Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Sunday, May 18, 2008

CameraCritters#5 & UnconsciousMutterings#6

Misty Dawn started the meme and explains the rules here:
A totally 'tuckered out' Molly ...
... definitely knows how to 'recover quickly'
after enthusiastic play ;--)

Click for others participating in Camera Critters today.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm participating for the 6th time today.
How about you?


What comes to YOUR mind?
If you'd like to play here, copy and paste the clues in comments along with your responses ... or post on your blog and let me know so I can visit ;--)

Here are MY responses:
I say ... and you think ... ?


I say ... and you think ... ?

  1. Concentration :: game we played as kids ... and a necessary life skill
  2. Relocated :: moved from one place to another, often without choice
  3. Clot :: leads to STROKE and probable disability
  4. Joints :: hang-outs with music and friends ... as in juke-joints (and methinks I just officially dated myself as ancient)
  5. Satellite :: moons circling planets
  6. Money back :: guarantee
  7. Kittens :: cute little furry things that become cats
  8. Shady :: place to sit on my patio and read on a warm Spring day like today ... enjoying my garden and a bit of leisure time outdoors
  9. Drain :: rhymes with brain
  10. Stroke:: of genius (as in a creative idea) ... or see #3 above
Your turn! I say ... and you think ... ?
  1. Concentration ::
  2. Relocated ::
  3. Clot ::
  4. Joints ::
  5. Satellite ::
  6. Money back ::
  7. Kittens ::
  8. Shady ::
  9. Drain ::
  10. Stroke::
Click for others participating this week.

Thought for Today
"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." Gilda Radner

27 comments:

b13 said...

Molly is adorable and definitely tuckered ;)

i beati said...

though tired has paw on ball -how really adorable- like the giraffe sculpture too

Hootin Anni said...

laughing at #10 and our 'joints' are kinda similar this week.

My Mutterings are shared. Drop by if you can ---as I love Sunday company!!

i beati said...

Concentration ::me now
Relocated ::left this place
Clot ::blood forming
Joints ::gettin older
Satellite ::my tv
Money back ::wishful thinking
Kittens ::soon
Shady ::spot to lie in here in Fl doubt it
Drain ::energy today gone
Stroke- of genious

Anonymous said...

You are SO right about concentration as a necessary life skill!! Juke joints is a great answer (I think I'm ancient, too)
And thanks for the Gilda Radner quote.

Texas Travelers said...

Molly has it right, just relax.

Come and visit,
Troy

Joyce said...

Hi, Storyteller,
I joined in with Unconscious Mutterings this week. :)
Have a beautiful day.

ratmammy said...

good night molly!

Misty DawnS said...

I love the shot of Molly using the toy for a pillow. That is such a sweet post!

Debbie said...

Molly is adorable.

Phyl said...

Not only is Molly adorable...I find her to be quite the wise dog:).

I enjoy a good nap now and then myself.

Sharon said...

Your Molly sure looks sweet. I used to have the sweetest black lab named Molly.

Sharon said...

Concentration :: Lost it
Relocated :: moved
Clot :: blood
Joints :: stiff
Satellite :: space lab
Money back :: guarantee
Kittens :: sweet
Shady :: a nice place to sit
Drain :: clogged
Stroke:: grandma

Lilli & Nevada said...

Oh my she is tuckered out, her and Princess would have fun playing ball

storyteller said...

b13 – She seems to have two speeds -- ‘full speed ahead’ then ‘collapse’ ;--)

i beati – Molly loves her toys and likes to keep them close by. The giraffe photo in my sidebar is of a life-sized metal sculpture I happened upon while meandering the streets of Taos, NM last summer. Thanks for playing along with Unconscious Mutterings in comments. Hope you have more energy today and that you find good homes for the kittens on the way.

Hootin’ Anni – I’ve not visited anyone yet but hope to get out there in a little while. Hope you had a lovely weekend. Our weather was just too perfect to stay indoors!

Gracie – Thanks and you’re welcome. I’m assuming you ‘muttered’ too … and I’ll look forward to seeing your responses later.

Texas Travelers – In my experience, dogs teach us many necessary lessons. I’ll definitely stop by.

Joyce – Wonderful! I’ll enjoy checking out your responses when I get to your blog. Hope you had a restful weekend.

Ratmammy – Heheh … you did notice the daylight, right? LOL

Misty Dawn – Thanks. She’s such a joy in my life … filled with energy and enthusiasm constantly … even in her dreams no doubt ;--)

Thorough Thick and Thin – I couldn’t agree more.

Phyl – Amen to that! Unfortunately, napping isn’t in my repertoire these days … but I do know how to ‘rest’ and relax when needed throughout the day.

Sharon – All labs are sweet aren’t they! Until I settled on ‘Molly’ … I’d never encountered a dog with that name, but since then I’ve learned it’s one of the most popular dog names ever! Interestingly, yesterday a fellow named Keith walked by with an 11 month old lab even whiter than mine … named (are you ready for this?) MOLLY!!! I’ve got adorable photos of the two of them playing in my front yard and I’ll probably share this unexpected experience for Camera Critters on next Sunday. Thanks for ‘muttering’ … I’m always surprised to see the variety of responses to these prompts each week. Hope ‘grandma’ recovered and you’ve got ‘Draino’ on hand.

Lilli & Nevada – Molly loves to play … always!

I appreciate everyone visiting and sharing your thoughts. I spent the weekend outside … enjoying the glorious warm Southern California weather here at the beach so I’ll be playing ‘catch-up’ today. Hope you had a wonderful weekend too!
Hugs and blessings,

Anonymous said...

My daughter's crazed beagles will play for ever and then sleep for a day. Dogs are weird! (Yes, I'm a cat person). I love those sleeping dog days! Your dog is so pretty!

Melissa said...

Very often these conjure up images for me, not other words. I guess I'm very literal that way.

1. Concentration :: Camp
2. Relocated :: Witness Protection Program
3. Clot :: Blood
4. Joints :: Inflammation
5. Satellite :: Space Station or Radio
6. Money back :: Guarantee
7. Kittens :: An image of striped kittens, eyes closed. Smiling. Sleepy. Curled up together.
8. Shady :: Squirrel
9. Drain :: Clogged/Draino
10. Stroke:: An image of a stroke victim or half droop of face.

And Molly is beautiful.

storyteller said...

Andrée – I used to have Beagles years ago … and they are active! Molly says ‘woof’ while wagging her tail (dog talk for thank you).

Melissa – How fun! I enjoyed your ‘mutterings’ … found the ‘images’ vivid … especially for #1, 2, and 7. I’m wondering about the connection between ‘shady’ and ‘squirrel’ … and Molly’s flattered with your compliment.

Joyce – Thanks for playing along with ‘UM’ this week and leaving the ‘link’ back to my ‘mutterings’ … I enjoyed reading your responses and am impressed with your ‘specificity’ on a few.

I hope you’re all having a wonderful week! If I’ve not visited your blog yet, I’ll drop by as soon as time permits.
Hugs and blessings,

Melissa said...

Rosie O'Donnell has a squirrel that visits her regularly. She's nicknamed it "Shady."

storyteller said...

Melissa – I see. Thanks for the follow-up. I’m often amazed by the things I don’t know that everyone else seems to be aware of … but now I know too. I'm glad I asked and you answered ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Karen said...

I'm way behind, but I can I still play?

Concentration::Ready or not
Relocated::Left home
Clot::Blood
Joints::Illegal
Satellite::Dish
Money Back::Guaranteed
Kittens::Want one
Shady::Deal
Drain::Darnell (I went to elementary school with him.)
Stroke::Disability

storyteller said...

Karen – It’s never too late to play! Enjoyed your answers. Do you really want a kitten … and (if so), why don’t you just go ahead and get one? You knew someone named Darnell Drain? The strangest name I remember from MY youth was a girl I always felt a bit sorry for named Dusty Screws … seriously!

I guess you’ve been as busy as ME lately! Glad you found time to visit and catch up. Thanks ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

NicciN said...

Just posted mine. Thanks for reminding me about this.

storyteller said...

Yertle – I’m happy to oblige … and enjoyed your ‘mutterings’ just now. Thanks for playing along and letting me know here.
Hugs and blessings,

Tina Coruth said...

Awww - Molly is so cute!

hugs,
Tina

Tina Coruth said...

Molly is so cute, I forgot what I wanted to say about the list. Actually, I don't know what it says about me, but when I read "Relocated" I immediately thought, "witness protection program." LOL

hugs,
Tina

storyteller said...

Tina – You might enjoy trying the ‘unconscious mutterings’ on Sundays too. It’s kind of fun to play and then see what others post by comparison. If you don’t want to do it on your own blog, you can copy and paste the words into comments here and add your own answers.
Hugs and blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails