Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Thursday, April 2, 2009

T-13 Walking with my Sister -- Balboa Island Ferry

Make Time for Small Reflections
Scroll down for Haiku Friday
This is my 5th ...

My first was here at Small Reflections
my second & fourth are at Sacred Ruminations
& my third at Happily Retired Gal


13 Scenic Photos from Balboa Island
in Southern California
Click to embiggen for better viewing, for others participating
in Scenic Sunday
and Thursday Thirteen




Wednesday my sister
hit the road again with her
husband headed for

Alaska in June
where they plan to spend a month
before returning

to the USA
then continue traveling
until December.

The photos above
are from our most recent walk
around Balboa

Island last Tuesday
after lunch at PF Chang's
in Fashion Island.

I intend to share
more photos I've taken soon
... possibly today?


Click for others participating in Haiku Friday.
See also a 2nd T-13 today and an early HaikuFridaySkyWatch
with my March Gratitude List at Happily Retired Gal

Small Reflections ... Smile Back

Thought for Today
"Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends." Richard Bach

17 comments:

Sandee said...

What a fun day you two must of had. Good for you. As always I love your collage.

Have a terrific day honey. Big hug. :)

Sylvia K said...

Love your collage, as always! Sounds like a really great day! So nice when we can have those!

anthonynorth said...

A nice collection of pics, there.

Ana said...

I loved the Bach Thought.
The photos are great!
:)

Janet said...

I love them all, especially the one of the tern!

Mike Golch said...

looks like you to had a blast.

On a limb with Claudia said...

gosh, I haven't thought about the Balboa ferry in at least a decade! What a wonderful way to spend the day with your sister! Good for you for making it a positive experience!

((hug))

Daily Panic said...

thanks for sharing these, it's raining here in Alabama so I am wishing for some sunshine.

Jo, a retired teacher said...

Sounds like a nice time.

I had to smile at your gratitude for a new perm to make your hair "care-free" again. For lots of my life I thought lovely straight hair would be truly easy to deal with. Grass is always greener.....

Forgetfulone said...

I loved your poem. And awesome photos!

Hootin Anni said...

A super poem Ms. "V"!!!! And I love your collage. It was great seeing you dropping by for a visit.

Karen said...

I'm glad you were able to spend so much time with your sister--and the photos are lovely!

Rikki said...

Great collage and pictures. I've been there once, it was lovely. Those pictures take me back there. Happy TT!

Mary said...

Storyteller,

Sounds like you and your sister had a great time. I'm glad the two of you are close. I would love to be with her on her trip to Alaska.

Great photos. Thanks so much for sharing.

Blessings,
Mary

Heather said...

Looks like it was a really great day. So jealous of anyone with warm temps right now, especially with more snow predicted for the weekend. Isn't it supposed to be spring??

http://wordtrix.blogspot.com/

kitten said...

Wonderful! Great job on the photo!

Travis Cody said...

Love the pictures. Looks like a grand day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails