Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Monday, March 30, 2009

Mellow Yellow Monday and Today's Flowers

Make Time for Small Reflections
This is my 3rd Mellow Yellow post
at Small Reflections but I've published 10 Mellow Yellow posts
previously at Happily Retired Gal.

Purple irises
almost finished blooming in
my yard, but look here!

YELLOW IRISES
have started to open up
with a touch of white.

Yellow Pansies too
grace my garden amidst a
barrage of color ;--)
Click collages to embiggen for better viewing
and for others participating in
Mellow Yellow Monday and Today's Flowers.
See also my Today's Flowers posts at Sacred Ruminations
and Happily Retired Gal
Small Reflections ... Smile Back
Thought for Today
"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does." William James

20 comments:

VioletSky said...

Irises are one of my sentimental favourites. Those yellow and white ones look rare, to me.

Karen said...

Lovely flowers...makes me think of my mother's garden...

Tink *~*~* said...

The pansies remind me of my old home on Long Island. Always had some growing during the cooler weather, in the shade under my Japanese andromeda.

Tink *~*~*
Colorful birds from Orlando, Florida

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

I love all your yellow flowers! thanks for visiting mine. :)
MellowYellow

Tarolino said...

Love the quote.
You have the most wonderful flowers in your garden. These irises are a treasure.

Sandee said...

Spring is here for sure. A little warmer would be better, but spring is here. As always I love your collages.

Have a terrific day. Big hug. :)

Shari said...

yellow flowers are just always so happy! thanks. :)

Unknown said...

Pansies are a staple of my garden, although my mom doesn't like these little beauties. :) I often tease here that they are like garlic to a vampire. :)

Naturegirl said...

Those yellow irises are stunning!! Makes my heart sing!!!!

Carletta said...

These are lovely!
You have so much blooming and it's only started here with forsythia and daffodils.
Hope you're having a wonderful day!

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Beautiful Iris's!! I have some purple ones! Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great evening!

Sherrie

Dianne said...

they're all so delicate looking!

kitten said...

Love the title and quote! The flowers are just so beautiful! Hope all is well your way!

Tina said...

i like the little purple one that seemed to have crept in the yellow group!

Ivanhoe said...

I'm glad you are feeling better. The flowers are gorgeous. I cannot wait to plant some new ones at my back yard. It will have to wait a few more weeks though, we still have freezing nights.

kitten said...

I have a little something at my blog to add a little Sun Shine in your day!

Joyce said...

Oh, I LOVE the quote. It is truly inspirational. Thank you, Virginia. :)

Joy Des Jardins said...

Love your mellow flowers. I've always loved pansies and iris's...beautiful. I hope you are feeling back to your old self again Virginia....or at least pretty close. Somehow you managed to blog your way through most of it. I've been thinking about you...Love, Joy

i beati said...

are these flowers from this year already wow Sandy

Kay said...

This is so pretty! I don't think I've ever seen yellow irises. Wow! They're gorgeous!

Related Posts with Thumbnails