Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Friday, April 24, 2009

HF#133 - Checking out Late Afternoon Skies

Make Time for Small Reflections

My heart goes out to
everyone affected by
Myrtle Beach fires ...


From the deck above
the garage my evening skies
obscured by wires

often dramatic ...
as the photos I've collaged
and shared here today.


Click to embiggen for better viewing.
Find others participating in ...
Haiku Friday, SkyWatch and Looking at the Sky this week.

lookingatthesky
See also today's Haiku Sky Watch Friday at
Happily Retired Gal and Sacred Ruminations

Small Reflections ... Smile Back

Thought for Today
"If you break your neck, if you have nothing to eat, if your
house is on fire, then you got a problem. Everything else is inconvenience." Robert Fulghum

16 comments:

nature ramblings said...

I always enjoy your thought for the day. So True!!!! Nice grouping of skys. The wires always add a little something and they are so hard to get away from. Thanks for sharing. Happy Friday!

Enigma said...

A great collage. Wonderful blues!!! Buts what is in those contrails? LOL. Thanks for sharing!

Quiet Paths said...

I just love your sky and palm trees. You are right; we need fewer wires in our lives!

Pat - Arkansas said...

Lovely skies in your collage -- wires and all.

I do like the Fulgham quote. Thanks!

Tarolino said...

You have a wonderful talent for finding these great quotes for us to chew on. Combined with your collages of those wonderful skies of yours these posts are a true joy.

Ari_1965 said...

Our brief hat wave is over (hit 90F yesterday) and we're going back down to 50s. My kind of weather. The skies haven't been the shades of blue in your photos--we've mostly had that pale, almost pastel, shade of blue that often goes with buffeting winds and hot temps.

Maude Lynn said...

Gorgeous colors!

Ralph said...

You could view these wires as abstract props in your wonderful collage...

Dianne said...

I've never seen anyone make power wires look as beautiful as you have!

Kim said...

Great photos! I love the way the light is hitting the clouds.

I played too over at Look at the Sky on Friday! Come on over. :)

Linnea said...

Awesome skies and collage...you never disappoint me. The sky was full of interesting clouds when you took these shots. Thanks for sharing and enjoy the weekend...

Susan Cook said...

Terrific photos. They look like storm clouds. Thanks for sharing your view.

Gattina said...

Beautiful skies !

2sweetnsaxy said...

Those are wonderful skies! Great collage. I should try doing those more often.

Tumblewords: said...

You do have some gorgeous skies!! Always a joy to see your photos...

Misty DawnS said...

I especially like the shot in the bottom right - with the touch of orange.

Related Posts with Thumbnails