Welcome to Small Reflections


"Nothing is ever achieved without enthusiasm."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Duck photo source: Lisa's Chaos
I hope you enjoy your visit. If you're looking for something specific, check out the links to posts by category in my sidebar and down a ways. They'll assist with tracking down different types of posts found on each of my three blogs. You might also enjoy checking out the other sites: Sacred Ruminations, Blog Rolls, Bling & Blurbs, and Happily Retired Gal.

I hope you'll look around & leave comments
then visit me at my new blog ...

Giraffe Journal

and/or website ... Labyrinth Journal
both self-hosted at WordPress
where I publish as myself
rather than under a
pseudonym.

I've not had much time for posting or blog visits, but if you're interested I hope you'll find time to check out my new blog, Giraffe Journal or my Labyrinth Journal website ... both self hosted at WordPress.

Thanks for your visit and have a delightful day ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Friday, April 3, 2009

Grey Skies Through Bare Branches With New Buds

Make Time for Small Reflections
Click for Haiku SkyWatch Friday at Happily Retired Gal

Haiku Friday#129 & Sky Watch #43
Drizzily days with
grey skies ... not a glimpse of blue.
We DO need the rain!

Everything is dry
as a bone and soon we'll be
rationing water.

Click to embiggen for better viewing.
Find others participating in Haiku Friday, SkyWatch and Looking at the Sky this week.


lookingatthesky
Small Reflections ... Smile Back

Thought for Today
"I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catchers mitt on both hands. You need to be able to throw something back." Maya Angelou

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a bit gray, cool and gloomy today and yesterday. I just hope it warms up on Sunday for my granddaughter's birthday party: It is outside at a park!

Vixen said...

That comment above was me. I didn't mean to hit anonymous.

Louise said...

These are not the skies that you usually show us. They have a lot more moodiness to them, but they are still beautiful!

Tumblewords: said...

Water is the new oil, I think. Beautiful skies - no matter what color...:) Soon there will be leaves. I hope...

Mare said...

It is raining and grey and the temperature is going the wrong way here in NY. Yuck!

Carolyn said...

Your photographs are lovely and my thoughts were the same today as your first Haiku as we recieved record rain today. Thank you for sharing and have a great weekend.
Smiles

Barb said...

Well, behind every cloud is a silver lining - or so I've heard. Hope this moisture helps your area to bloom!

Dianne said...

gray skies can be so beautiful, these are!

Looking @ The Sky on Friday said...

You welcome the rain to your dry ground and ours is over saturated. The world around us is crazy isn't it. I'm glad you're sharing this view with us.

Thanks for playing.
-Tisha

Tricia said...

Very cool photos, those buds are surely helped by the rain. Great haiku to go with them.

Tabbikat's Thoughts

Akelamalu said...

We have bright sunshine here today :)

Anonymous said...

You'll have to do that rain dance! heheheh
I'll pray for you all to get some rain out there!

kitten said...

Great photos! Hope you have a wonderful week end!

maryt/theteach said...

Good shot, storyteller and I love the quote by Maya Angelou! :)

Gattina said...

It seems you have the same sky as I do ! grey ... but the branches against it look beautiful.

SandyCarlson said...

I wish I could send some of our rain your way. I hope it comes and drenches your beautiful landscape. God bless, Storyteller.

Patti said...

I like how the branches are silhouetted against the gray sky.

Enjoyed your Haiku as always.

Joyce said...

I hope those grey skies brought the desired rain with them.

The Balboa Island pictures are delightful! They remind me of the many favorite spots I have in California; I do hope we get to vacation there this year. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails