day, even with the rain.

ancient one said...

I'm loving seeing all these pretty and practical shoes. I need more!

storyteller said...

CrazyWorkingMom – Thanks. I did get a bit carried away today didn’t I? I started with Saturday 9 then worked from the bottom up, adding Photo Hunt at the end when I realized what the topic was. Usually I do just two things each week. I enjoyed visiting yours too!

Snap Catch – Thanks for stopping by and inviting me to see your ‘chocolate’ shoes! Yummy, indeed!

Betty – I think I must have been visiting you about the same time you dropped by here. Glad you enjoyed my multi-tasking ;--)

David – Oh … that’s just a small sampling of the shoes I own. Thanks for the feedback on my photos. I’ve been experimenting lately with my Casio Exilim to see what I can capture … and today’s batch was fun.

Mistyeiz – Keens are comfortable indeed and they’re all weather shoes … so you can wear them in the water too!

Kwizgiver – I appreciate the lovely feedback and am glad you enjoyed your visit. Perhaps because it was raining today … or just because I’ve not spent much time blogging lately … everything seemed like fun … so I did it all in one fell swoop ;--)

EllenB – My sister wears the ‘Newport’ variety of Keen sandals because her feet are narrower than mine, but I prefer the ‘Venice’ style since my feet are wider. Both styles are ‘water shoes’ but I usually take them off at the beach because I don’t like the feel of sand inside them.

Cats~Goats~Quotes – Actually, I enjoyed today’s rain showers … for all the reasons I mentioned in my post. I don’t like fireworks … nor does Molly. They’re illegal in my town but that doesn’t seem to stop folks from setting them off unfortunately … but rain does put a damper on them.

Ancient One – I buy my Keens at REI, the Walking Store, and online at Zappos.com

I hope you’re all having a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! Thanks for spending a bit of it here at Small Reflections.
Hugs and blessings,

sammawow said...

I do like all of your shoes today! Have a nice weekend!

Everyday Healy said...

Nice shoes. I like shopping too! :P

Momisodes said...

I love those Easy Spirit clogs! They look incredibly comfy :) Your shoes are such a lovely reflection of your beach lifestyle. I love it!

Sorry to hear it's been a wet weekend so far. hope it dries up for you Sunday!

Anonymous said...

Love seeing the rain. We never get enough of it over here in Australia.

Joyce said...

The photos of the rainy beach look so cozy and refreshing. :)

My, what a lot of nice shoes you have; something for every occasion, and all comfortable-looking!

The reminiscing post was enjoyable, too. :)

MaR said...

Nice pictures of your comfortable shoes!!
and what a productive Satuday :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for joining in Smiley Saturday this week. :) Nice to see you had some rain.

Susan Demeter said...

The Uggs look super comfy! I have always wanted to buy a pair :)

Deb @ Sugarfused said...

Those sandals look super comfy!
Glad you're getting some rain. I think we may get some tonight or tomorrow.
Hope you're having a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Nice post for the theme, just keep it up and enjoy what you like to do!

Check mine HERE!!!

Happy Weekend!

storyteller said...

Sammawow – Thanks … and hope you have a wonderful weekend too ;--)

Everday Healy – I used to shop all the time, but stopped (cold turkey) about 10 months ago when it occurred to me that I have more than I need of EVERYTHING … so I’ve only shopped for groceries since then and I’ve been doing my best to clear out clutter … though methinks it may take a lifetime at this point.

Sandy – They ARE incredible comfortable … and practical too! I wish I had them in more than two colors, but I’m not going to buy any more because I’m got too many shoes as is. As for the weather, I’m enjoying it … as long as the rain stops periodically so Molly can go outside and play.

Leechbabe – In Southern California we go through periodic ‘weather swings’ … from drought conditions to incredible amounts of rain and back to dry in various years … bringing us to an average of somewhere around 10 or inches per year. This year we’ve been having more rain than usual and I love it!

Joyce – The only occasions I don’t have appropriate shoes for are ‘dressy ones’ … but somehow I manage when they arise to find something suitable (if not fashionable). Age does have benefits in these matters.

Mar – I did accomplish more yesterday than I have for a while ‘blog-wise’ … with posting and visiting.

Lightening – You’re welcome. It’s truly my pleasure to focus on the positive. I do that weekly on my other blog with Sunday postings for Blog Your Blessings and Sacred Life Sunday … which reminds me I need to think about what to share there today.

Sue – I own a few pair of UGG boots for cold weather (lavender, blue, and black ones) and owned Decker stock for a while (making some good money but selling it too early). The sandals were a whim when I saw them … but they’re wonderfully comfortable and a little warmer on cool days when I want to wear sandals rather than clogs. I love them, but sometimes they’re a bit warm when the weather warms up.

Deb – I’m delighted by the rain this weekend and hope you get some too ;--)

ChaRi, Denz, and BlogScope
Thanks for dropping by. I’ll visit as time permits in a little while perhaps.

Thanks to all of you for visiting Small Reflections today and sharing your thoughts. I hope you’re all having a wonderful holiday weekend!
Hugs and blessings,

Anonymous said...

Slip ons are my all-time favorite. I heard UGG is a great footwear. I do not own one yet. :-)

storyteller said...

MamaMeji – Since retiring from teaching, when I wear something on my feet ... I choose almost nothing but ‘slip-on’ shoes or sandals, but UGGs feel wonderful on the feet … especially in cold weather. Thanks for stopping by. Hope you’re enjoying your weekend.
Hugs and blessings,

Tina Coruth said...

Storyteller,

I never heard of "Keens" sandals. I will have to check them out. They look very comfortable.

I hope your weather dried up for the weekend. I enjoyed your rain collages.

Hugs,
Tina

storyteller said...

Tina – Thanks. It’s kind of fun to shoot pictures in the rain and play with them visually. Keens are a bit ‘clunky’ in appearance, but they’re certainly comfortable and versatile! It was rainy this morning, but the weather cleared up around 9:30 … and it’s sunny (if a bit cool & breezy) at the moment. Of course it’s about 3:15 in the afternoon. Hope you had a good Memorial Day weekend too.
Hugs and blessings,

Karen said...

Love the shoes--you're definitely a Californian--no boots, no closed shoes...

I loved the pics--and the questions/answers--more details about storyteller! What kind of dance were you interested in?

Air: freedom, breathe, communication, fairies

Sea: power, churning, relentless, deep, scary

Land: security, strength, stableness, solidity

Below: dark, deep, fear

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) said...

Those look so comfy!

storyteller said...

Karen – Yup … I’m a native California gal through & through! The class was Modern Dance but covered lots of genres and I loved them all. I still like to dance but never had any ‘formal’ training outside of public school. Loved your answers to the Saturday Meme … especially how you got from the prompt to interesting places through your associations!

Rebecca – They ARE comfy … and infinitely practical for the ‘beach dweller’ in me.

Thanks to both of you! Hope you’re having a wonderful Wednesday!
Hugs and blessings,

-tnchick- said...

I like those UGG sandals =) and the blue ones, too...

storyteller said...

TN Chick – Both are VERY comfortable for a gal like me who would rather be barefoot. LOL
Thanks for stopping by. Reminds me I need to check tomorrow’s prompt and consider what to share ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails