Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Wordless Waterless Wednesday - Happy Earth Day

Make Time for Small Reflections
Earth Day Links
History of Earth Day
Earth Day 2009 Campaigns & Events
Southern California Events & Search Engine
Earth Day - Government Portal

ALMOST
Record temp'ratures ...
87 degrees plus!
More like SUMMER than

Springtime at the beach.
Southern California
unpredictable

weather that has left
yards & gardens thirsty ... plants
wilting much too soon.
Note how dry the dirt
around Nastursiums on my
parkway and iris

blossoms ... normally
lasting well in to next month
already wilting.
Without sprinklers
I water by hand with the
hose (for now at least)

Water restrictions
in Los Angeles County
limit watering

after 9am
before 4pm ... only
Monday & Thursday.

Click to embiggen for better viewing.
Find others participating in Watery Wednesday
and Wordless Wednesday today.


Beautiful to see
ocean views like these abound
but don't help my plants.

This is my 5th ...My 1st, 2nd and 4th are at Sacred Ruminations
and my 3rd is at Happily Retired Gal

Small Reflections ... Smile Back

Thought for Today
"
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect."
Chief Seattle, 1855

19 comments:

George said...

I'm sorry to hear about the dry weather you're having. We went through two years of drought here in Tennessee, but the rain in fairly close to normal so far this year. It always hurts to see plants dying from lack of water.
But you did manage to capture some great sky and beach pictures!

Martha Z said...

It's hot in Sacramento, too. The iris bloom and fade quickly. Unfortunately, our community of Licncoln put out a press release saying they have plenty of water for this year, no need to conserve and people aren't. Bad, bad, bad policy, everyone should conserve.

Linnea said...

Hot, hot, hot...here too! Our lovely green hills are rapidly turning brown. Roses are already in full bloom. Happy Earth day to you...great series of shots from your world! Enjoy WW...

Sandee said...

We hit 100 here yesterday. A record too. I love your collages as always.

Have a terrific day. Big hug. :)

Corey~living and loving said...

great photos for Earth Day. I have some up as well. :)
happy WW!

Ivanhoe said...

I'm sending our rain over. We've had too much. My backyard is a swamp.
The beach pics are awesome! Wish I was there :o)

2sweetnsaxy said...

Love the shots. I can't believe it's been this hot. Can't wait for it to cool back down to Spring weather. I don't know why they don't so something about out water situation. My sister just paid big money for her lawn. I don't know if she can keep it only watering it twice a week.
:-(

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Beautiful photo collages.

~Lisa
New Mexico

Joyce said...

I enjoyed your photos and Chief Seattle's wisdom (so fitting for Earth Day), but am sorry to hear that things are too dry there. :(

Ari_1965 said...

I want an ocean.

Jo, a retired teacher said...

My son's family has also been sweltering in California. To add to that, electricity for air conditioning is wicked expensive. Adds up to discomfort all around.

I want an ocean too.

Pamela said...

we finally have spring -- and for two days I thought we'd skipped it entirely and jumped into summer.

SOOO many plants are popping forth with blossoms in the 80s.
BUT.. this morning it was in the 40's... so we're back to spring again.

Mojo said...

Oh I know that story! We had the worst drought in our history in 2007 and the water tables are still trying to catch up. Thankfully the reservoirs are full again, so the city customers are at least back in business. But even though we're running a surplus at present, the city still has restrictions in place. They're just not as stringent as they were two summers ago.

Tarolino said...

The ocean views are just spectacular but all that lovely sun and blue sky doesn't help your beatiful garden much. Such a pity that those wonderful blooms should wilt far too soon.

Ebie said...

Your poetry and photos are so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

You are having dry weather and we are having cold wet weather..I hope you get some rain soon...it is hard on plants and wildlife....

i beati said...

That rose Spring on the sidebar is so wonderfully Spring !!Sandy

Susan Cook said...

Hope your plants spring back. We are going to have record highs here this weekend too. For us we never get in the 80's in April.

I'd love to be at that beach, right now.

Unknown said...

You have a perfect little piece of Earth there!

Related Posts with Thumbnails