Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Camera Critters #3 - Unconscious Mutterings #4

Misty Dawn started the meme and explains the rules here:

Ms. Kitty


watches the world go by ...


* * * * * * * * * * * * *

I'm playing for the 4th time today.
How about you?


What comes to YOUR mind?
If you'd like to play here, copy and paste the clues in comments along with your responses ... or post on your blog and let me know so I can visit ;--)

Here are MY responses:
I say ... and you think ... ?
  1. State :: of mind or being
  2. Lively :: dancing
  3. Valet :: parks & retrieves cars
  4. Traction :: needed to avoid skids and spin-outs in stormy weather
  5. Official :: recognized formally
  6. Red hot :: Chili Peppers
  7. Powder :: character in a movie
  8. Replies :: answers, comments, observations
  9. Flagrant :: glaring, outrageous, or offensively obvious
  10. Tweet:: Sylvester and Tweety-bird cartoons
I say ... and you think ... ?
  1. State ::
  2. Lively ::
  3. Valet ::
  4. Traction ::
  5. Official ::
  6. Red hot ::
  7. Powder ::
  8. Replies ::
  9. Flagrant ::
  10. Tweet::
Click for others participating in 'UM' this week.

Thought for Today
"Sunday clears away the rust of the whole week." Joseph Addison

22 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

I really like your association with 'official' - to recognize formally. That took some deep thinking!!

High 5!

storyteller said...

Hootin' Anni - How funny! Methinks I was leaving YOU a comment the same time you were leaving ME this comment here. Dunno about deep thinking ... I'm working on my 1st cup of coffee and haven't eaten breakfast yet ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Karen said...

Here we go:

State::Church
Lively::Dance
Valet::Parking
Traction::Broken Leg
Official::Rules
Red hot::Chili Peppers
Powder::Room
Replies::Preferred
Flagrant::Sex
Tweet::Sylvester the Cat

That was fun! Now I'm going back and looking at your responses (I didn't want to be influenced!)

Sandy M said...

Great mutterings!

Kwizgiver said...

Oh, I didn't even think of the movie Powder... that was a good one!

Anonymous said...

Lively::dancing is one of my favorite responses this morning. It just evokes so many mental images; great answer.
(And who is Powder?)

Akelamalu said...

What a beautiful cat!

Anonymous said...

Lively dancing is a great response!
Great mutterings and I hope you have some time to stop by mine.

Anonymous said...

Powder is a character in a movie? Really? I guess I need to get out more!

Great mutterings!

storyteller said...

SandyM – Thanks … I’ve been visiting OSI posts (belatedly) this morning and will visit ‘mutterings’ later.

Kwizgiver – How fun that I managed to come up with a ‘unique’ response ;--)

Gracie – I’m assuming others have gone with ‘dancing’ for ‘lively’ … and Powder was an ‘abused albino boy’ in a film released in the mid 1990s … vividly etched in my mind.

Akelamalu – Thanks (on her behalf). She’s a bit smaller than normal but seems to know how to take care of herself by being shy and reclusive for the most part. She 'suns' herself like this only when I'm close by ;--)

Jean – I’m happy you think so. I’ll be visiting ‘mutterings’ in a little while. At the moment I’m trying to catch up on last week’s OSI posts because the NEW prompt is up today.

Claudia – If memory serves, Powder was the NAME of the movie as well as the ‘main character’ … but it’s from more than a decade ago because I don’t GO to movies any more and haven’t for some time.

Thanks to each of you for visiting. Hope you’re having a wonderful weekend and I’ll be by later to see what you’ve shared.
Hugs and blessings,

Michele said...

Oh boy, your Ms. Kitty is gorgeous! Obviously loves to sit in the sun and enjoy the sights... beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Ms. Kitty is a gorgeous cat and she looks like she's enjoying her place in the sun. :)

Anonymous said...

Ms. Kitty sure is a pretty little girl. Thanks for sharing her.

ShannonW said...

Ms. Kitty is very beautiful and looks like she is enjoying herself.

It seems like a lot of folks choose "Chili Peppers" for "Red Hot"

Mom Knows Everything said...

Ms.Kitty is gorgeous!

storyteller said...

Michele and Sherry - Yes she does … yet it always amazes me how a black cat doesn’t find it too warm out there in the sun ;--)

Nancy and Tammy – Thanks …She’s pretty ‘shy’ most of the time and ‘hides out’ in the bushes, but when I’m in the front yard (without Molly) Ms. Kitty ‘suns’ herself like this.

Shannon – I was thinking of a Red Hat group I know of when I responded ‘Chili Peppers’ … they’re a lively bunch of gals ;--)

Thanks to each of you for stopping by. I've visited OSI and Camera Critters participants and now I’m about to go visiting now to check on the ‘mutterings’ of others before I create my Sunday post at Sacred Ruminations.
Hugs and blessings,

threesidesofcrazy said...

Ms. Kitty certainly looks prim & proper!

Eve said...

You inspired me to play along. Mine are up http://adamswife.wordpress.zazzysmilies.com/?p=44.

AppleDebbie said...

Ms. Kitty is a beauty! Absolutely gorgeous.

storyteller said...

Tamy and AppleDebbie
Thanks … I think she’s pretty special too and methinks she’s quite ‘regal’ … perhaps with some ‘Siamese’ ancestry. In the sun, she has a ‘chocolate’ tint to her coloring that always catches me by surprise.

Eve – I’m glad you joined the fun and left me the link. I enjoyed reading your responses.

Thanks to all 3 of you for your comments. Hope you’re having a marvelous Monday!
Hugs and blessings,

Tina Coruth said...

Storyteller,

Nice kitty cat!

I enjoyed your meme. The one association that screamed out to me was:
State - of confusion! LOL

hugs,
Tina

storyteller said...

Tina – Ms. Kitty enjoys hanging out in the front yard as long as Molly’s in the back yard or the house. Glad you found my ‘mindless mutterings’ laughable ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails